Thread: Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have told this story. Some shoplifters, several women and a couple of kids, came into my wife's shop took a bunch of stuff. My wife, to her credit pushed them out the shop door. One of the seven year olds spat on her one the way out and called her a "racist cunt". Then they ran to their getaway vehicle... a bus. The barmen from over the road heard the comotion came over and dealt with the situation. One stood in front of the bus to prevent it leaving and the other went onboard and recovered most of the goods. Just another day in Mount Lawley.
    -
    Likes Shakey liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    I may have told this story. Some shoplifters, several women and a couple of kids, came into my wife's shop took a bunch of stuff. My wife, to her credit pushed them out the shop door. One of the seven year olds spat on her one the way out and called her a "racist cunt". Then they ran to their getaway vehicle... a bus. The barmen from over the road heard the comotion came over and dealt with the situation. One stood in front of the bus to prevent it leaving and the other went onboard and recovered most of the goods. Just another day in Mount Lawley.
    This is shit......there needs to be a shift in the way we think...khartz...are khartz.

Time for "a fkn shakeup..." Hilltophoodz.
    " Nobody wants my opinion,yet you think they all want to hear yours."

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    Should have run them over with a 4WD instead.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.
    Likes Para045, potato liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    News Flash- Seems getting even with a" bike thief can be an offence.

Deprivation of liberty etc etc.. Dad & Son? found a body riding their stolen bike in a pine plantation...

and took the law into their own hands"...charges have been laid..?

It mentions Ellenbrook ... as the likely location of the pair.

So it's worse to catch a ..... oh wai......

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    News Flash- Seems getting even with a" bike thief can be an offence.

Deprivation of liberty etc etc.. Dad & Son? found a body riding their stolen bike in a pine plantation...

and took the law into their own hands"...charges have been laid..?

It mentions Ellenbrook ... as the likely location of the pair.

So it's worse to catch a ..... oh wai......
    It's actually pretty simple. You confront a thief on your property or in the act you will have certain protections re justification of your behaviour in self defence or even a citizens arrest (which would include a level of deprivation of liberty ie restraint as police are called).

Pursuit and punishment by one's self is pretty much Mad Max territory, and the fact that it is legally and (generally) unacceptable is what keeps us from having to live in personal fortresses (oh, and insurance helps).

There are a few things that would cause me personally to ignore such laws and conventions, but they would be unlikely to involve a shit trail bike or quad and more an immediate threat to family or home; but that's just me, and I would likewise have to let justice as it stands to judge my behaviour after the fact.

edit: I could then come here and wish them cancer and call anyone who disagreed a softcock and my chest hair and beard would then choke me with my own alpha-maleness .
    Last edited by Skut; 24-07-2017 at 12:39 AM.
    Likes Commander Keen, Ryanoceros, mekon, MikeL liked this post

Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gumtree usage: If you have sold the item you have advertised on Gumtree, take down the freaking ad!
    Sigh...grumble, grumble, grumble...
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning lables and let the problem sort itself out...
    - Sarcasteacher

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    It's actually pretty simple. You confront a thief on your property or in the act you will have certain protections re justification of your behaviour in self defence or even a citizens arrest (which would include a level of deprivation of liberty ie restraint as police are called).

Pursuit and punishment by one's self is pretty much Mad Max territory, and the fact that it is legally and (generally) unacceptable is what keeps us from having to live in personal fortresses (oh, and insurance helps).

There are a few things that would cause me personally to ignore such laws and conventions, but they would be unlikely to involve a shit trail bike or quad and more an immediate threat to family or home; but that's just me, and I would likewise have to let justice as it stands to judge my behaviour after the fact.

edit: I could then come here and wish them cancer and call anyone who disagreed a softcock and my chest hair and beard would then choke me with my own alpha-maleness .
    I can only guess you have taken the law into your hands ...at some stage...and come off second best..

Crackheads aside--I will always confront people on my property....bar none.. FFS I confront people in the street I live in....Gently of course... we all expect manners at all times.

At night is a different story-- 1) benefit of the doubt
    2) Tolerance of pissed cuntz
    3) I hear you breathing near my possessions.. 1800 fukyoucunt..(crimestoppers)
    4) you touch my shit...( and if I'm angry and concious) Look the fuk out ---Yeh call cops...I cbf chasin' fukkerz anymore...and don't make myself a target.

Having said that ....I do enjoy a vendetta ...just as much as everyone else does.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Words of advice for vigilantes.

1. When dispensing "justice" to someone on your property, be aware they usually are not by themselves. Watch out for the dude in the shadow with the screwdriver.
    2. They now know where you live so hope they and their cohorts do not have a highly developed sense of revenge.
    3. You do not know who you are dealing with. No matter how bad a mofo you are or how big your gun is, there is always some meaner fucker out there.
    4. May be one thing to beat up a fifteen year old but see item 2.
    5. They usually have fuck all to lose.

These are not meant to stop you just take heed of the advice and be aware if you take 'em on. Also remember to lie to the Police when they come.

Hang on, that makes you a criminal and open for vigilante justice.

Yes I caught a well dressed indigenous fella trying to start my ute at 04:00 one morning. I dragged him out and slung him across the lawn while bellowing at him. I realised he was inebriated and disagreed with his reasons for wanting to acquire my vehicle. I told him I don't hit drunks, it is a family honour thing, but that if I saw him out and about we would have words. He saw me before I saw him a month later and crossed the road before we met up.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Ryanoceros, Skut, mekon liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 R1
    Liked
    2246 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Words of advice for vigilantes.

1. When dispensing "justice" to someone on your property, be aware they usually are not by themselves. Watch out for the dude in the shadow with the screwdriver.
    2. They now know where you live so hope they and their cohorts do not have a highly developed sense of revenge.
    3. You do not know who you are dealing with. No matter how bad a mofo you are or how big your gun is, there is always some meaner fucker out there.
    4. May be one thing to beat up a fifteen year old but see item 2.
    5. They usually have fuck all to lose.

These are not meant to stop you just take heed of the advice and be aware if you take 'em on. Also remember to lie to the Police when they come.

Hang on, that makes you a criminal and open for vigilante justice.

Yes I caught a well dressed indigenous fella trying to start my ute at 04:00 one morning. I dragged him out and slung him across the lawn while bellowing at him. I realised he was inebriated and disagreed with his reasons for wanting to acquire my vehicle. I told him I don't hit drunks, it is a family honour thing, but that if I saw him out and about we would have words. He saw me before I saw him a month later and crossed the road before we met up.
    I thought this is why you're meant to sit anxiously in your house, lights off, night vision goggles on and suppressed .22 sitting in your hand. The hunt cams trigger. You sneak out and around your prey. "Shink, Shink" goes the slide. One down, "Shink" two down and repeat until all are finished. Then copious bleach on scene and very careful and thorough disposal elsewhere. Preferably through a heavy industrial process involving borrowed access to an incinerator or crematorium.
    Fuck that, I'll pretend to be asleep and let my wife deal with them.
    Last edited by mekon; 24-07-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abuse this View Post
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.
    Likes Gim, Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^SSOOO MUCH....THIS^^^

Til you can't stand it any longer. and act.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remembered another one.

Went for a midnight pee and going back to bed saw a torch through the car window out on the front verge.

Quietly crept out the front door and yelled "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!!!?" Heard "Fuck" as one shot out from the driveway on a pushie on my right, the bloke out the front was on the gravel verge and was spinning his wheels furiously also saying "Fuck, fuck, fuck" as he finally got traction and off they went up the road.

If they had bothered to look over they would have seen me on the ground pissing myself. Couldn't get to sleep for ages due to uncontrollable giggling.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes GTSam liked this post

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One night some years ago, quite inebriated, I suddenly remember I have failed to lock my car. When I walk outside my house keys in hand, there is a tall man standing in my driveway, and another in my carport with his head stuck through the open window of my car, shoes off.

I walk past the tall man towards my car, asking him "how ya going" , and as I get near the drivers door the other guy just stands up and steps back, looking at me.

I open the door and scoot past him to sit down, fit the club lock, wind the windows up and lock the car, wishing them both a good night as I walk back inside. Thought nothing more of it as I continued drinking inside lol.

Next day, presuming it all a dream, I check the car which is still there, and near the front of the car port are an old pair of Dunlop S-26's, which confirmed the events were in fact real.

After a week of waiting for the shoes to be collected, I threw them in the bin. Friends say my "brazen approach" was what prevented trouble as they could easily have taken me for the keys. I think they were just as shocked and humoured as I was lol.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did the tall man look like this?

no urge to kill innocent people after the encounter? :-)
    Hoonaholics Garage
    Likes GTSam liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In following up for insurance to cover the plumbing repairs after the pipes were stolen, it turns out that we have to apply under FOI in order to get the report about a theft on our property.

WTF?!

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    In following up for insurance to cover the plumbing repairs after the pipes were stolen, it turns out that we have to apply under FOI in order to get the report about a theft on our property.

WTF?!
    Police should have given you a report number at the time of the incident. Call the the local coppers.

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Police should have given you a report number at the time of the incident. Call the the local coppers.
    I did - they referred me to FOI - I applied, and been informed that it will probably be refused as the matter is still under investigation.... :/

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only ever needed the number?

Not the whole report.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    back when my bikes (DRZ which we got back and YZ250 that never came home) got stolen all i needed was the police report number & a photo, didnt even require the vin # which i had lost the orginal paper work & never bothered to write down as it was always D Locked in my shed and figured it would never get stolen.. how wrong i was lol
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They give the report number to the person making the report. Which sounds like the taxi driver and possibly the managing agent. That's my guess as to why you need FOI.