User Tag List

Page 293 of 358 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 7154

Thread: Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ER6-NL
    Liked
    120 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post
    Pop the top off and have a look down the back.

Depending on the brand some washers are keepers.

Anything Alliance, Huebsh, Speedqueen, Kleenmade last forever.

*Ex laundromat owner.
    Bought new one tonight from good guys .... Old one is LG
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR sparks a lot View Post
    remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
    Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
    Who died while defending his right of way;
    He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
    But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Motorbike
    Motorcycling is dangerous
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 66 View Post
    This is the issue that V8SC faces.
    Whincup was, in my and many others' opinions, unfairly penalised. It was however applied, and Will would not have been racing as hard as he could.

The penalty was a knee jerk, being only minutes away from the end of the biggest event on the calendar.
    15 secs possibly harsh only due to how close they finish.
    Whincups move was ruthless and he's good at his job, arguably the best.... paid to win at ALL costs.
    Tander and McLaughlin KO'd.
    at least 5 teams sitting pretty for a podium with 10 laps to go.
    Restart was in order anyway,

Imagine the chaos if no call was made till after the flag?

second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is the issue that V8SC faces.
    Whincup was, in my and many others' opinions, unfairly penalised. It was however applied, and Will would not have been racing as hard as he could.

The penalty was a knee jerk, being only minutes away from the end of the biggest event on the calendar.
    I thought he got off lightly. Taking a car off track that fails to continue is a drive through (30+secs) at minimum.
    I also thought the slowing on race line for redress was another issue ignored. I am not a Whincup hater (or gt supporter) but jw ruined a fantastic race for two of the leading cars. And his own. Again. Brain faid?
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Reported online to Main Roads. Cops probably wouldn't do much unless I could give them the exact location of the person who placed the sign, with no less than 17 eye witnesses and video proof... or has all the stuff I read about the police being lazy on this site been a lie?

But at least its a start and can be escalated if Main Roads don't want to do much about it.
    Or create your own, something like:

don't speed
    (100)
    percent of drivers
    die, eventually
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/
    Likes Prefectionist, Aufitt, Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a reply from Main Roads. Didn't expect a reply at 0030 hours though.

"Thank you for contacting us in relation to some advertising signage advising motorists to drive 40km/h at the intersection of Main Street and Eldorado Street, Osborne Park.
    Thank you for including the link to indicate the type of sign this is, I have had a look and agree with your comments that this is not a Main Roads speed zone sign, it is just a mock-up sign designed to look similar.
    If this sign was located on one of our roads, I would alert our Advertising Signage officer to ensure that the signage was removed.
    However, as Main Street and Eldorado Street are the responsibility of the City of Stirling, I have referred your email to the City of Stirling and requested them to provide you with a response directly."

Find it a little funny that Main Street is not the responsibility of Main Roads. But at least it's being moved on to the right people*.

*Unless the City of Stirling think this is fine, in which case they are not the right people.

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortSteve View Post
    I thought he got off lightly. Taking a car off track that fails to continue is a drive through (30+secs) at minimum.
    Two very separate incidents.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Two very separate incidents.
    But only one cause. Depends on how you interpret the rule book.
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick
    Likes Aufitt, Sprint liked this post

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having to organize access permits for an upcoming ride through middle of Australia

Not against the idea of a permit for going through Aboriginal lands, but jeez it's complicated. 3 states and umpteen different local jurisdictions all requiring permission to transit on through. And if the road/track/highway crosses 2 states it's even more confusing to sort. Then there's "Park Passes" in SA and the NT [ which isn't cheap, considering I'm paying hundreds to pass on through somewhere for a few hrs in a few locations.] A few rejected the first time around because I couldn't specify the exact day I was going through somewhere. Or paying for camping where there are simply no facilities at all, just camp where ever no more than 30m from the road. And the Defence Department want their nose in it as well [ Woomera]

Not sure if it's a money grab or deliberate bureaucracy in an effort to dissuade you from going or a bit of both.

Apparently if you are extremely unlucky and get asked and don't have correct permits the fines can be horrendous.
    Likes henrys liked this post

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
    Not sure if it's a money grab or deliberate bureaucracy in an effort to dissuade you from going or a bit of both.
    I'm sure there's an element of both. Might also be handy to know when you're supposed to be where, just in case someone needs to go looking...
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"
    Likes primalbabe liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
    Having to organize access permits for an upcoming ride through middle of Australia

Not against the idea of a permit for going through Aboriginal lands, but jeez it's complicated. 3 states and umpteen different local jurisdictions all requiring permission to transit on through. And if the road/track/highway crosses 2 states it's even more confusing to sort. Then there's "Park Passes" in SA and the NT [ which isn't cheap, considering I'm paying hundreds to pass on through somewhere for a few hrs in a few locations.] A few rejected the first time around because I couldn't specify the exact day I was going through somewhere. Or paying for camping where there are simply no facilities at all, just camp where ever no more than 30m from the road. And the Defence Department want their nose in it as well [ Woomera]

Apparently if you are extremely unlucky and get asked and don't have correct permits the fines can be horrendous.
    Having done the great central a few times, the wa one ain't hard. Nt permits also are easy, but yeah sa ones and parks pass are a bit more awkward, the flip side being much more forgiving of time and place. If doing the simmo don't bother with a qld pass, despite them "requiring" one there is no campsite to actually book. Is only half day from poepel cnr to birdsville anyway.
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick

Motorbike
    CBR600RR
    Liked
    10 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Got a reply from Main Roads. Didn't expect a reply at 0030 hours though.

Find it a little funny that Main Street is not the responsibility of Main Roads. But at least it's being moved on to the right people*.

*Unless the City of Stirling think this is fine, in which case they are not the right people.
    http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/os...14-gs2hb3.html

The City of Stirling requested the 40km/h trial, taking place along a 200m strip of Main Street between Hutton Street and Federal Street, be extended to an 850m trial between Eldorado Street and Cape Street.

But Main Roads, the agency responsible for determining speed limits in WA, chose not to extend the trial.

"Main Street is a local road under the care and control of the City of Stirling," a spokeswoman said.

"Main Roads has offered the City of Stirling an agreement in principle to conduct a time specific am/pm 40 km/h trial for a two-year period at Main Street Shopping precinct between Federal Street and Royal/Hutton Street."

Ms Pietracatella said the group was unsure if it would face any consequences for erecting the signs.

"I don't know if we'll get in trouble, we'll just see, I guess," she said.
    A police spokesman said a person could face a fine under the Road Traffic Act for erecting a speed sign without permission from the relevant authorities.
    Ridden: Bicycles, Honda Today 50, 5kW E-Scooter, XT125 Pit Bike, CB125E, CBR125R, Munkers' E-Hyo, VT250 Spada, CB250F Hornet, CBR250RR MC22, Z300, YZF-R3, CB400SF, CB500X, ER6f, YZF-R6, CBR600RR, ZX6R, S1000RR
    Likes Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ER6-NL
    Liked
    120 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    getting asked to get hire rate (market rates ) for various pieces of equipment (from skid steers, coasters, gensets, cranes, diesel welders, knuckle boom lifts,) given to me on Thusrsday at 2pm with all due on Monday by noon. what do i do

I grab table that was sent to me, and send it off to all hire suppliers my company has had an accounts with. Just before leaving on Thursday GM comes in and tells me all is due back on Friday noon, and asked to whom and what did I send. I reply, that I copied the table and send it to such and such. Fuck no, that was not not good enough ( i gathered by the way he was talking to me)
    I go home, and see GM is in the office with my supervisor and manager probably chewing their ears off too.
    All respect given to my immediate supervisor who was defending my action but obviuosly not good enough for my manager. My supervisor had a day off.

So what happened yesterday....

I was given a verbal warning for not being professional enough and should have sat down and think thru to which supplier I am going send what, that was on top of me trying to do testing for new software upgrade and looking after my normal day to day duties . I can't fucking split my self in 3

This company, after being there over 5 years is start to shit me with all back stabbing and having to cover your back so no more knives and more and more red tape (read procedures and policies put in place)

I think it will time to move on if this kind of petty game continues...I will go back to do mediocre job of being a picker and the packer...Fuck this office job I have been doing for last 12 years and expectations are just getting higher and higher but no rewards at all

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan View Post
    This company, after being there over 5 years is start to shit me with all back stabbing and having to cover your back so no more knives and more and more red tape (read procedures and policies put in place)
    Yep im glad I'm gone, the only people I liked there was rick (sparky), lee-anne (cleaner) steve (camp plumber) and jayson (auto mechanic)
    Last edited by Halo_2; 22-10-2016 at 06:59 PM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ER6-NL
    Liked
    120 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    Yep im glad I'm gone, the only people I liked there was rick (sparky), lee-anne (cleaner) steve (camp plumber) and jayson (auto mechanic)
    It seem that way.. will start looking soon if things don't change

I am not sure what is happening to Jim....

edit
    you have to watch you back all the time as you have people watching and watching . there is no trust given you are going to do your job right and trust has to be given. you have to watch what say and do as wall have eyes and ears. even my coffee and smoke brakes were mentioned but not hours I put it to offset those , not mention me talking on the mobile in my own car leaving work.

I am sure they want to go down the road of being BHP and RIO in that regards. company has high turn over of staff as you know it. Amount of clothing requests I process per week, and that is only me, is big.
    Last edited by acdcfan; 22-10-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan View Post
    getting asked to get hire rate (market rates ) for various pieces of equipment (from skid steers, coasters, gensets, cranes, diesel welders, knuckle boom lifts,) given to me on Thusrsday at 2pm with all due on Monday by noon. what do i do

I grab table that was sent to me, and send it off to all hire suppliers my company has had an accounts with. Just before leaving on Thursday GM comes in and tells me all is due back on Friday noon, and asked to whom and what did I send. I reply, that I copied the table and send it to such and such. Fuck no, that was not not good enough ( i gathered by the way he was talking to me)
    I go home, and see GM is in the office with my supervisor and manager probably chewing their ears off too.
    All respect given to my immediate supervisor who was defending my action but obviuosly not good enough for my manager. My supervisor had a day off.

So what happened yesterday....

I was given a verbal warning for not being professional enough and should have sat down and think thru to which supplier I am going send what, that was on top of me trying to do testing for new software upgrade and looking after my normal day to day duties . I can't fucking split my self in 3

I think it will time to move on if this kind of petty game continues...I will go back to do mediocre job of being a picker and the packer...Fuck this office job I have been doing for last 12 years and expectations are just getting higher and higher but no rewards at all
    Have a mate who will be dead with Cancer within a week. He won't see his girls get married or graduate High school. Won't get to see his son graduate Uni in 8 weeks.

I had to buy a very special piece of jewellery to give to his wife as he is bed bound and wants to give her something to remember him by. See what sort of pressure this is when you are the one needing to pull the trigger on a $3000 item and hope it does what is intended...

Now, WHY THE FUCK PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT FROM CUNTS WHO YOU CARE NOTHING ABOUT?

Do what makes you happy and fuck what society thinks you should do , or whom you should tolerate.

We aint here long enough to tolerate fuckwittery....
    Last edited by ReCon; 22-10-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes mekon, BillyBoof, MikeL liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ER6-NL
    Liked
    120 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ReCon
    You're right....
    I will prepare my Missus for a job change slowly as she is still suffering from depression and can't see light at the end of a tunnel, not just yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^

Double jeopardy mate.

Best of luck and hope you can get out of there asap. Might be a god-send to you both...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes GsxInShed liked this post

Motorbike
    Kawasaki ER6-NL
    Liked
    120 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Thanks ReCon
    I just need to do it slowly even if I have to cope a paycut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dumbass brother instead of finding out how to do things will just wing it with no thinking, if you tell him how to do something you get "I know" no dumb c*nt you don't know.

Went to use mums air compressor but instead of finding out why it's not building pressure just let it ran which cooked the motor. Didn't bother to screw in drain valve

Xbox 360 wouldn't eject a disc so decided to shove a knife into the tray got the disc out but now it's fucked. Didn't even bother to find the manual eject hole.

To name a few f*ckups
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    Motorcycling is dangerous
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    My dumbass brother instead of finding out how to do things will just wing it with no thinking, if you tell him how to do something you get "I know" no dumb c*nt you don't know.

Went to use mums air compressor but instead of finding out why it's not building pressure just let it ran which cooked the motor. Didn't bother to screw in drain valve

Xbox 360 wouldn't eject a disc so decided to shove a knife into the tray got the disc out but now it's fucked. Didn't even bother to find the manual eject hole.

To name a few f*ckups
    Oh he's my fathers twin.

Ye they still come back to you when its all really pearshaped?
    and if they've munted it so much you cant fix it, its still your fault?