Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    We came across a lot of shredded tyres on our trip. The rocks are very sharp hence we took it easy on the vehicle and tyres. Two did not know how to get the spare tyre off and one had no tools to unwind it down and the jack could not lift the vehicle. Cost them $550 to get the Tom Price tyre service to attend plus the tyre.

I now wish I had got into this four wheel driving years earlier, but making up time now.
    Yep, some sections look real inviting and you want to open it a up a little, but as you said lots of sharps rocks and the erosion doesn't look too bad until you are right on it and trying to drive over it. I hit a lot of sections way too fast and had to tone it down a little, didn't want to get stuck out there even for a few hours in 42 degree heat.

cowgirlz+barfie gone, now its just me sadly looking out my window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    A long shot. Does anyone have a standard Nissan Patrol rear shock absorber. I have a bush gone on mine and leaving Sunday for a trip.
    i've got a set of GQ shocks sitting around, not sure if they'll fit the gu? is it the whole shock you looking for or just the rubber bushes?
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    i've got a set of GQ shocks sitting around, not sure if they'll fit the gu? is it the whole shock you looking for or just the rubber bushes?
    I just checked on the patrol forum and they say they are the same. What ever is easiest to fit quickly is the best as I am not sure how hard it is to fit the bushes, my shocks are past their best anyway. This could be a good option.

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    Yep, some sections look real inviting and you want to open it a up a little, but as you said lots of sharps rocks and the erosion doesn't look too bad until you are right on it and trying to drive over it. I hit a lot of sections way too fast and had to tone it down a little, didn't want to get stuck out there even for a few hours in 42 degree heat.
    February last year I was on the Big Bell Road, taking it easy as just me and my daughter. I had left a travel plan with Linda. Was teaching my daughter to take it easy on the vehicle and reading the road surface. Then a lurch, I stopped and found this.

Over 42 degrees and no contact with anyone.

What did I learn. Check the wheel nuts after getting a tyre fitted in Perth. Panic, yes it was so hard not to. Feeling so responsible for my daughter and what I had got her into. Then working too fast and hard trying to sort it out, was using my water very fast.

I had shade with umbrellas but God it was hot.

The reality. I had 125 litres of fuel so could run the air con if needed for long enough. I had sufficient water for at least 24 hrs. I had shade an awning if needed. ( My travel plan was that if There was no contact with me in four hours that I was in trouble.)

One stud was snapped, the disc resting on the rim. So jack got under the axle and removing one nut from the other wheels got me back into Cue.

What did I not have with me. I had taken a lot of my gear out to move my daughter to Cue to live, so no air jack and my extra water carrier of 20 litres.

As far as the Ashburton Downs Road even being careful I hit one washout at 30 kph and that was a lesson to slow even more.
    Likes nos liked this post

cowgirlz+barfie gone, now its just me sadly looking out my window
    Motorbike
    mine
    Liked
    526 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what i can gather, they are interchangeable. i've got the bushes floating around, may be in my tool bag, or i may just have a few as spares. but i have 4 x shocks, can't tell you how old or how many k's
    "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chief wiggum View Post
    from what i can gather, they are interchangeable. i've got the bushes floating around, may be in my tool bag, or i may just have a few as spares. but i have 4 x shocks, can't tell you how old or how many k's
    That sounds what I need, my shocks are also due for an upgrade as probably originals. Next step on my the list of improvements.

I just missed out this month on set of news springs and shocks on the Patrol forum by not logging in enough. They had only gone from the dealers to a suspension shop. Sometimes I do kick myself.

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All is fixed.

It turned out to be a washer that had flogged out allowing the shock absorber bush to move around. My usual mechanic had turned up to work on Saturday which is unusual and fixed it in around ten minutes.

Thanks to Cheif wiggum and Farkass for jumping in with options for me last night and this morning. Amazing to think on a motorcycle thread that this help is at hand. Thanks Guys much appreciated.

Linda has just finished radiation therapy with a very good prognosis is so we have booked her a week in Kalbarri. I have a day's work in Carnarvon so this trip is very important to us.
    Likes Sprint, shortSteve, QUACKA, R1 Yammie, Crim liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleted double post