The last couple of years has seen PSB slow down a little, for many different reasons.
Rather than just bitch about what has happened in the past and all the "when I was" posts, we'd like to know if and what everyone would like PSB to be for them in the future.
The intent of this thread isn't a nominal "engage with the masses" post, it will be used as a reference point to try and improve the forum, support all forms of motorcycling within WA, and improve community and industry engagement into the future.
I know that for PSB once the OP is up that the threads can go anywhere, but could I ask that the merit of a particular suggestion not be discussed within this thread? Once the suggestions are gathered, seperate threads will be created for further feedback and discussion as to the merits of different suggestions.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't mention something that's been posted previously, I'm just asking that the pro's and con's not be part of this thread for ease of tracking and compiling the suggestions...
Based on this, some of the posts have been archived for addition to future threads.
Also at this stage assume that there is going to be someone interested and actively on the forum to drive all these changes...
Now is your chance to have your say.
Edit: What do I want PSB to be?
The premier streetbike forum in WA, by being an extensive online resource of information and experience to help you find, build, create, or be referred to those that can help you work on your bike, a resource of like minded enthusiasts who want to go for rides, be a shadow for new riders, and provide a place to be support fellow motorcyclists as they go through the highs and lows of life, be that provide a reason for them to laugh, talk shit, or broaden their horizons, or discuss and recommend ways to find help in their personal struggles that they don't necessarily want to discuss with friends and family.
How I am going to try and help drive that?
- Provide a stable forum that is open to all members, with a moderator team that is almost invisible in its ability to keep personality clashes, elitism etc off the forum and provide a safe place for people to post even the most basic of questions without fear of being ridiculed without reason.
- Run different PSB events across the year to try and bring back the personal relationships between forum members, rather just the online personalities. Also bring back fundraising activities in association with existing charity groups to give back to the wider community.
- Bring back the PSB merchandise, to re-establish the PSB brand identity, and allow members to break down that initial barrier in recognising and respecting fellow motorcyclists when on the road, in the shopping centre, meeting up for rides etc.
- A PSB supporter system that actually gives members more the a cup of cement, gives them a feeling of pride by being a member of the forum, and rather than a sense of entitlement, provides a clear avenue to get some basic discounts to motorcycle products (and services?) in the Perth Motorcycle business community, and from there allow members to develop individual relationships with those businesses.
- A Corporate sponsorship/advertising system that gives businesses the ability to either actively be involved in the forum to advertise/engage the PSB audience or passively advertise their business to an active member base, with the intent to offer reduced advertising costs if they supply discount packages for those who are supporters of PSB. Provide a similar service in a way that is actually worth the cost to other non-motorcycle related businesses who wish to be involved with the PSB community.
- 3-5 years down the track, I'd like to be able to open up the PSB cafe at an ideal location to provide a place to meet/starting point for rides, point to drop by and talk about bikes, host events, provide a workspace for those that don't have the tools or space themselves, and really engage with the motorcycling community beyond the online forum.