Liked
    438 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    I've been using Inox on my chain for two years and my indicator bulbs are fine.
    You love that lanolin feel too, dont ya Agrid?
    Its all good on Ducati's

Motorbike
    ZRX1200R, X1 White Lightning, 06 FJR 1300, Norton Commando
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WRT the oil/mx3 mixture., there has always been flushing oil available. Can't give you a specific brand/ viscosity, but it has always been useful for flushing out internal carbon buildup. Very useful in stuff like 2 stroke GM heavy diesels--you drain regular oil, and then run it lightly loaded ( NOT idling) for 15-20 minutes. No more than an hour IIRC, and not under heavy load. Then drain and replace. I have also seen it used on petrol engines--my son bought an incredibly low k Magna, the actual little old lady owner situaion, that was smoking and burning oil. I got him to run the flushing oil through it, actually did a few hours, drained and replaced with regular recommended, problem gone. Running a high detergent diesel oil through petrol engines can also have the same effect-- I ran Rimula X through my petrol Hilux years ago and the sludge buildup inside the rocker box from heaps of very short runs down to the jetty and back disappeared. .. But beware--I have also seen this claim an engine. A vehicle which had obviously never had an oil change, oil like tar, sludge everywhere, tried to run a high detergent oil through. Had over 100,000k's, IIRC. Oil light came on, bad knocking noise. Stripdown revealed a blocked oil intake in the sump, lumps of dislodged crud. So beware.
    " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"
    Likes GsxInShed liked this post

Motorbike
    Exotic Italian Muscle
    Liked
    438 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said many times over the years and I'll repeat it for newbs:

WD40 or Inox is all you EVER need to use on your chain. PERIOD. (Inox included to calm poor agrid down)

Fish back over this thread (no pun). Post #60 is the epitome. Look for users reviews.

Countless accounts are all extremely positive (and still going 3yrs later) but for Thirsty who's chain was rooted after riding practically non stop across Australia.

My chain still in original condition and still squeaky clean - as are the majority of other early adopters.

WD40 is fit for purpose. In fact its better for purpose than the thick sticky lubes. Provided you lube every 2nd or so tank full.
    Its all good on Ducati's
    Likes david.96, agrid, Nudge liked this post

Motorbike
    Speed3R - Sprint ST - RSV4 Factory
    Liked
    148 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well im still running that chain 20,000km on. Yep shes a lkttle noisy when taking off loaded (clicks madly) but its still on there. X rings are torn up. Maybe chain lube have preserved it or maybe gentler riding. I was applying wd40 every 2nd tank. But getting 450km a tank might have pushed things...

Could be willing to trial it again on a different chain. Actually my rsv4 chain is probably rooted from long term sitting around. Probably worth seeing if wd40 can save it
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail