Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    ReCon, purple monkey dishwasher not aimed at you, or at anyone in particular. Just that my info was confirmed and in light of discussions that it wasn't listed on Deloittes thought I'd share what I knew as to its status.
    I doubt very much that a proposed investment similar to what a lot of people spend to build a house is going to interest Deloittes.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    I doubt very much that a proposed investment similar to what a lot of people spend to build a house is going to interest Deloittes.
    Wasn't raised by me - was bought up a few pages back and seemed there was doubt as to its status after that.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've found out a bit more but not sure what is public knowledge and what isn't but can confirm there's still issues to be resolved before it is determined at what level it is going to be assessed by State Government (basically an easy path or a longer, more expensive path - neither of which guarantees it'll get approved).
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I've found out a bit more but not sure what is public knowledge and what isn't but can confirm there's still issues to be resolved before it is determined at what level it is going to be assessed by State Government (basically an easy path or a longer, more expensive path - neither of which guarantees it'll get approved).
    If it's part of the peel catchment the Feds would also be interested. EPBDC referral maybe? That's a fun game.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    If it's part of the peel catchment the Feds would also be interested. EPBDC referral maybe? That's a fun game.
    Not aware of any Federal EPBC Act referral triggers. If there was, at this stage of the process I'd expect they would have been triggered by now.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, early days in the process but that Act is a bit of a minefield as the developer should be reporting to the feds why they think a referral is not required. Does seem back to front but if they don't do that and the feds later come back with a please explain it does not go well.
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"

Motorbike
    2001 ZX7R Whale. 2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(basically an easy path or a longer, more expensive path - neither of which guarantees it'll get approved).

Based on past history with, umm... EVERYTHING in this state, what does your heart tell you?
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Based on past history with, umm... EVERYTHING in this state, what does your heart tell you?
    I don't know Rob. My head tells me you have a much better chance if you've got a lot of 'private investors' money you want to inject into our dying economy, as well as some very influential friends in high places.
    We're also very close to our cashed up Asian neighbours who would love to come over once a month to practice driving their go-karts on the only World Class sanctioned go-kart track in Australasia.
    How else do you think you can get a bell tower built in a recession.
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    I don't know Rob. My head tells me you have a much better chance if you've got a lot of 'private investors' money you want to inject into our dying economy, as well as some very influential friends in high places.
    We're also very close to our cashed up Asian neighbours who would love to come over once a month to practice driving their go-karts on the only World Class sanctioned go-kart track in Australasia.
    How else do you think you can get a bell tower built in a recession.
    Whilst state debt remains high, you will not get a cent of state government money for this project.

Even if private investors came to the party, it'd be built on a shoe string budget and like all projects in WA, be done half arsed. And no, it wouldn't create a lot of employment.

Unless you could attract MotoGP or Formula1 there's no profit to be made on a complex like this. It might make enough to just turn over but with no money to invest back into the circuit it'd turn into another Barbs, which wouldn't look out of place in a 3rd world country.

Do you know why Silverstone in the UK refused to hold the MotoGP race on Monday after the Sunday was rained out? They couldn't afford it. They barely make enough to tick over and this is a track that hosts F1 and MotoGP.

You can't rely on Asian businessmen driving go-karts to support the circuit.

There is 0% chance of attracting MotoGP/Formula1/WSBK. The east coast, especially Melbourne has too much power, and I don't think anyone, especially the riders want to see Phillip Island removed from the Calendar.

Why is this thread even still going?

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Very optimistic as they have got this far through the original minefield means that they are persistent and serious enough to keep jumping the hurdles that are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Whilst state debt remains high, you will not get a cent of state government money for this project.

Even if private investors came to the party, it'd be built on a shoe string budget and like all projects in WA, be done half arsed. And no, it wouldn't create a lot of employment.

Unless you could attract MotoGP or Formula1 there's no profit to be made on a complex like this. It might make enough to just turn over but with no money to invest back into the circuit it'd turn into another Barbs, which wouldn't look out of place in a 3rd world country.

Do you know why Silverstone in the UK refused to hold the MotoGP race on Monday after the Sunday was rained out? They couldn't afford it. They barely make enough to tick over and this is a track that hosts F1 and MotoGP.

You can't rely on Asian businessmen driving go-karts to support the circuit.

There is 0% chance of attracting MotoGP/Formula1/WSBK. The east coast, especially Melbourne has too much power, and I don't think anyone, especially the riders want to see Phillip Island removed from the Calendar.

Why is this thread even still going?
    If you look at how many tracks are in NZ (I have ridden 6) it is a good investment as they are constantly improving their tracks. Although investors don't always just spend money to make it, they spend money to enjoy it.
    Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wahoo!! What a ride!"
    Likes BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReCon, purple monkey dishwasher not aimed at you, or at anyone in particular. Just that my info was confirmed and in light of discussions that it wasn't listed on Deloittes thought I'd share what I knew as to its status.
    Not a prob Kristy!

Seems my emoji thing no longer works, hence it omitted the wink.

I think the go ahead of ANY race orientated establishment in WA is a must. Just hope the involved Govt. depts, Councils AND the surrounding land owners can agree on it eventually..
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.