Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    You can't eat great white sharks. This is the argument all over extreme right wing news pages like the west or channel 7. The logic of "just eat it" doesn't apply when the animal is full of chemical compounds toxic to humans
    We could all have a good discussion if you quit throwing "right wing" and news stations into this. Try replying with "I believe the meat contains toxins that humans can't eat".

I could then reply with "Interesting, perhaps there would be other uses for the meat so we don't completely waste the animal".

It really would be dandy.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Hyosung 250 Race Replica
    Liked
    3983 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true. No people in the ocean = no deaths from the ocean. It's quite a simple concept. I'm not advocating that people don't go in it, but it's true.
    It's not a concept, it's impossible and therefore garbage. There's no point in even stating it.

You're as likely to be killed by a shark as you are at winning the lottery.
    Moot point. There's been an uptick in deaths caused. At what point do you make the choice to enact measures for harm minimisation. 1 a year, 1 a month, 1 a day???

you're losing an argument to a 20-something year old student. How embarrassing.
    Who's counting points? The only person here who seems like they're at any sort of loss is the 20-year old rationalising how superior they are, darting around logic, waffling incoherently and bumbling the occasional "insult".

If anything i'd go through your previous forum actions and have a long hard look at the way you've portrayed yourself, the way you want to be portrayed and how many people actually like you. I mean, if you're that far off that you legitimately think you're "winning", i'd even go so far as to get yourself checked for some sort of personality disorder.

That somehow implies that the only reason people visit Australia/Western Australia is to swim in areas they're prone to being mauled by a shark.
    No, no it doesn't. Are you studying year 6 reading comprehension? If not, it'd be a good unit to pick up. It means that if you ask people from other countries about Perth, a fair amount wouldn't even step foot in water at the beach because 'it's shark infested'.

The most recent death was in a more secluded beach that isn't monitored the same way the Perth metro area beaches are
    In what way. A shark was spotted earlier that day, and there are a number of buoys with radio catchers down there.
    Here: https://www.sharksmart.com.au/shark-activity

Please, if you're going to make points, do a little bit of research first.

and it's a known hot-spot for sharks.
    Great way to counteract your own argument.

She was also surfing, not just taking a dip in the shallow areas on the beach. Like I've said, you appear paranoid about these man-hunting sharks when they barely affect you unless you go surfing in the middle of their habitat.
    What is the middle of their habitat? Please. (if you've actually got an answer for this, please write it out and send it to the CSIRO)

I find it quite amusing you choose Not to use my quotes in their entirety, because the things you don't like/have no retort for aren't there. You also use the same rhetoric as people like Tracey Grimshaw or Malcolm Roberts. You use a lot of emotive words and phrases, but you seldom include hard data, facts, or scientific evidence.
    No, you waffle. You repeatedly skirt around the point with colourful, bullshitty rants. I wouldn't be surprised if people just cut you off in normal conversation just to shut you up.

I think that's a bit rich coming from somebody that makes spelling errors in a lot of their posts. Read a dictionary Glenn
    Hey fucko, don't clumsily get yourself banned and ruin my fun because you can't hold your tongue when necessary.
    Last edited by Maxo; 21-04-2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelign
    Likes Para045, Tim the PM, pnork liked this post
    Dislikes Ryanoceros disliked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Phildo liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mick Fanning...1 Shark ...0

Why do great whites take chunks out of humans...?????

is it because of mistaken identity..?????.

"looked like a seal to me..hombre..."

Nah we smell different to seals...( ya been up close with one....phew!!)

+10 on the scent trail thing... they love the smell of blood..and urine......

I bet .....smart sharks are best fed sharks....

I bet there was a berly trail at the spot that young chick got snatched..( for want of a better phrase..)

Just like the trail of mulies left at city beach ( bag of bait buried in the sand see coroners report)some years ago when everyday swimmer guy got eaten as soon as he dived in ala. Harold Holt..

So ..umm Fuk Off Ryanosaurus is that clear ..? Just so you can be ridiculed by regular contributors on here.. you seem to like it like that.

Sharks.. apex preditor eats what it fukkin likes... and learns... ( just like a croc does) NW Boat tours train 'em to jump to the boat for scraps ...so tourists can get a happy snap...dumbasses!!

And dumbass models swim into the crocs gobs' Newsflash..!!
    " you want a future..? reconcile your past....leave nothing to chance.."

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might pitch for a "reality" TV show "Alpha Meets Apex" - where cashed-up big-game types get to jump in the water with a knife clenched between their teeth (ala Tarzan) and do battle with a toothy denison of the deeps. Post mining boom cash-cow?
    Likes Maxo, Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    I might pitch for a "reality" TV show "Alpha Meets Apex" - where cashed-up big-game types get to jump in the water with a knife clenched between their teeth (ala Tarzan) and do battle with a toothy denison of the deeps. Post mining boom cash-cow?
    There is a "Shark Experience" cage dive in South Oz already ....

"one day them sharkz are gonna get into tha cage, and eat a whole lot of human." ( Say the quote like "Turtle Man" it's quite funny,)
    " you want a future..? reconcile your past....leave nothing to chance.."

Motorbike
    KTM 200 Duke
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can tell alot about a person by the way they wash their bike
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxo View Post
    Not sure why at all, but there have been several instances recently of people being completely consumed.

I think the point i was trying to make is that whether we call it "eat" "taste" or "feel", unfortunately the outcome for us usually isn't a band-aid. Eat certainly has its place in media hyperbole, but it's just a description of something that happens when an animal uses its face to injure a human.
    I think four out the last fifteen have been completely devoured and only one was identified as a GW (Wedge Is), one was definitely a Tiger (Abrolhos) and the other two no one can be sure. May have been the creature from the black lagoon.

So when a dog uses it's face to injure me, it is trying to eat, taste or feel me?

I thought they were just biting me.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxo View Post

Again, if they're encroaching on our way of life, they need management. Just like any other dangerous wildlife in any other country on this fucking planet.

]
    Like I highlighted earlier, there are more deaths per year from bees and wasps than sharks. So why isn't there an out cry about this?

Secondly, there are personal shark repellents out there. If you don't want to fork out xx amount of dollars why should the taxpayer pay to solve your problem? ( I don't see Barbs being fixed by the government)

Lets face it, people surf/dive where there are reefs for a reason. Funnily enough, where there are reefs, there are fish...small fish, medium sized fish and big fish!

In 2015 alone, 3027 Australians committed suicide. That's more the 8 A DAY! Didn't see this on the front page of a newspaper 3 days straight.
    Likes Skut, Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The drum lines cost $5,705/day and changed fuck all.

What do you think a "cull" would cost?

Yes, I am putting a price on human life, there are plenty of them anyway. Their Gods don't give a fuck why should I?
    There is an argument that the QLD drumlining of the last 30 years with zero fatalities, contrasts with just south of the NSW border with a 1 per two? year slaughter average.

I am biased. If I live and work with the water getting chomped dead is an increasing possibility. Hippies saying it is THEIR environment does not fit that I've lived in, on and worked the water since birth. It is my environment too.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Hippies saying it is THEIR environment does not fit that I've lived in, on and worked the water since birth. It is my environment too.
    It's also your choice.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be interested to see how many more people are in the water these days.

I suspect recreational ocean activities have increased a lot in the last twenty years.

Here are some stats for W.A.

http://www.sharkattackdata.com/place...tern_australia
    I would argue otherwise, especially divers. 40 years ago there were spearfishers up and down the coast. now? SFA.

Yes, there may be 10X the people splashing in the shallows at cott, but deeper shark friendly water, less people.

IMHO, Whites are coming back to their normal range of inshore following whale and seal. The commercial ban on shark bycatch locally about 15? years ago has definitely had an effect.

I don't also buy the argument that there are less local fish stocks, both anecdotally and stats. . If you cant catch fish now in WA waters, take up macramé.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also your choice.
    Not when your earliest childhood memories are being with family in the water. Not a choice. A culture.

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when a dog uses it's face to injure me, it is trying to eat, taste or feel me?
    Just look at a GW as the Ducati of dogs... eats by feel.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Motorbike
    Exotic Italian Muscle
    Liked
    438 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    I tried to warn Ryanoceros but hes his own dog doing his thang...
    Its all good on Ducati's

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not when your earliest childhood memories are being with family in the water. Not a choice. A culture.
    No, still a choice.

My childhood was by the sea, and most of my youth was spent in it. Nearly drowned a couple of times (fuck me that water stuff is dangerous!). Blue-bottles, jellyfish, stonefish, blue-ringed octopus. It's a lottery really, and pretty hard to make an ocean "safe" when we barely understand it. I agree with harm minimisation harnessed to a rational and scientific response. The ocean has been our convenient exploitable resource AND dumping ground for centuries, but all we get is politicians grand-standing on a vengence ticket.
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Exotic Italian Muscle
    Liked
    438 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwon View Post
    try using constructive debating rather than petty shite
    Oorrrr man deleting posts,,, that's no fair to those of us that only check in once a day or so.....
    Its all good on Ducati's

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, still a choice.

My childhood was by the sea, and most of my youth was spent in it. Nearly drowned a couple of times (fuck me that water stuff is dangerous!). Blue-bottles, jellyfish, stonefish, blue-ringed octopus. It's a lottery really, and pretty hard to make an ocean "safe" when we barely understand it. I agree with harm minimisation harnessed to a rational and scientific response. The ocean has been our convenient exploitable resource AND dumping ground for centuries, but all we get is politicians grand-standing on a vengence ticket.
    That belittles my position that it is my culture. It is not a choice in the same manner as people of fervent religious conviction cannot and will not change the way they are. Without the water I am not me.

They were offshore for a long time. Now they are inshore and learning. Care to comment on the QLD/NSW shark attack dichotomy?

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That belittles my position that it is my culture. It is not a choice in the same manner as people of fervent religious conviction cannot and will not change the way they are. Without the water I am not me.

They were offshore for a long time. Now they are inshore and learning. Care to comment on the QLD/NSW shark attack dichotomy?
    Does not belittle at all. Nor intended to.

QLD v NSW stats? I'm not informed enough to comment with any authority, but we are talking about different latitudes of coastline and IF the only variable was drumlining and the rate of shark deaths equate to one or two per year then I don't see it as a crucial issue that requires a lot of tax dollars expended.

I have far more concerns about my own son being damaged by another human being than a marine creature - and EVERY stat would back that concern as more valid than the risk of being mauled in the ocean. But big alien looking things with teeth make a more convenient boogeyman than fucked-up or just plain stupid fellow humans
    Last edited by Skut; 21-04-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Maxo.

One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does not belittle at all. Nor intended to.

QLD v NSW stats? I'm not informed enough to comment with any authority, but we are talking about different latitudes of coastline and IF the only variable was drumlining and the rate of shark deaths equate to one or two per year then I don't see it as a crucial issue that requires a lot of tax dollars expended.

I have far more concerns about my own son being damaged by another human being than a marine creature - and EVERY stat would back that concern as more valid than the risk of being mauled in the ocean. But big alien looking things with teeth make a more convenient boogeyman than fucked-up or just plain stupid fellow humans
    QLD drumline stats have more catches the further north . NSW attack stats are higher north NSW. Longitude does not answer the difference. For example, more people swimming at Gold Coast than Byron Bay but Byron Bay has attacks and Gold Coast not. Similar lat/long. They are next door. Gold coast has nets and drumlines for 30+ years.

I love sharks. So cool. Intelligent and learn. They are learning we are edible. In a short space of time.
    Last edited by AZAZL; 21-04-2017 at 07:57 PM. Reason: forgot the lats.