User Tag List

Page 352 of 358 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 7157

Thread: Barfy's thread for 'getting it off your chest' v2.0

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why people can't see that when a lawyer is involved they may win a smaller share after paying for their lawyers lifestyle is one of life's mysteries.

Lawyers are making a "killing" finding long lost claimants as my daughter from previous marriage found days before they were to be given her mother in laws house. These lawyers are now classed in the same "do not enter my house" status as family law lawyers. They are not permitted to share our hospitality.

I can see potential issues from one family member who is being difficult now. We have given this person equal share in the wil to try and prevent a challenge. This is against my natural instincts to give nothing. Other members have just said go and spent the lot we don't want a fight.

Anyway seven weeks ago we did up a will thinking we had covered most things, drove down the road beginning a long caravan journey. We looked behind, then looked at each other and said. "We forgot to include the caravan"!

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True story , about wills and a good sense of humor (all be it evil )
    Oil field family, dad done very well.
    ex wife grown up kids grown up ,
    grand son with Asperger
    Current wife = trophy class ,
    the ex and trophy hate each other.
    ex wife and trophy class both executors of the will , of which is substantial and all left to Asperger grand son with the wife and the ex to sort it.
    took about 8 years for the dust to settle ,
    lawyers ate much of the money , Asperger grand son in the end done OK, not fantastic but he has a roof over his head for life .
    I love his twisted mind ,
    BRAVO
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Word of advice - don't count on family not being arseholes when money is involved.

Don't let me get started about what is going on with one side of the family two years after a mother's death. It's messy, it's nasty, and a bunch of lawyers get to drag things out to make money.

Nail it down early before greedy cunts get to go full cunce (I think you have invented a new plural noun) and cunce is far nicer on the tongue... oh dear.
    My Uncle died without a Will and his father (my grandfather) made my Dad the Executor of the Estate. There was no squabbling or infighting between family members (like I say our family is pretty damned civilised when I think about it) and we accepted what we were given – we didn’t question the amount, nor how it was arrived at.

Sorting out the Estate went on for years. Given my Uncle had not stipulated where the proceeds of his Estate was to go, apparently my Dad had to, despite my Uncle’s brother (Malcolm) being dead for >10 years, deposit some money into Malcolm's Estate and then ensure that money went to the two beneficiaries of the Estate. Obviously there must be guidelines/requirements in the absence of a Will for this having to happen? If he’d had a Will he could have stipulated where the money went.
    Last edited by Kristy; 15-05-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post
    Para045 that sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully the diagnosis is correct and a replacement RR and fuse sorts it...once I find the RR haha
    Well, that didn't go well. Finally got the part so last night pulled the tank to access the RR, to find a different looking one to our genuine one. Pics sent, DB calls back and OK's the part. I proceed.

2 odd hours later finally have the old RR off (need better tools!), but have male to male connection from loom to new RR which doesn't connect. Previous owner must have changed wiring to accomodate the RR they used. Also used a 10a fuse (blown) where the 30a main fuse goes. Grrr.

Derek got the call to come sort it.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that didn't go well. Finally got the part so last night pulled the tank to access the RR, to find a different looking one to our genuine one. Pics sent, DB calls back and OK's the part. I proceed.

2 odd hours later finally have the old RR off (need better tools!), but have male to male connection from loom to new RR which doesn't connect. Previous owner must have changed wiring to accomodate the RR they used. Also used a 10a fuse (blown) where the 30a main fuse goes. Grrr.

Derek got the call to come sort it.
    He did a great job with mine, I've ridden it twice in the last few days and all good so far
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    He did a great job with mine, I've ridden it twice in the last few days and all good so far
    Yeah I reckon he'll sort it when he gets out here. Glad to hear yours is good so far, electrics can be fickle.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Sour.. let us know what DB finds eh..? I am very curious.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Word of advice - don't count on family not being arseholes when money is involved.

Don't let me get started about what is going on with one side of the family two years after a mother's death. It's messy, it's nasty, and a bunch of lawyers get to drag things out to make money.

Nail it down early before greedy cunts get to go full cunce (I think you have invented a new plural noun) and cunce is far nicer on the tongue... oh dear.
    110% money creates problems......

I have a millionaire grandparent and sadly his family can’t wait for him to die to get a hold of his money, made obvious at his wifes birthday dinner.

Then there’s me and my siblings we are expecting nothing when the old man passes, received nothing/no support for decades so not much will change money or no money. Make it on your own his old man was (grand dad), which is why the extended family is bunch of c*nts to each other/hypocrites.

Dads new wife is pretty much white version of rose porteous, she has said infront of everyone that we will receive nothing (dad just sat there drinking himself stupid), she makes up stories to go along with it like grandparents passed away and the old man got nothing so will you when in fact the siblings each got 3K.

No surprises been a sponge her whole life
    Doesn’t want any of us around either, she wouldn’t let me in last time I dropped off mail.

People = c*nts

Last edited by Halo_2; 27-05-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Hey Sour.. let us know what DB finds eh..? I am very curious.
    RR was stuffed. Was for a Kawasaki so previous owners changed the wiring to suit.
    DB snipped the male connector going to the old RR off, wired/soldered terminals to suit the one we bought, connected it up, installed RR, tested charge.
    Bikes running, happy rider
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RR was stuffed. Was for a Kawasaki so previous owners changed the wiring to suit.
    DB snipped the male connector going to the old RR off, wired/soldered terminals to suit the one we bought, connected it up, installed RR, tested charge.
    Bikes running, happy rider
    Sounds a bit like with mine He had to cut the old overheated R/R plug off and use spade terminals to connect new R/R and also on melted starter switch
    Did the job though, I've ridden her 3 times now and started it a dozen times and no issues
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I return to work today after having had all of last week off sick. Fuck me, the office is a hive of sickness (which is no doubt where I got it from). For fucks sake, just stay the fuck home while you're excreting bodily fluids and associated bugs from your fucking face, circulating them through the air con and contaminating surfaces.

Also, driving home, on the back of a bus, I see an advertisement from Hoyts and the fact they now have reclining seats. Jeebus, I thought it was finally getting to the point on planes where out of courtesy, it is no longer really cool to recline seats... now we have them in cinemas. I bet they haven't provided any more room between the rows of seats.

Hmm, the core of both posts are about courtesy. Inconsiderate feckers make Kristy go something something.

/Tanty finished.

Motorbike
    An invisible one
    Liked
    278 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    So I return to work today after having had all of last week off sick. Fuck me, the office is a hive of sickness (which is no doubt where I got it from). For fucks sake, just stay the fuck home while you're excreting bodily fluids and associated bugs from your fucking face, circulating them through the air con and contaminating surfaces.

Also, driving home, on the back of a bus, I see an advertisement from Hoyts and the fact they now have reclining seats. Jeebus, I thought it was finally getting to the point on planes where out of courtesy, it is no longer really cool to recline seats... now we have them in cinemas. I bet they haven't provided any more room between the rows of seats.

Hmm, the core of both posts are about courtesy. Inconsiderate feckers make Kristy go something something.

/Tanty finished.
    Millenium cinema in freo is all reclining seats, has been for a while, with a low wall between each row so you don't even notice the seat infront whether its reclined or not, and all tix are $15 too!!
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Belmont cinemas have em, also 15 bucks, also heaps of room to not annoy other people.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/
    Likes Skut, timmay liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QBE Motorcycle Insurance.

Agreed value. They proceed to drop the agreed value, on account of depreciation.
    Check online, bikes asking same money with less mods than mine, so worst case bike is written off I can't replace it without spending ~$2k on parts.

What's the point of agreed value, if it is not agreed. I'm happy to pay the premium for my agreed value, not one you fuck around with and change as you see fit to suit yourself.

I wish Shannons was competitive with motorcycles, once they are I'll move across.
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post

Agreed value. They proceed to drop the agreed value, on account of depreciation.
    Check online, bikes asking same money with less mods than mine, so worst case bike is written off I can't replace it without spending ~$2k on parts.

What's the point of agreed value, if it is not agreed. I'm happy to pay the premium for my agreed value, not one you fuck around with and change as you see fit to suit yourself.

I wish Shannons was competitive with motorcycles, once they are I'll move across.
    Shannons does the same thing WRT agreed value. It’s like they have their own interpretation of what it means.

Motorbike
    Yamaha R15
    Liked
    2997 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or the fact I get sent my new policy each year, and my vehicles are insured for less but my premiums are more...

When I call and inquire I am told it is because the cost of insurance is increasing.... no shit.

Motorbike
    Ducati 899 Panigale, Honda CBR250RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post

It's an agreed value, if you don't agree then change it.
    Just call them and increase the value back to where you think it should be. They'll increase the premium a bit and problem solved.

What I hate is when they change it from 'agreed value' to 'market value' when it comes up for renewal without highlighting it.
    Market value is not what you want, ever. Market value is not your friend. Market value will get you raped.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekon
    Why are pirates called pirates?
    Because they Arrrrrr

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnork View Post
    Shannons does the same thing WRT agreed value. It’s like they have their own interpretation of what it means.
    Shannons hasn't changed my agreed value on the Supra in 7 years, and increased it upon my request with an option to increase it further (which I'll attempt shortly). Agreed should be agreed, end of. If I wanted the value to change every year, its no longer "agreed."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    It's an agreed value, if you don't agree then change it.
    Just call them and increase the value back to where you think it should be. They'll increase the premium a bit and problem solved.

What I hate is when they change it from 'agreed value' to 'market value' when it comes up for renewal without highlighting it.
    Market value is not what you want, ever. Market value is not your friend. Market value will get you raped.
    They won't. Had to list additional modifications to increase it by $1k (which when they forwarded the updated policy they still got shit wrong). $12k is the absolute max, regardless of any modifications. If I add additional value to the bike, they still won't budge from $12k.

Market value got me a $4k payout on a $2k 250cc when it was written off... can't be that bad?
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ring Swann every year and tell them to increase the value by $1k when it gets depreciated annually.

Keeps it around the $5k mark. Tell them it is in good nick and has low kms for the age of it.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm part of a fan club going to court as spectators for someone facing a heap of historical child sex abuse charges.

For the memory of someone now dead which I'm pretty sure this stuff largely contributed to.

Third time now he's a no show with the consent of the Prosecutor.

First two times he pulled sickies, we don't know why this time. Seems these creepy KF's know what to do.

They network, get the right lawyers weasel out of it if possible and hope the mental pressure on the witnesses works.

Charged, not in custody, no bail hearing yet and out and about. WTF?

Bet $5 that poor woman in remand on video link at bandyup would like to know how they do it. Pot cultivation charge and been there over a year.

It does get you down but the thought of him having to meet his fans in and out of court one day is something we are all very much looking forward to.

We know he'll be surprised!
    We have a gene for gossip.
    We have a gene for superstition.
    We have a gene for jumping to conclusions and making fools of ourselves
    but we have no gene for science.
    Michio Kaka on "Buttpower"