Liked
    184 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knackers View Post
    The main reason I loved this bike is because of it's tons of torque, 1,2 & 3rd are geared fairly low so it gets of the mark like a rocket ship and 4th & 5th are great over 4000 revs, 6th is useless unless you are doing over 115 kph but does give the bike really good economy. I would say that you go out again and ride it like you stole it and use the gears correctly as it would be very different to the streetfighter. Cheers
    Took the demo at Savages for a spin today. Holy shit. I need one of these. The last demo I rode must have had something wrong with it because it certainly didn't have the pull the one today did. Already making a list of mods
    "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
    Keith Flint, The Prodigy.
    Likes DQ, Knackers liked this post

Motorbike
    Yamaha 2006 R1SP. KTM 1290 R. M109R.
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRossi View Post
    Looking at the protection gear mostly, the evotech sliders, clutch cover/slider. Were the CRG's local?

Cheers

Nick
    I purchased the Evotech sliders direct from Evotech in England, they're not cheap but after looking into what is around I think that they are the best by far, the fit, finish and quality are top notch. I bought some for my wife's MT09 too. If you send an email to Garry Twigg and mention my name I am sure that he will look after you as he is definitely the best person that I have dealt with. You can reach him at garry@evotech.performance.com

The clutch cover I bought through KTMtwins.com.info it's a Sato and looks classy as well as being functional.
    And the CRG levers I picked from their website and had sent over from the U.S.

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Towlybear View Post
    Took the demo at Savages for a spin today. Holy shit. I need one of these. The last demo I rode must have had something wrong with it because it certainly didn't have the pull the one today did. Already making a list of mods
    Lol, that's great to hear mate as I was thinking today whilst riding that the one you rode first might have been on rain mode. A friend of mine went out on the one I did and wants to buy it and when I checked the modes and it was on street mode and I told him to try Sports mode and he came back with a grin I could see through his tinted screen.

Motorbike
    2016 S1000R
    Liked
    184 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, that's great to hear mate as I was thinking today whilst riding that the one you rode first might have been on rain mode. A friend of mine went out on the one I did and wants to buy it and when I checked the modes and it was on street mode and I told him to try Sports mode and he came back with a grin I could see through his tinted screen.
    I think I figured out why I didn't like it. I turned the thing off and back on when I was fucking around with the MTC settings and all that, but I didn't put it back to Sport mode, thinking it'd stay on the mode. Found out on the demo yesterday once it's off it all resets. I think I'll be getting the Dongle from KTM as soon as I buy one so I don't have to turn it to sport every time I get on the thing.
    "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
    Likes Knackers liked this post

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seat looks stunning.
    Likes Knackers liked this post

Motorbike
    BMW Boxer Twin
    Liked
    308 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice bike, do you have a vision for where the project is going? Any custom work in the pipeline?
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I figured out why I didn't like it. I turned the thing off and back on when I was fucking around with the MTC settings and all that, but I didn't put it back to Sport mode, thinking it'd stay on the mode. Found out on the demo yesterday once it's off it all resets. I think I'll be getting the Dongle from KTM as soon as I buy one so I don't have to turn it to sport every time I get on the thing.
    It will stay in the ride mode when you turn it off it's just the traction control and ABS that revert back to the off position.

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98kellrs View Post
    Nice bike, do you have a vision for where the project is going? Any custom work in the pipeline?
    Hi Ryan, the only vision is improvement on the standard gear, I have carbon fibre side fairings to come with the original design stickers to go back on so all the Matt black plastic parts will be all carbon. I also have on order the KTM alloy triple tree on order that is in anodised orange, but basically it will be an on going up grade.

Steve

Motorbike
    990 SDR
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the Evotech sliders direct from Evotech in England, they're not cheap but after looking into what is around I think that they are the best by far, the fit, finish and quality are top notch. I bought some for my wife's MT09 too. If you send an email to Garry Twigg and mention my name I am sure that he will look after you as he is definitely the best person that I have dealt with. You can reach him at garry@evotech.performance.com

The clutch cover I bought through KTMtwins.com.info it's a Sato and looks classy as well as being functional.
    And the CRG levers I picked from their website and had sent over from the U.S.
    Legend, thanks!

Motorbike
    2013 Triumph Daytona 675r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso tyres today and also fitted the alloy wheel nut.

Motorbike
    2016 S1000R
    Liked
    184 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you find the bike in the tighter stuff? I rode it through the hills and it was very capable, I'm just concerned it might be a bit too heavy for fast riding in tighter sections (AKA left, right, left, right). Build is looking good though mate, definitely taking some notes down

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you find the bike in the tighter stuff? I rode it through the hills and it was very capable, I'm just concerned it might be a bit too heavy for fast riding in tighter sections (AKA left, right, left, right). Build is looking good though mate, definitely taking some notes down
    I find that in tighter bends this bike will be as if not more capable than most sports bikes, the bike stock weighs 189kgs wet and with the wider flatter handle bars and has very fast geometry along with that torque which just shoots you out of corners like a cannon. I have an R1M, R1SP and have owned many high end sports bikes and find this bike easier to handle in the really tight roads. It's definitely NOT heavy.

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted a Radguard to protect the radiator, I have one of these on most of the bikes I have or have had.

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The KTM Factory race triple clamps, very well made and can't wait to get them on.

Likes Joey, RA35GT, duc13, bless_you liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About to fit the 1290 Duke race dongle. This will let me turn off the ABS & or the traction control...coool

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted the triple clamps today....wow factor and look better in person. Should handle even better now, if that's possible. I do find with the dongle fitted that the front wheel spends a lot more time in the air.

Likes Motormaniac, Nudge liked this post

Motorbike
    The one with the most KTM
    Liked
    22 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking awesome bud.
    In love with those clamps. Wish they kept making stuff like that for the RC8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprint View Post
    To the absolute contrary, i have always found (true**) harley riders to be amoung the most approachable, most completely committed riders.

** not the accountant with the bandana and attitude - that guy needs a punch in the vagina

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I see whilst riding.

Motorbike
    Liked
    27 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought that I would throw in a photo from the top of Mount Wellington in Tasmania as I have just returned after a week of riding around there, great place for bikes 😜👍

Likes GsxInShed, GSXRossi, jobbo, RA35GT liked this post