Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 66 View Post
    Curious... I assume the rights to use the PSB logo went to Tim also?

I just noticed the top left of my screen is lacking the PSB logo, though perhaps I just hadn't seen this before.
    thats because you went east , no longer a PSB true blood
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y u do dis to me shan

Deej, congrats on what you built here. If anyone can revive this it's Tim.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Motorbike
    Vespa PX200
    Liked
    22 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Thanks for the time deej , you created a monster that we love.

as for your choice of Tim
    couldn't think of any better man woman or child .
    he loves the Piaggio platforme
    he will own a Vespa (i hope )
    extremely passionate about Scooters
    a good bloke and all too.

Long live the TIM
    This friendly announcement was brought to you by WAPOL
    Taking peoples Cash for their Christmas Fund on Straight pieces of road

Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deej View Post
    Dear most awesome people of PSB.

For those of you that know me, long time no see, trust you are all well. For those of you that donít know me, hi!, Iím the guy that created this place.

It is no secret Iíve been a busy guy with interests outside of PSB (work, family, non-bike related interests) keeping me away from the forum for quite some time. I do feel this lack of attention is unfair on you as a user, and the staff/moderation team. I have to apologise for this. I have been feeling the guilt for quite some time however I have not been clear in my own mind on how best deal with this matter, until last week.

I have to say, even without my attention, the forum continues to run effectively and this is entirely due to the Staff & Moderators, old and new, who continue the largely thankless task of running this place and dealing with any immediate issues that arise. The result of all of their efforts is greater than the sum of the individual parts and goes to show, really, Iím largely redundant.

There is no hiding however that PSB has been in limbo, or I guess more a state of equilibrium, for quite some time without someone at the helm driving the improvements that are required to keep forums and communities growing and keeping up with the times. I think this is unfair on the community and needs to be fixed so it can return back to its previous path of constant evolution and improvements where we all strived to make PSB more entraining, enjoyable, and useful for all of you to enjoy for your bike related....and non bike related, fix (mmm boobies).

Simply, as much as I have an enormous emotional attachment to PSB and allot of time and grief equity invested in it, it really is time the effective ownership of the forum gets transferred to someone new for my own peace of mind and for the betterment of the forum community as a whole.

There are many ways the effective Ďownershipí of a forum can be structured, but in considering the most effective way for the future PSB to be managed going forward, I have always thought the Benevolent Dictatorship to be the most effective. Having one person with Ďthe power of vetoí helps the forum and staff avoid politics and bullshit that plagues so many associations and partnerships, something which is vital when you have a place run entirely by volunteers.

It is also important that the Benevolent Dictator is passionate about bikes (obviously), is actively involved in the community, is well connected with key bike industry stakeholders, has a stable and consistent personality, and is someone that is respected by existing moderators and forum users. It is also vital that this someone understands PSBís pre and post Perth Extreme African Violet Growers Association era which will forever be intrinsically embedded in PSBís DNA.

Not an easy pick when you consider all of these things.

So, in considering the above, I am very happy to advise that today I transferred the majority ownership of PSB to BlackFZR (Tim) for nil consideration. Tim is all of those things I have listed above, and more, and is passionate about the community wellbeing and getting PSB back on a path of evolution.

What can you do to help BlackFZR?

Firstly, you can help by offering him help when he asks for it to assist with the improvements that are to come. But also you can help by paying money to support PSB. Becoming a PSB supporter helps give Tim the budget to spend on the fixes and improvements that will be needed going forward for the betterment of this forum. He is inheriting a Pty Ltd company that owns a forum that has never in its history distributed a cent, always reinvested in itself, and has very little revenue with fixed expenses to match. It is basically revenue natural which gives no room for improvement without your financial help. Please support PSB today so that it sends Tim a clear message that you want these improvements to happen and you want this very moment to be an inflection point for PSBís future growth.

If you support Tim as you have all supported me and the other Staff & Moderators for the past 12 years, PSB will continue to be most awesome place to hang, and most importantly...give you the opportunity to have an instant relationship with someone you bump into on a ride or in a bike bay.

I still look forward to participating in PSB when I can so I can still feel part of this place, but this time doing so without the responsibility and guilt that comes with my lengthy absences and lack of attention.

So, with that, thank you all for making PSB what it is, thank you for supporting me and providing me with great friendships over the years, many of which continued to be my close friends today.

With much luv and respect to you all.

Signing off

Deej
    not been on often but has been a great way to catch what is going on... Great work

Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIMN8R View Post
    Fixed
    I dont think we like each other

However Deej

imperialistic megalomaniac whom no longer rules the hallowed cyber land that is a place destined to ban mwa in 3 2 by
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much a newbie here so thanks Deej for setting PSB up.
    Tim good luck with the cat herding...is this you?

Motorbike
    My wife's Triumph
    Liked
    198 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we rag on Vinny now?

Motorbike
    white like a pearl
    Liked
    96 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Tim can do a decent job of keeping the various fuckwits, trolls and purple circles under control

Motorbike
    'Soul' for road, 'Screamer' for track
    Liked
    790 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perdition View Post
    Hopefully Tim can do a decent job of keeping the various fuckwits, trolls and purple circles under control
    And which one of those do you fall under?

Liked
    6583 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perdition View Post
    Without making PSB sterile.
    You always need a comedy option.

PSB Corporate Sponsor PREMIUM potato's Avatar
    your paint/scratched it/crashed it smash repair shop
    Motorbike
    rattly v-twins-love em
    Liked
    1127 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spina View Post
    And which one of those do you fall under?
    none, not that perdition needs speaking for

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Motorbike
    white like a pearl
    Liked
    96 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desmo potato 😎

Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the years of hard work that you have invested into creating this motorcycling community what it is today, Deej, and all the best with your pursuit of post PSB happiness. You have left us all in great hands with your excellent choice on the replacement Benevolent Dictator.

Wishing BlackFZR (Tim) all the best in creating a new direction for the PSB community and injecting new enthusiasm, which will no doubt ensure it's survival in a social media crazy world.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary --- it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

Motorbike
    Suzuki Bandit GSF250, 2010 Z1000 ABS, 2014 KTM Duke 390
    Liked
    423 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the great forum Deej, BlackFZR will get great support going into the future I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by boeman View Post
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o hai BlackFZR, since the upgrade work done last week my phone won't load PSB - says it "couldn't establish a secure connection". All other websites OK. Nerd advice suggests it's likely due to certificate ishoos?
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

- Milhouse Van Houten

Motorbike
    2014 R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    o hai BlackFZR, since the upgrade work done last week my phone won't load PSB - says it "couldn't establish a secure connection". All other websites OK. Nerd advice suggests it's likely due to certificate ishoos?
    I had the same issue using tapatalk on my phone, which I'm guessing you are too. I logged straight in via the Internet on my phone and then after that the app started working again. May help you, may not but it worked for me

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskee1 View Post
    I had the same issue using tapatalk on my phone, which I'm guessing you are too. I logged straight in via the Internet on my phone and then after that the app started working again. May help you, may not but it worked for me
    I'm accessing through the net, and always have. Have downloaded tapatalk but never used it.
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

- Milhouse Van Houten

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried for this first time just then Kristy, appeared to work ok. Let me try with a few other accounts I have access to...
    Sponsored by:

Aussiesportsbikegear.com.au, AARK Suspension & Tuning, YAMALUBE

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFZR View Post
    I tried for this first time just then Kristy, appeared to work ok. Let me try with a few other accounts I have access to...
    Thanks. Have had the issue before - probably about 18 months ago - it eventually started working without any phone updates etc. So not the first time. Noticed it last Friday morning after the Thursday night upgrades.

- Milhouse Van Houten

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried with the other accounts all at different level's, seems to work fine. Have you had a recent OS or browser app update on the phone?
    Sponsored by:

Aussiesportsbikegear.com.au, AARK Suspension & Tuning, YAMALUBE