MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My girlfriend ended up in hospital in Bali after having her drink spiked. I paid $1000 upfront at the hospital but got the money from the insurance company pretty quick with no hassle.

A few years ago I was in Switzerland with my brother skiing when his snowboard got tangled in a chairlift and he was dragged resulting in a broken arm. By the time things were finalised it was about a $15,000 bill (ski rescue, ambulance, hospital). Insurance company paid out within a day.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    My girlfriend ended up in hospital in Bali after having her drink spiked. I paid $1000 upfront at the hospital but got the money from the insurance company pretty quick with no hassle.

A few years ago I was in Switzerland with my brother skiing when his snowboard got tangled in a chairlift and he was dragged resulting in a broken arm. By the time things were finalised it was about a $15,000 bill (ski rescue, ambulance, hospital). Insurance company paid out within a day.
    Can you drop the name of this company?

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    Can you drop the name of this company?
    They were both whichever pamphlet the travel agent had on her desk at the time. This is going back 7/8 years now.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ok. I am actually trying to buy travel insurance today so I'll keep looking

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've gone with RAC the last couple of years as we both have breakdown, house and car insurance with them so get a discount
    They were great 2 years ago, I got a bug and was bed ridden for 3 days spewing & shitting , no food and drinking only PowerAde and eventually had to call the hotel Dr who came to see me in the room.
    He then prescribed a bunch of medications which got me right in a couple of days When we got back it was just a matter of sending a receipt of the Dr's bill and they deposited the money in our account within a day or so
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to delve into the fine print if you plan on riding a motorcycle. Travelling to the US, one lot of insurance fine print noted that if you had a license for that class of motorcycle you were covered (HBF I think). Next trip I went with the travel insurance that came on the credit card (ANZ Travel Rewards I think) and it was restricted to 250 and under.
    -

Motorbike
    taken it back olí school SRAD yeah boi
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done IT department, After 18 months or so of progressively "securing" my laptop against unwanted "intrusion", they've locked it up so much that not even I can use it.

And then when the replacement gets here apparently I have to deploy all the corporate software myself

Lesson: Never let the sales or service business get in the way of a good corporate IT policy.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reg/rectifier blew so we order ex-Eastern States after getting no love locally. Shipping 2-3 days and way less than the shops quoted.
    The day it's due we check tracking and AusPost have slapped a week on top with no explantation. Grrr.

Every shop we spoke to said "yeah, common problem on those". Not common enough to stock the parts it seems!!
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post
    Reg/rectifier blew so we order ex-Eastern States after getting no love locally. Shipping 2-3 days and way less than the shops quoted.
    The day it's due we check tracking and AusPost have slapped a week on top with no explantation. Grrr.

Every shop we spoke to said "yeah, common problem on those". Not common enough to stock the parts it seems!!
    Put a Yammie R1 one on my VTR ages ago and never had an issue again.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post

I feel for you mate Been trying to sort out a charging issue on my BB since last year, she'd run for about 20 mins and then all the gauges would start going haywire

Replaced the battery, no change, replaced the R/R which Gills had to get from over east although in my case it came in a day and a half

Unfortunately it still didn't solve the issue so changed the stator out for an Electrosport unit which I thought had solved the problem but no

Got Derek Ball around Wednesday who did lots of tests but still couldn't find anything amiss except there wasn't any charge getting to the battery
    Connected up a known good R/R straight to the battery rather than through the loom which worked which he figured was because my R/R was shot again

Anyway he ordered another upgraded R/R and came around this morning to wire it in Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem, he ended up tracking it back to a corroded/melted starter switch (probably melted by the old stator) which was allowing voltage to the R/R but not through to the battery so had overheated the R/R plug and killed the new R/R

Thankfully he managed to figure it out and rewired the switch and R/R plug which sorted the issues, not a cheap exercise but at least my Bird is running again

Now just need to finish putting the tail cowl and all the pannier racking back on so I can go for a ride

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Likes CbrRider81, Heretic liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does picture 2 look like the wrong part?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Not sure, in what way wrong? That's the original plug & wires from the loom to the R/R, it should be clear but has gone yellow/black from the heat and the cable shielding has got hot and cracked

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Para045 that sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully the diagnosis is correct and a replacement RR and fuse sorts it...once I find the RR haha
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't match the original "pattern" on the frame and only has one set screw holding it in?

At least it has some decent surface area (fins) for heat dispersal.

My original looked like this;

The R1 item looks like this;

I had to move the indicator relay but I set it up to align the fins so it got maximum air flow over it.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah! you're counting up from the bottom or can only see some of the 5 pics

Doesn't match the original "pattern" on the frame and only has one set screw holding it in?

At least it has some decent surface area (fins) for heat dispersal.

My original looked like this;

Yep my original was exactly the same as yours, I replaced it initially about 12 years ago (@ ~35 000km's) not long after I got the bike
    The replacement unit I put on then and again last year was OEM Honda but a supposedly upgraded unit similar to what the later FI BB's had (except they have wires on them and a male plug) was a similar shape to the new one just bigger (as per the white outline)

The R1 item looks like this;

I had to move the indicator relay but I set it up to align the fins so it got maximum air flow over it.
    Yeah a lot of guys in the US use the R1 R/R as a replacement because they are a lot cheaper Derek talked to a company called Custom Bike Electrics And Restorations in Willeton that he apparently deals with and this is supposedly an upgraded R/R over the OEM

I really have no idea what the difference between them all is, I tried looking on the Shindengen site and it's vague as fuck and doesn't seem to list either of them

I'm just glad it seems to be running now, just gotta get the tail back on and ride it

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need an upgrade upgrade.... diode based R/R are old tech.

Google this.. FH012AA Mosfet. R/R $45 free freight Fleabay....( it's a kit wiring plugs maxi-fuse ) .you know you want to.

To keep below 14.5v on diode based... run voltage sense wire to battery..

.( Green if on harness ?) not to ignition wiring.. 'cause it will sense the voltage drop through the harness..and regulate High...

If you run a lithium battery this is a must.. they hate above 14.5v input voltage...yet are OK with up to 5A intermittent feed current..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mosfet [ metal-oxide-semiconductor field-effect transistor ] is the shit......

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    You need an upgrade upgrade.... diode based R/R are old tech.

Google this.. FH012AA Mosfet. R/R $45 free freight Fleabay....( it's a kit wiring plugs maxi-fuse ) .you know you want to.
    Yeah DB did mention Mosfet R/R's and I know a lot of guys on various BB and VFR forums have mentioned them, he said he could have put one on but said they are quite a bit more expensive (for genuine ones not dodgy Chinese crap) and while they are better from an R/R POV they are harder on the stator as the stator is running at full output all the time

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Full output all the time''.. wtf?

Output increases with RPM...

Even so it is designed to run at full output sometime...at above 3000 rpm isn't uncommon.

All the R/R is ..well it's a choke..that sorts a oscillating output AC into a Direct current flow. ( and uses the excess current to supply when demand increases with lighting and engine loads...)

Mate....[mate] ....cheap chinese crap????? are you on the pipe again..? Shinegin R/R are designed in Japan.

Note hostile and agressive response..? Fukin opinions.....everyones... got one.

The Same R/R mosfet is made by the same manufacturer the world over....And can cost between $45 aud To 175 Pounds..+ freight from the land of Pom

all depends on the cunt that sells 'em.... and don't take my word for it.....No I mean it....don't.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    'Full output all the time''.. wtf?

Output increases with RPM...

Even so it is designed to run at full output sometime...at above 3000 rpm isn't uncommon.

All the R/R is ..well it's a choke..that sorts a oscillating output AC into a Direct current flow. ( and uses the excess current to supply when demand increases with lighting and engine loads...)

Mate....[mate] ....cheap chinese crap????? are you on the pipe again..? Shinegin R/R are designed in Japan.

Note hostile and agressive response..? Fukin opinions.....everyones... got one.

The Same R/R mosfet is made by the same manufacturer the world over....And can cost between $45 aud To 175 Pounds..+ freight from the land of Pom

all depends on the cunt that sells 'em.... and don't take my word for it.....No I mean it....don't.
    Not sure what exactly what he was getting at TBH, I'm not great with elektrickery, especially vehicle stuff Maybe I got his explanation wrong somehow

As far as the Mosfet R/R's go I read on a few sites that there were Chinese copies being sold on eBay as genuine Shindengen but weren't

Here is one

ROADSTERCYCLE.COM
    Guys beware of fake FH020AA and FH012AA R/Rs sold on Ebay and Amazon. Here is my youtube video link that shows what a real FH020AA, and SH847 really look like. Compare my real Shindengen R/Rs to the ones you find and make sure they are real. Don't get ripped off and end up buying twice. Also real FH012AA Mosfets have not been available since right after the Japan Earthquake in 2011. So if anyone says they are selling them as new, they are fake. Below is a link to my YouTube video showing and describing the real Shindengen regulators. FH020AA-SH775-SH847.