144 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

webuyyourbike.com.au

Has anyone used them?

Got an offer thats only slightly less than what I'm trying to sell a bike for, so am tempted to go for it for an easy life after yet another buyer turned up tonight wanting a joy ride and a few k off the price because he was "more looking for a fireblade" (why come here then you absolute ball bag?!)

just wondering if their quotes are accurate or if they try to turn up and screw about? How long does the money take and generally how the experience was?

Cheers
    Likes AdN liked this post

Liked
    6631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Saw the ad last night, I'd be a tad sceptical, sounds too good to be true.

Motorbike
    2012 BMW S100RR, 2009 R1
    Liked
    135 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a Perth based company (probably a dealer I would imagine). Wouldn't be an issue - just make sure you hold firm when they are viewing the bike (should be no bargaining if you described the bike properly) and wait for money to hit the account (or a bank cheque ) before they take the bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by devolved View Post
    I did once have a chick yell "Take me with you" as I rode past on my GT250 once, I can only imagine the chick-pulling power of the 650.

Inactive Member
    Motorbike
    Harley Davidson XL1200C
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jaw, how did this go? did they turn out to be legit?

Motorbike
    2012 BMW S100RR, 2009 R1
    Liked
    135 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They seem fine - had a quote sent on my bike (albeit a cheap one) and just had to accept - from there once they are happy with the viewing they either payment by eft or bank cheque straight to you (if worried insist on a bank cheque and call their bank that the cheque was drawn from to confirm authenticity before handing over keys).
    I did once have a chick yell "Take me with you" as I rode past on my GT250 once, I can only imagine the chick-pulling power of the 650.

Inactive Member
    Motorbike
    Harley Davidson XL1200C
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Herbie. I'm going to speak to them and suss it out a bit. Very curious to hear what Jaw's experience was.

I was struggling to find any detail at all about them but I had a break through when I did a whois on their domain name (they didn't pay the few dollars extra to hide their registered owner names, so assuming that their info is correct I know a bit more now). My main issue is that nobody seems to be talking about them so its hard to tell if they're legit and poorly known or a scammer building up credibility with legit transactions before screwing people over...

Jaw - how did you go?

Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They offered me $5000 less than the advertised price. Even the scammers on Gumtree have more respect.
    Likes -JC- liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewNormal View Post
    They offered me $5000 less than the advertised price. Even the scammers on Gumtree have more respect.
    Same as any dealer would. Why so suprised? It's a business.

Liked
    839 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Jaw sold his bike without using them, but I MAY be wrong!

Motorbike
    Blek Suzuki
    Liked
    1914 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zzorg View Post
    I got a quote from webuyyourcar.com just before we emigrated. The online quote was 5500. By the time the guy had finished deducting for every tiny little 'defect' he could find the offer had gone down to 4400. They are legalised thieves preying on desperate people. Yes, they will screw you on the quote. And when you get in front of them they'll even deduct for the quote itself.

Use them only if you really, really have no other options.
    In all fairness, that's probably a completely different company so not really an accurate comparison to the Perth business that may actually be decent.

That said, I can't see them paying any more than a stealer dealer would.

Motorbike
    Kwaka zx10R, Yamaharrrr R1
    Liked
    144 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Pretty sure Jaw sold his bike without using them, but I MAY be wrong!
    Nope you're right, had a bit of serious last minute interest, still sold it cheap as chips though but was hassle free.

I did however speak to them a bit without committing and it seems they supply a few dealers rather than have their own, and will try to screw you on the price - but thats their business at the end of the day, making money of desperate sellers.. I think its best to use them if you can afford to say no, give a very critical description and then walk away if they play games with the quote despite not b3ing abl3 5o find any5hing amiss. They also let you add photos so just make sure they are representative.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don't know how I managed to sell my CBF250 to a dealer for the same price I bought it for one year later. Was just a straight sale too, not a trade in.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki KLR 650 Camo
    Liked
    480 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried them to see what happens. I know they will try and screw me, but I haven't heard back in the one business day they state. Unless they offer me what I want, its no deal.

Motorbike
    Yamaha R1
    Liked
    353 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There pretty much the same as the dealers savage offered 12000 they offerd around the same 12500-13000
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Even if I was interested in vagina I'd probably be looking for something a little bit stronger... I don't go for sissies

Motorbike
    2011 Triumph Thunderbird Storm
    Liked
    17 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I advertised my bike for what they offered me I would sell it straight away, however it would also be the cheapest CBR 1100 ever sold.
    Doubt not therefore Sir that angling is an art and an art worth your learning
    Likes Sookie liked this post

Motorbike
    2012 BMW S100RR, 2009 R1
    Liked
    135 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggy View Post
    In all fairness, that's probably a completely different company so not really an accurate comparison to the Perth business that may actually be decent.

That said, I can't see them paying any more than a stealer dealer would.
    They are a dealer. Have a Motor Vehicle dealer's license and all. My guess is it would be one of the bigger used bike dealers ie. Dale Britton etc. doing this to pick up extra stock and either retail it or wholesale on to other dealers.

Liked
    839 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How To Sell A Motorcycle, Sell Motorcycle Cash | Perth WA | We Buy Your Bike
    Why should I use webuyyourbike.com.au?
    All you have to do is fill out our online quote form or call 1300 553 644.
    Savage Suzuki - 1300 553 644 - Midland (WA) - - Reverse Australia
    Likes Seb liked this post

Motorbike
    Speed3R - Sprint ST - RSV4 Factory
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they bought my 14 off me. I was honest in the description of the bike (country ridden so has corresponding chips) and they actually offered me over $2k more than what I was offered trade in when I bought my Aprilia. I s'pose I was lucky not to be in a position I was desperate to sell it and I let him know when he sent his quote and I would only consider the top end of his quote. He came round and started loading onto his ute with no mention of payment. I asked if he was going to pay the higher amount I indicated in the reply to his quote and he responded yep no problems, ill finish loading and we'll do the paperwork.
    He got out his iPad and paid the balance of my finance then paid the leftover direct into my account. He was with anz (me too) so I had the funds within 15mins.

all went smooth, got the confirmation from my finance a week later it had cleared.
    He is a buyer for Savage Suzuki so uses a dealer form instead of change of ownership form, give him keys and rego paper all done n happy.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail
    Likes El Skitzo, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    vs1400
    Liked
    889 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be mindful peeps until a bank cheque clears in your account it can be cancelled.

Motorbike
    Speed3R - Sprint ST - RSV4 Factory
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does internet banking transfer and he didnt cancel / undo my payment. Went smoothly. Sure if you have a different bank it could take around 3 buisness days for funds to show up. Thats a bit of trust you have to give him (he does the transfer right infront of you and gives you receipt number etc) but yeah went smoothly for me and havent heard complaints from others. Maybe his quotes wont be up to some peoples expectations.. depends what youve got, what condition, how much they want to get it and how realistic you are. He definately was no tyre kicker. If you describe it accurately you shoyldnt have dramas.
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail