Thread: '85 GSXR750 - #havetostopbuyingwrecks

Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing too serious, things like lock wire drilled sump plug etc. An ex-road racer friend of my dad's took it for a ride an commented about the way it went too.
    Probably should have called it an ex track day bike, not ex race bike, my bad.
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning lables and let the problem sort itself out...
    - Sarcasteacher

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ not 'your bad' mate ^^^

I have race wired sump plug --dialled in cams--rejetted carbs.... just wondering if it had followed the rules of blueprint or just made suitable for 'race track use '

Cheers for the heads up.. ;-)

My mate from over east was a suzuki fan gsxr 750 1-10 of first imported into AUS-( blue white)-he had a lovely 1100 Katana mag wheel... showed it zero respect..

I pillioned with him once..interesting to say the least.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Ahhh Broken trust in a public forum .... nice shot.
    o
    Yeah disgrace myself every ride...
    Carryon with your i4 stuffs

User is on Probation
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    o
    Yeah disgrace myself every ride...
    Carryon with your i4 stuffs
    The first thing that comes to mind is this we i will include myself have taken over a rebuild thread i messaged loud to apologize for this myself last night.
    Rebuild threads and 21 ways are off limits to trolls azazl you are right, perhaps i should become a mod i certainly know what to look for.
    I for one admire the work loud does and have asked him to help me with my rebuild of my bike.
    Last edited by llbuono; 15-12-2017 at 09:00 PM.

User is on Probation
    Motorbike
    Gsx750f, 1980 gs1000s st race bike.
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    ^^^ not 'your bad' mate ^^^

I have race wired sump plug --dialled in cams--rejetted carbs.... just wondering if it had followed the rules of blueprint or just made suitable for 'race track use '

Cheers for the heads up.. ;-)

My mate from over east was a suzuki fan gsxr 750 1-10 of first imported into AUS-( blue white)-he had a lovely 1100 Katana mag wheel... showed it zero respect..

I pillioned with him once..interesting to say the least.
    I owned a katana 1100 with the wire wheels made 7 more hp produced in limited numbers a good bike but still not as good as my 81 honda 1100r.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cbr1100

Gardners' 6 hr winner? If the BMW didn't run out of fuel it would have won and rewritten his life story...

Might I add.. Loud is a great guy and his thread stalled, in the spirit of psb . I for one... Hope to see his bike in the flesh one day.
    I apologise if this is misplaced conversation.... The thread lives... Just as it is intended v2 I4.... Its a bike thread.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk
    Likes N/A liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carltonblues View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is this we i will include myself have taken over a rebuild thread i messaged loud to apologize for this myself last night.
    Rebuild threads and 21 ways are off limits to trolls azazl you are right, perhaps i should become a mod i certainly know what to look for.
    I for one admire the work loud does and have asked him to help me with my rebuild of my bike.

Now the only thing you need to know is that your bike doesn't give shit either way.

Nor in fact any other rider
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy shit what a thread.

Subscribed for the final push
    Home is where the Art is.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quietly hoping Loud gets the vibe back soon....I miss the slabbie..

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Loud, I have just had a big read through of this thread and am inspired by what you have achieved so far. I'm doing my first real full build myself at the moment and I can't believe you have managed in such a small workshop. I'd love to go for a ride and beer and learn a bit from you some day. I hope you are feeling good about the world these days too.

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers wonky, appreciate the kind words.

The little storage room is now no longer my workshop. I've spent some time and money renovating my house over the last eight months and this has included converting the garage in to a proper work space. Lined walls, coated floor, air lines, LED lighting, two motorcycle lifts, huge tool storage, mobile workbench, stereo with Spotify streaming, plenty of paint, a roller door to enclose both sides, window blinds, paint, shed storage for parts, external storage, re-laying the brick paving out front so that it's flat enough for me to roll cars around, plenty of new tools... I'm looking forward to using it as soon as I've finished a couple of rooms I'm renovating in the house. I see a lot more time being spent doing projects for both myself and others in the future.

As for my well-being, I've just had a month of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) which appears to have improved my mental health significantly. Basically they sit you in a chair and use a small MRI to create electrical impulses in your brain. Pretty uncomfortable to start off with but you quickly adjust. It's available through Public or Private Health but you really want to go Public due to the initial and repeat costs. If anyone reading this has long-term depression and hasn't tried it then I'd suggest speaking to your Psychiatrist to get a referral. It's fairly new and it just doesn't seem to occur to them to recommend it. After several visits I brought it up with my own psych who said it's the first thing he would do were he to suffer from depression. Odd given he was prescribing my drugs that weren't having any effect.

For sure get in touch if you'd like to catch up. Truthfully there's nothing special that I'm able to do - most of it is just time, patience and research. And knowing what I like. If I can help you by putting you in touch with people who can help achieve the things you want then that's a plus

As for this project, I reckon I'll be back in to it in a couple of months when the weather and renovations suit.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes wonky, BikeONE, potato, Scaramouche liked this post

Motorbike
    Rapier
    Liked
    118 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Loud. I understand the need for 'space' to get things done, trouble is it detracts from the long term project work if only for a little while. Sometimes its good to get some distance to get perspective, found that happened alot with Grandfather. Keep up the good work, the build is priceless Well done bud.

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some stuff. It's not Slabbie but it's Slabbie-related so kinda fits with the thread.

I moved out of my little workshop room. Now it looks like this but with more bicycles:

I manoeuvred that in by hand. Just sayin'. 190L with Free Air Delivery of 600LPM @150psi. Yeah boi-eeee! Installed plenty of acoustic lining, thick rubber matting and a solid-core door with vents. From outside it's less noisy than a modern split-system air conditioner.

I kept my 20 year old workbench. Put it on some lockable castor wheels, replaced the old top and added a router lift in to the new thicker top. Here it is in my new slightly-bigger workshop:

That was originally an open-sided carport. CBH Coatings covered the floor if you're interested - that stuff is near indestructible and just wipes clean. 1/2" air, 15A power, stereo that links to the Google Home, a few 10A outlets, LED lighting (those are blockout blinds for the neighbours benefit), 1/2" water tap on the pier outside the door. All in preparation for what's coming.

Behind the roller door I have a little more space which I've nearly finished:

Hey, you can see a bit of the Slabbie!

There's a shed and storage lane between the garage and fence and don't worry, it's all council approved. Not allowed to enclose the walls which is why I've gone with plastic lattice (for now) which has the advantage of allowing air-flow. Everything is on wheels. Man, this is going to be so much better than working off a matt on the floor.

Had to get a roof carpenter in so the roller door could be recessed and now the tool cabinet rolls under too. Plus I don't have to duck to walk through anymore - see the warning tape I added to the lower lip of the roller door? Guess how many times I hit my head before i added that... and then how many more times after that before I called the carpenter.

This is part of the reason for the compressor.

But the main reason is still in a shipping container making it's way to Fremantle and due late August. Yeah, I'm being a little coy about what it is for now

Other news. My girlfriend has moved in; I asked my housemate to find somewhere else to live; the dogs need more laying-down-space; it's easier to clean hair off a hard floor so I learned how to install direct-stick bamboo and limewash; I discovered home automation. Which lead to another renovation which is well underway.

My room:

Her wardrobe...

And the lounge-ing around room for my "helpers":

It might look like I've been crazy busy but this has all been pretty slow going and over a long period of time. Pre-breakdown I could put in a 14 hour day and back that up for weeks. Now it's mostly slow and sometimes hard going. But I'm getting there.

Only two months until the 2-year anniversary of my breakdown so we'll see where I'm at then. It probably won't quite be Slabbie time but it'll be getting close

Hope those that have been asking for updates on the project aren't too disappointed!
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"
    Likes Crobbo, pnork, dwillia, Biggles, moshriff and 3 others liked this post

Motorbike
    2 bangers
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not mate.
    Happiness in your life is the most important ingredient for success.

Motorbike
    2 strokes
    Liked
    249 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CBH did my floors, they were good and cheap.
    I found the floor is destructible with the right amount of perseverance. CBH said they'd come out and fix but I moved out before I got it sorted so never tested the warranty. Nothing major but worth keeping in mind.

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgvlee View Post
    CBH did my floors, they were good and cheap.
    I found the floor is destructible with the right amount of perseverance. CBH said they'd come out and fix but I moved out before I got it sorted so never tested the warranty. Nothing major but worth keeping in mind.
    I know you did - that's where I got the idea from

Patrick has been out to see me since. There's a small warranty repair area in the side lane where I put my bins. He immediately said he'd fix it. There's also a touch-up needed from having to move the roller door slightly so that it could clear roof members which will cost me $100.

But that was a month ago and I haven't been able to get hold of him since. He has some massive jobs on for some petroleum company and the weather can't help. He'll get it done - he lives 5 minutes away

Still, the initial job was a bargain and almost immediate, so I'm really pleased with what I have while I wait.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"