User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NINJA 300 proddy race bike (ASBK)

Motorbike
    GSX1400
    Liked
    746 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    ^^^so you say....^^^

If I have a 230kg 150 hp road bike.....
    That has taken me 15 yrs of on/off assembly.
    Would I check the weight distribution...before applying simple physics to bitumen?
    Yup.
    That is , of course, If That IS what I have....;-)
    Scales is the answer... then eh?

It seems the concentrated weight ( on tyre) at the scale...has had a detrimental effect ..( the ex wants new scales to replace the ones I crushed)on said scales....oops. ;-)
    Where might I find some scales that won't fail as I ride onto them...?
    Could always do one wheel at a time on the scales at barbs.

Otherwise it can be done with scales and solid board supported by something at the other end. Put a wheel on half way and the scales should read half the weight. Most scales should cope with that.

Really when your talking a 230kg bike that I assume could carry a pillion when it was originally designed whatever you have removed is probably going to make very little difference to the weight balance or handling. I really wouldn't bother myself.
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm
    I've put a gsxr 1100 m rear end inc brakes n 17" wheel onto a gsx 1100 efe, front end is a deraked--fj 1200 yamaha with oem brake set.
    Motor is breathed on by Mick Liptrott....( frame adjustments by A guy in Ferntree Gully . Bob Martin Engineering)
    I am getting older by the day and this thing has only seen a 200m test run..... before I put on Dyna Ign...Dialled in Cams..( 10/10th's sydney) and gone with a set of gxsr 750 flatslides..( gonna run it in on oem)
    Motivation and distance from work is what is needed to finish this thing off.
    It's a budget build...ie; I had no money to start with....and have less now....
    I'm not being patronising---It will get done....I will ride it....
    Sooo... Thanks for your constructive comments... any help is a good thing...;-)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Hayabusa, zx6rr (TRACK), Ninja 300 proddy race bike x2
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few items started arriving over the Christmas break but Christmas is always such a busy period. Closing in on the finishing touches and almost all parts have arrived and/or been installed. Discussions with a couple of mates and (my sponsor www.brandsense.com.au ) about colour scheme, we have decided to move away from the Honda Repsol (HOONDA). With the manufacturing history we decided that the colours of the Japanese flag would be an appropriate choice (with a little mix ofcourse ), not to mention painting 2 colours will be a lot easier than 4 colours

Without somewhere to store and work on the race bikes none of this would be possible for me, so thanks 1098SF at BrandSense for supplying the "workshop" and "storage facilty".
    Stainless Steel Braided front brake lines arrived $70.69- really important to get as much out of these weak brakes as possible

Fairings were one of the last things ordered $650 and arrived quickly (even though it was during the Xmas break), I received them for a slight discount as I was purchasing a second set for a friend as well. Initial impressions were great, they look and feel solid, they have lots of re-enforcement in all of the important areas and appear to be great quality. As a bonus, they were purchased off a forum member badga who is extremely helpful and approachable and even has supplied quality oil for this and previous bikes at an insane price

I have heard a lot of people complain about the fitment of some fibreglass fairings, and have even spoken with other racers that have had to make HUGE modifications to the fairings to make them fit. I installed the tail fairing first- a perfect fit and took about 2mins to install, next was the main upper fairing- easy and straight forward install as well, took a little longer to install because more holes needed to be drilled for mounting points but installed without complication, the belly pan was next to install, it attached to the main fairing without issue but the mounting point on the left required a small modification. Fitment overall looks great, fibreglass seems thick, sturdy and still slightly flexible and I am very pleased with these fairings. (note that fibreglass fairings with never fit like oem)

I also purchased Dzus fasteners from badga for $20- definitely important for a race bike.

After drilling and fitting fairings, I can now start prepping the bikes for paint. There will be 4 bikes being painted in the same colour scheme (3x ninja 300's and 1x ninja 250), there will be a lot of hours in prepping these bikes for paint and don't expect to start painting for a couple of weeks but I have purchased the paint. 2 pack paint (red and white), hardener, thinners, general purpose thinners, primer/putty came to $560. This should paint all 4 bikes which works out to $140 per bike

There is not much left to do on this build now and currently the same setup as I used in the last race (minus the levers), so a race winning bike can be built for $2812.46
    Final "to do" list:
    levers (ordered $29.72)
    de-cat stock exhaust (I haven't sourced anyone to weld the exhaust back together yet)
    slip on muffler (I have this sitting in the shed left over from my last build $0)
    thicker steel for exhaust hanger ( <$5)
    Brake pads (note: I won a couple of races with worn stock pads last race round so these aren't necessary but definitely an advantage $99.95)
    PCV (note: I won a couple of races without one last race round so it isn't necessary but definitely an advantage ~$450)
    paint!!!
    Sponsor stickers (obviously very important and also free $0).

Costs:
    Ninja 300- $1295
    lock set- $200
    paint- $7.50
    Oil filter- $15
    Oil- $20
    Clipons- $44.70
    Rearsets- $154.97
    90 degree valves- $35
    Fork oil- $17
    tires- $470
    exhaust hanger- $2.80
    engine covers- $254.80
    SS braided lines- $70.69
    Fairings- $650
    dzus fasteners- $20
    Paint- $140
    Total: $2812.46
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300
    #25 ASBK production 400 & R3 Cup

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes Captain Caveman, Aufitt, BikeONE, badga liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spares, spares, and more spares...

Nice work.
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest or internet.

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    Spares, spares, and more spares...

Nice work.
    Agreed, spares are very important! One of the best things about racing (well atleast locally) is that almost everyone is on the same bike or a compatible machine, it is a really friendly and supportive class to race in. Whenever there is a crash there are 5+ people helping to get the bike back together for the next race and all the racers are happy to loan their spares to anyone who needs them (I've seen mufflers, rearsets and clipons borrowed- and that was just last race round ).
    Plus I'm not planning on crashing again lol
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes Towlybear liked this post

Motorbike
    Piece of Yamaha junk roadie, Ninja 300r Proddie Racer (555)
    Liked
    38 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VULGR View Post
    A few items started arriving over the Christmas break but Christmas is always such a busy period. Closing in on the finishing touches and almost all parts have arrived and/or been installed. Discussions with a couple of mates and (my sponsor www.brandsense.com.au ) about colour scheme, we have decided to move away from the Honda Repsol (HOONDA). With the manufacturing history we decided that the colours of the Japanese flag would be an appropriate choice (with a little mix ofcourse ), not to mention painting 2 colours will be a lot easier than 4 colours

Without somewhere to store and work on the race bikes none of this would be possible for me, so thanks 1098SF at BrandSense for supplying the "workshop" and "storage facilty".
    Stainless Steel Braided front brake lines arrived $70.69- really important to get as much out of these weak brakes as possible

Fairings were one of the last things ordered $650 and arrived quickly (even though it was during the Xmas break), I received them for a slight discount as I was purchasing a second set for a friend as well. Initial impressions were great, they look and feel solid, they have lots of re-enforcement in all of the important areas and appear to be great quality. As a bonus, they were purchased off a forum member badga who is extremely helpful and approachable and even has supplied quality oil for this and previous bikes at an insane price

I have heard a lot of people complain about the fitment of some fibreglass fairings, and have even spoken with other racers that have had to make HUGE modifications to the fairings to make them fit. I installed the tail fairing first- a perfect fit and took about 2mins to install, next was the main upper fairing- easy and straight forward install as well, took a little longer to install because more holes needed to be drilled for mounting points but installed without complication, the belly pan was next to install, it attached to the main fairing without issue but the mounting point on the left required a small modification. Fitment overall looks great, fibreglass seems thick, sturdy and still slightly flexible and I am very pleased with these fairings. (note that fibreglass fairings with never fit like oem)

I also purchased Dzus fasteners from badga for $20- definitely important for a race bike.

After drilling and fitting fairings, I can now start prepping the bikes for paint. There will be 4 bikes being painted in the same colour scheme (3x ninja 300's and 1x ninja 250), there will be a lot of hours in prepping these bikes for paint and don't expect to start painting for a couple of weeks but I have purchased the paint. 2 pack paint (red and white), hardener, thinners, general purpose thinners, primer/putty came to $560. This should paint all 4 bikes which works out to $140 per bike

There is not much left to do on this build now and currently the same setup as I used in the last race (minus the levers), so a race winning bike can be built for $2812.46
    Final "to do" list:
    levers (ordered $29.72)
    de-cat stock exhaust (I haven't sourced anyone to weld the exhaust back together yet)
    slip on muffler (I have this sitting in the shed left over from my last build $0)
    thicker steel for exhaust hanger ( <$5)
    Brake pads (note: I won a couple of races with worn stock pads last race round so these aren't necessary but definitely an advantage $99.95)
    PCV (note: I won a couple of races without one last race round so it isn't necessary but definitely an advantage ~$450)
    paint!!!
    Sponsor stickers (obviously very important and also free $0).

Costs:
    Ninja 300- $1295
    lock set- $200
    paint- $7.50
    Oil filter- $15
    Oil- $20
    Clipons- $44.70
    Rearsets- $154.97
    90 degree valves- $35
    Fork oil- $17
    tires- $470
    exhaust hanger- $2.80
    engine covers- $254.80
    SS braided lines- $70.69
    Fairings- $650
    dzus fasteners- $20
    Paint- $140
    Total: $2812.46
    Looking great mate

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work mate.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Motorbike
    2016 S1000R
    Liked
    184 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus I'm not planning on crashing again lol
    Fucking lol

Just had a read through the thread, how useful are those Bunnings InstaBracket things hey. Belly fairing on my S1000 track setup didn't line up on the left side at the rear. Quick trip to Bunnings and a bit of bending and hey presto, the fairings fit!
    "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
    Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bike(s) have been keeping 1098SF and myself busy over the last couple of weeks and finally have some great news... The bike(s) are completed and ready to see the race track There are a few little bits and pieces that will be added but not necessary (pcV, stickers, sponsor stickers, drain plugs for the bellypan, de-cat the exhaust). It was a late finish Sunday night so by the time everything was assembled (on all 3 ninja 300's) the sun had definitely set for weekend, so the couple of pics that were taken were snapped in the dark.

Replaced the exhaust hanger with some thicker aluminium bar ($3.30) as suggested by a few people, after thinking twice about it is an easy and cheap swap that I am confident will not be an issue. I also replaced the stock exhaust can with a 2bros slipon I had sitting around $0.00

The levers $29.72 have arrived and it's an easy swap from the originals and allows more adjustment, I also installed the new brake lines (mentioned in a previous post) and bled the system. The brakes feel really solid and there's plenty of life left in the pads that were already installed so I'll likely stick with these pads until race season starts. I also re-installed the headlight/indicator switch block as suggested by BlackFZR

The above photo gives a peek at the paintjob, I will wait until all of the stickers are installed before I post any pics of the completed bikes though.
    Over-all I am really happy with how the bikes turned out and cant wait to break this new bike in at the track

Costs:
    Ninja 300- $1295
    lock set- $200
    paint- $7.50
    Oil filter- $15
    Oil- $20
    Clipons- $44.70
    Rearsets- $154.97
    90 degree valves- $35
    Fork oil- $17
    tires- $470
    exhaust hanger- $2.80
    engine covers- $254.80
    SS braided lines- $70.69
    Fairings- $650
    dzus fasteners- $20
    Paint- $140
    exhaust hanger (aluminium)- $3.30
    levers- $29.72
    Total: $2845.48
    Last edited by VULGR; 25-01-2016 at 05:50 PM.
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes 1098SF, Loges liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great news:
    ASBK has changed the dates of each round, the season is now much more spread out which will make things a lot more affordable
    Another bonus to the date changes is that ASBK and WA state rounds no longer conflict and hopefully I will be able to compete in all rounds

The race season is fast approaching
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes BikeONE, spudda, =Maz=, Loges, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NINJA 300 proddy race bike (ASBK)

Decisions, decisions...
    The Yamaha R3 race series that was proposed late last year for this season has been confirmed.
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/hotne...ts-green-light

The race package sells for $7900 and comes pretty much race-ready with:
    -race glass
    -akrapovic full system
    -rearsets
    -clipons
    -sprockets
    -new adjustable rear shock
    -front fork springs, shims, spacers
    -graphics kit
    -R&G crash knobs, case savers, spools, chain guard, rad guard, muffler bracket
    -block off plates
    -4L oil, 1xfilter
    -rear paddock stand
    -manual

From what I can tell, there are only a very small amount of extras required (depending if they are allowed):
    -Power commander & tune (or ecu flash & tune)
    -SS braided front brake line
    -tires
    -brake pads
    -chain (I've seen what happened to Aufitt's chain)

Yamaha will be offering contingencies (nothing specified yet but usually reasonably decent), cheaper race entry and a BRAND NEW 2016 YAMAHA R6 for the championship winner!

I'm really stuck with the decision to
    a) Keep one of my 300's, sell the other one and buy this r3 package (which will be a lot better of a race bike than the rules allow for the ninja 300)
    Or
    b) keep both ninja's and race in the production 300 series as initially planned

The fact there is a brand new r6 up for grabs is really swaying me towards the r3 series. I'll be making a few calls to try and get some more information as soon as they open (why isn't anything open at 4am? )
    Last edited by VULGR; 09-02-2016 at 04:45 AM.
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Motorcycling is dangerous
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decisions, decisions...
    The Yamaha R3 race series that was proposed late last year for this season has been confirmed.
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/hotne...ts-green-light

The race package sells for $7900 and comes pretty much race-ready with:
    -race glass
    -akrapovic full system
    -rearsets
    -clipons
    -sprockets
    -new adjustable rear shock
    -front fork springs, shims, spacers
    -graphics kit
    -R&G crash knobs, case savers, spools, chain guard, rad guard, muffler bracket
    -block off plates
    -4L oil, 1xfilter
    -rear paddock stand
    -manual

From what I can tell, there are only a very small amount of extras required (depending if they are allowed):
    -Power commander & tune (or ecu flash & tune)
    -SS braided front brake line
    -tires
    -brake pads
    -chain (I've seen what happened to Aufitt's chain)

Yamaha will be offering contingencies (nothing specified yet but usually reasonably decent), cheaper race entry and a BRAND NEW 2016 YAMAHA R6 for the championship winner!

I'm really stuck with the decision to
    a) Keep one of my 300's, sell the other one and buy this r3 package (which will be a lot better of a race bike than the rules allow for the ninja 300)
    Or
    b) keep both ninja's and race in the production 300 series as initially planned

The fact there is a brand new r6 up for grabs is really swaying me towards the r3 series. I'll be making a few calls to try and get some more information as soon as they open (why isn't anything open at 4am? )
    My chain was caused by being late to perth and not picking up the rivet link I ordered.
    DID ERT2 comes with clip, I ran with it for the 3rd time.... wasn't so lucky.
    Its the only non std part on my bike.

As for the R3 cup, tread carefully, apply and read the emails, its stoopid and is destined to kill proddie racing if this keeps up.
    segregating the bikes has knobs on it, imagine if this happened in Supersptort or Superbike!?

The dealio aint so good either, its not a pre built bike, its just parts... not top shelf ones either.
    When you price up an unreg R3 to race (Around 5K from most dealers/distributors) its a poorly thought out debarcle ran by a sales dept not a race team, and they aint helping riders who bought bikes for racing already.
    Moms 2016 is having to change to allow them in and cross enter into REAL competition... PRODUCTION racing.
    Now space has to be made in the busy ASBK program for another race.
    Only good thing is we can have suspension now.... since they can, so a bulletin should be released soon.
    Ride Smarter
    We Need our Track Back.

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it sounds like they're expecting a lot of people to take advantage of this setup (i.e. Enough to run separately to proddies). I don't think they will change the proddy rules. I do agree that it is trying to kill proddy racing, I'm however most interested in what can be most beneficial for me and it sounds like this series will be more financially rewarding.
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au

Motorbike
    Motorcycling is dangerous
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it sounds like they're expecting a lot of people to take advantage of this setup (i.e. Enough to run separately to proddies). I don't think they will change the proddy rules. I do agree that it is trying to kill proddy racing, I'm however most interested in what can be most beneficial for me and it sounds like this series will be more financially rewarding.
    Yeah, I see your point, ie if going to race at least 4 National rounds.
    However, this is a tall order from WA based riders.

They say they have 100 applicants (im one if email list counts)
    They'll be lucky to get six.
    Im a Yamaha man, and my Sponsors are amazing at State level but this leaves me sour, when ppl have done so much to build Proddie racing up..
    Wish the manufacturers had the Fortitude to race on an even footing so far KTM is the only one doing the right thing.
    We have Kawasaki in one race, Yamaha in another, and KTM in another... its madness.
    Ride Smarter
    We Need our Track Back.
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
    Yeah, I see your point, ie if going to race at least 4 National rounds.
    However, this is a tall order from WA based riders.

They say they have 100 applicants (im one if email list counts)
    They'll be lucky to get six.
    Im a Yamaha man, and my Sponsors are amazing at State level but this leaves me sour, when ppl have done so much to build Proddie racing up..
    Wish the manufacturers had the Fortitude to race on an even footing so far KTM is the only one doing the right thing.
    We have Kawasaki in one race, Yamaha in another, and KTM in another... its madness.
    Yeah, well I was planning on racing all of the national rounds anyway I would love it if only 6 people entered this Yamaha R3 cup, it would mean a lot higher chance of me walking away with a brand new R6

I will still be racing a ninja 300 here in WA this season and I won't be letting any of the KTM's win without a fight
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes Aufitt liked this post

Motorbike
    GSX1400
    Liked
    746 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to play negative Nancy but be honest with yourself. Are you a genuine chance of winning?

Unless you are 99% certain your in with a shot make any decision on weather to go to all the hassle of selling a bike and buying/setting up another one without even considering the R6 as part of the equation.
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NINJA 300 proddy race bike (ASBK)

Quote Originally Posted by Corona 221 View Post
    Not trying to play negative Nancy but be honest with yourself. Are you a genuine chance of winning?

Unless you are 99% certain your in with a shot make any decision on weather to go to all the hassle of selling a bike and buying/setting up another one without even considering the R6 as part of the equation.
    Yeah, I do think I'm in with a shot. I won't know for sure until I give it a go though. Michelle Marias finished 3rd (and was leading it after a few rounds) in the proddie series (ASBK) and I feel that I can finish infront of her. We also aren't talking about A grade riders, it sounds like most of the contingency prizes will be offered to newer riders
    I was also riding a bike last year that was not tuned and did not have a power commander and was losing out on the straights (probably 3-4hp down).

I'm not saying I will win the championship (and the R6), everyone has a chance
    Plus, it really won't be that much extra $'s (after selling my current bike and taking into consideration the re-sale value of the R3)
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think....

The BS sponsorship ...says' it all.

(motorvational speech..) ;-)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a dynojet pcV- $420, to try and get as much power and performance out of this little beast. I jumped on to YouTube and watched an installation video specific to the ninja 300 then loaded a map with the specific parts. I started the bike on the stands and everything sounded great. This was installed on Wednesday afternoon at about 2pm, it was really simple install and took under 10 mins. I also replaced the spark plugs wile I had the tank off, the spark plugs I removed looked fine but not expensive to replace and I had bought new plugs already @ $4.99 each $9.98

We loaded the bikes up and took them down to Whoop Ass Wednesday at the Kwinana Motorplex. Went through scrutineering without any complaints and lined up to see what the bikes were capable of. Sitting on the start line the bike felt great, the starting lights were SUPER quick and had turned green before I had even realised. I launched off the line, the bike initially felt great but it wasn't long before I noticed an issue The acceleration seemed to be extremely lacking, normally I need to change into 2nd gear almost immediately but that was not the case this time, acceleration was affected in all gears. I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with how long the bike had been sitting, maybe I just needed to blow out all of the old fuel in the engine. I didn't touch a thing and lined up for a second run (10mins later). Exactly the same issue
    I opened the tank and heard air rush in! Vapour lock- this would definitely be causing a problem. The fuel tank breather must have gotten blocked when I painted the tank (amateur mistake ). I attempted to unblock the breather but the next run was about to start. I lined up again, launched great only to experience the same problem. The breather must still be blocked! I opened the tank and sure enough heard the air rush in again. I spent more time trying to unblock the breather and it was time to line up again before I knew it. Lined up, launched OK but the problem persisted! I was annoyed to say the least, I really thought I had unblocked it. Got the bike back, opened the tank and there was no air rushing in this time.... Or maybe I wasn't listening properly. Another run confirmed the problem was still there but I was no longer having issues with the fuel tank.
    It surely had to be the power commander I installed hours earlier- I hadn't actually checked any of the fueling on the map, I also hadn't synchronised the throttle position sensor, I checked to the car to see if I had brought my laptop- NOPE, ofcourse I didn't I'ld just have to suffer with the issue tonight and make sure I sort it out before the ride day that was scheduled for the weekend.

I connected the laptop to the bike Friday night, adjusted some of the fueling that I thought might be a bit off on the map supplied. I also synchronised the throttle position sensor. Atleast the problem would be sorted for the track day. I was looking forward to testing this bike out
    Bikes once again went through scrutineering without an issue, my group was called and I lined up in the pits eager to get out and try the bike. I smashed on the throttle exiting the pits and realised straight away before I had even entered turn 1 that the same problem was there, WTF!!! I pulled in immediately and jumped on the second bike to finish the session. I don't know what I had done when setting up the pcV but I had stuffed it up!
    I completely disconnected the power commander knowing that this would fix the problem, that just meant I'ld need to take it to someone that knew what they were doing I lined up in the pits for the next session, hammered it coming out of the pits and the problem was still there. It obviously had nothing to do with the power commander at all. What damage could have been caused by the previous owner? I guess this is risk you take buying an unknown vehicle that you haven't ridden
    I pulled the error code from the bike- code '32' secondary throttle position sensor

This was not a problem I would be fixing at the track! luckily I still have the second Ninja 300 so I rode that for the second half of the day and it performed flawlessly- just like last year

I pulled the bike apart Sunday to investigate and (hopefully) fix the issue,

The secondary throttle position sensor seemed to be getting power, I removed it and opened it up to see if anything inside was broken but everything was still intact so I re-assembled it. It had looked like it had been dislodged from the rod that it was meant to be connected to though. The rod itself was also very stiff and not moving like it should. A little bit of WD40 and a bit of manipulation and it freed up re-installed everything and hoped for the best

I also re-connected the pcV, installed the tank and fired up the bike. It seemed to start fine (but it also started fine on the stands previously). I tried to pull any error codes but nothing was showing. I installed the all of the fairings and put the bike back together 100% The bike isn't registered (obviously) so it cant be ridden on public roads and I wouldn't do that
    However, IF I did ride it around the block I would have noticed the bike ran fine, powering through all gears, great power, great acceleration, good braking. I am 100% sure the problem is finally fixed I cant wait until this weekend to test it out at MCRCWA tuning session and see what it can really do (hopefully more than 2 laps this time)

The custom stickers FREE arrived and installation is a breeze and straight forward (I believe these may have been supplied indirectly from BlackFZR)
    The bikes are definitely eye catching and get some attention. I have actually had a few people come up thinking they were desmosedicci's from a distance (they realised pretty quickly that wasn't the case as they got closer though)

My stubby holders ordered from www.brandsense.com.au (a forum sponsor) also arrived a couple of weeks ago and looking AMAZING!!! definitely better than a photo that will just sit in a photo album or in a file on my computer

Costs:
    Ninja 300- $1295
    lock set- $200
    paint- $7.50
    Oil filter- $15
    Oil- $20
    Clipons- $44.70
    Rearsets- $154.97
    90 degree valves- $35
    Fork oil- $17
    tires- $470
    exhaust hanger- $2.80
    engine covers- $254.80
    SS braided lines- $70.69
    Fairings- $650
    dzus fasteners- $20
    Paint- $140
    exhaust hanger (aluminium)- $3.30
    levers- $29.72
    Dynojet PCV- $420
    Spark plugs- $9.98
    Ducati decals- FREE
    Total: $3275.46
    Last edited by VULGR; 15-02-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes BlackFZR, keys, Mr Bean, BikeONE, Towlybear and 3 others liked this post

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
    Only good thing is we can have suspension now.... since they can, so a bulletin should be released soon.
    This would just drive up the cost and so who really gains?

I would love to one day race in the proddie class but the more mods allowed the more expensive it gets, the less appealing and accessible it gets.

This is one reason people don't race..the costs involved. if everyone has a stock bike its fair for everyone and keeps costs down.

As soon as one racer buys ohlins suspension everyone has to follow suit....and then the playing field is level again...with everyone being out of pocket $**&&@@