634 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Future of PSB - Changing of the Guard

Dear most awesome people of PSB.

For those of you that know me, long time no see, trust you are all well. For those of you that donít know me, hi!, Iím the guy that created this place.

It is no secret Iíve been a busy guy with interests outside of PSB (work, family, non-bike related interests) keeping me away from the forum for quite some time. I do feel this lack of attention is unfair on you as a user, and the staff/moderation team. I have to apologise for this. I have been feeling the guilt for quite some time however I have not been clear in my own mind on how best deal with this matter, until last week.

I have to say, even without my attention, the forum continues to run effectively and this is entirely due to the Staff & Moderators, old and new, who continue the largely thankless task of running this place and dealing with any immediate issues that arise. The result of all of their efforts is greater than the sum of the individual parts and goes to show, really, Iím largely redundant.

There is no hiding however that PSB has been in limbo, or I guess more a state of equilibrium, for quite some time without someone at the helm driving the improvements that are required to keep forums and communities growing and keeping up with the times. I think this is unfair on the community and needs to be fixed so it can return back to its previous path of constant evolution and improvements where we all strived to make PSB more entraining, enjoyable, and useful for all of you to enjoy for your bike related....and non bike related, fix (mmm boobies).

Simply, as much as I have an enormous emotional attachment to PSB and allot of time and grief equity invested in it, it really is time the effective ownership of the forum gets transferred to someone new for my own peace of mind and for the betterment of the forum community as a whole.

There are many ways the effective Ďownershipí of a forum can be structured, but in considering the most effective way for the future PSB to be managed going forward, I have always thought the Benevolent Dictatorship to be the most effective. Having one person with Ďthe power of vetoí helps the forum and staff avoid politics and bullshit that plagues so many associations and partnerships, something which is vital when you have a place run entirely by volunteers.

It is also important that the Benevolent Dictator is passionate about bikes (obviously), is actively involved in the community, is well connected with key bike industry stakeholders, has a stable and consistent personality, and is someone that is respected by existing moderators and forum users. It is also vital that this someone understands PSBís pre and post Perth Extreme African Violet Growers Association era which will forever be intrinsically embedded in PSBís DNA.

Not an easy pick when you consider all of these things.

So, in considering the above, I am very happy to advise that today I transferred the majority ownership of PSB to BlackFZR (Tim) for nil consideration. Tim is all of those things I have listed above, and more, and is passionate about the community wellbeing and getting PSB back on a path of evolution.

What can you do to help BlackFZR?

Firstly, you can help by offering him help when he asks for it to assist with the improvements that are to come. But also you can help by paying money to support PSB. Becoming a PSB supporter helps give Tim the budget to spend on the fixes and improvements that will be needed going forward for the betterment of this forum. He is inheriting a Pty Ltd company that owns a forum that has never in its history distributed a cent, always reinvested in itself, and has very little revenue with fixed expenses to match. It is basically revenue natural which gives no room for improvement without your financial help. Please support PSB today so that it sends Tim a clear message that you want these improvements to happen and you want this very moment to be an inflection point for PSBís future growth.

If you support Tim as you have all supported me and the other Staff & Moderators for the past 12 years, PSB will continue to be most awesome place to hang, and most importantly...give you the opportunity to have an instant relationship with someone you bump into on a ride or in a bike bay.

I still look forward to participating in PSB when I can so I can still feel part of this place, but this time doing so without the responsibility and guilt that comes with my lengthy absences and lack of attention.

So, with that, thank you all for making PSB what it is, thank you for supporting me and providing me with great friendships over the years, many of which continued to be my close friends today.

With much luv and respect to you all.

Signing off

Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Motorbike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Liked
    368 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the first 12 years Deej.

I can't think of a better person to take on that Benevolent Dictator role than Tim. Good luck mate.
    Adventure before Dementia

Motorbike
    Z1000
    Liked
    110 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The King is Dead! All hail the king!

Never met you Deej, you were a man of myth for me and im sure many after. But id like to say thank you for creating this place, a home away from home for me. Ive met some real characters here, and its always been a go-to place for general bike related chin wag... Im looking forward to seeign the changes that Tims new leadership role will afford.

heres to the next 12 years of PSB!

Motorbike
    Ducati 998, Ducati 900SS, Ducati 1098R, CBR1000RR Track, XR600
    Liked
    200 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good choice For new leader.

Motorbike
    2015 Daytona 675RABS, 2006 CRF450X (Rtd), 2013 Nuda 900RABS (Ret), 2014 Street Triple 660ABS (Ret)
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deej View Post
    But also you can help by paying money to support PSB. Becoming a PSB supporter helps give Tim the budget to spend on the fixes and improvements that will be needed going forward for the betterment of this forum. Deej
    54140 members atm but how many even paid the 25/= PSB Supporter fee? IMHO going forward this should be a compulsory fee.

Thanks for creating this forum Deej. Tim, all the best for the next 12 years.

Motorbike
    CBR 1000 2007 REPSOL
    Liked
    203 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good on you Deej and YaY for Tim I plan on being here for some time and supporting where I can

Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that Deej isn't in charge, I can say what I really think of him!

erm, he's a bit of a champ, good to his friends and a brilliant family man.
    Take that, jerk!

And yes, Tim's head is so level you can use it to calibrate scientific instruments. Excellent choice, you have my full and unconditional support.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boo but yay...

Congrats Tim. If I can be of service just call out.

I know you won't be that far away Deej just minus the responsibility. Maybe you'll get to start enjoying riding again
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Motorbike
    Red Triple
    Liked
    78 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Much much thanks to both gents, and the psb crew.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my past year on psb, and looking forward to many more.
    I've learnt a great deal about bikes and bike riding, amongst other things both through the forum and off the forum via psb members.

Couldn't have been the rider I am today without psb.
    *bow*
    look where you want to go~

Liked
    269 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one welcome our new insect overlords....
    euphoric, ZRX1200R

Motorbike
    Few different breeds
    Liked
    207 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The success of this site and how much it has helped so many is a real credit to you Deej, thank you. Good luck in your new role Tim.

Motorbike
    stealth busa
    Liked
    343 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Deej
    You built it and they came
    It appears some of us won't go away
    So I'm sure that says something
    Note: this may not be the universe where the above is relevant.

Motorbike
    Thruxton 2010 SE, CBR600RR Trackie (ex-Aaiden)
    Liked
    1027 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Supreme Leader?

I thought this all worked by itself.

Just Jokes, I have met Deej in fact I donated a laptop to help this site run.......... OK it doesn't run ON the laptop but it may have assisted in moderation (see what I did there).

Anyway good luck with 'whateva' you have planned in the future and PSB can count on continued support from me.

Where else can I crack my lame dad jokes and not get yelled at, certainly not at home.

Motorbike
    VFR1200X Crosstourer
    Liked
    335 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see you go Deej. I met you 11 years ago when the forum was at 300 members. It has been a great ride since then. You've bled for this place and your work will never be forgotten.
    You put the c*nt in country run

Motorbike
    CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    916 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Tim.

If you ever need help with mostly sarcastic, sometimes offensive meme-based humor don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks Deej for setting up the site. I've met some awesome people and even ridden a motorcycle with a couple of them.

Motorbike
    2007 R1
    Liked
    2246 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deej, no need to feel any guilt look what you've started. I miss a lot of people from the old guard. Times change. If anyone can bring new life for a new (and the old) crowd it will be Tim. Good choice and thanks Tim for taking it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abuse this View Post
    Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for popping back to take care of business Deej, if it's not your priority any more and you have other interests then all the best and hope you enjoy them 😊 something had to be done and you've stepped up and done it, don't lose any sleep over it.

And welcome to our new overlords long may you reign
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady7/8 View Post
    Maybe you'll get to start enjoying riding again
    Fixed
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much respect to both Deej and Tim. Change is part of life and nothing stays the same forever.
    ďHow people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.Ē

Liked
    94 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only viable choice there, Deej. Good work. Finally PSB is owned by someone who rides bikes