Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    We mine some of the best lead in the world, it makes me sad to see those jobs going to foreigners.
    its alright mate we are finding other uses for it domestically, for example putting it in the water in childrens hospitals, talk about the smart country, this is about up skilling and adding value to our resources
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Motorbike
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that you've now changed the title from disgusting to shithouse. For a second there you sounded like a single anti-vaxxer mother on a Perth Facebook whinge page who just read the headline of a news article and made assumptions.
    Likes TROUBLE, Josh93 liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ you're gonna get in trouble
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Diablo View Post
    Its ok we can sub it out off shore to someone who has that kind of manufacturing capacity.
    Best do it in house...job creation... and we can recycle the lead at a later date...export the bodies for fertilizer too its a win win win! situation

Motorbike
    CB250RS & ZRX1200R
    Liked
    78 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a SHITHOUSE waste of Tax Payers Money the Govt's projects are

That's what happens if you always go with the cheapest tender option to start with. It won't finish on time or on budget or in the quality you want or all of it. Nothing in this world comes free and nothing of quality comes cheap.
    And having only accountants and no engineers in key positions with more than the ability to compare numbers this is what you get!

Imagine the public uproar if they had said it costs are double to start with... Now it's only well, we already started - shit management etc. let's move the blame, pay and move on...
    Likes boeman, BusaSteve, BillyBoof, Benzo, keys and 3 others liked this post

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo85 View Post
    And having only accountants and no engineers in key positions with more than the ability to compare numbers this is what you get!
    This...so much this.
    It's not just in this instance either.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Motorbike
    K 1200 r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason that religion exists, to collect tax an force law's on people,. There's not one government in the world, that doesn't use a religion to make it's constitution, paise oh paise the bloodly tax( department)!!!!L.O.L.!the lucky country.

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what happens if you always go with the cheapest tender option to start with. It won't finish on time or on budget or in the quality you want or all of it. Nothing in this world comes free and nothing of quality comes cheap.
    I beg to differ, but alas who cares.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working in government I saw the other side of the coin...a shed that should have been 17K put with hard stand ended up costing 30K because the first quote wasnt from a 'preferred supplier'.

I used to tell the management to piss off out of it..once I needed a nail gun and the supplier who I could source it cheaper from on the day I wanted it wasnt a preferred supplier...I went and bought it anyway. Needless to say the pen pushers got their panties in a twist but they are not at the coal face are they?

The minute government get control is the minute it all fucks up....too many chiefs with nothing better to do than make your life difficult.
    Likes Sonik liked this post

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Working in government I saw the other side of the coin...a shed that should have been 17K put with hard stand ended up costing 30K because the first quote wasnt from a 'preferred supplier'.

I used to tell the management to piss off out of it..once I needed a nail gun and the supplier who I could source it cheaper from on the day I wanted it wasnt a preferred supplier...I went and bought it anyway. Needless to say the pen pushers got their panties in a twist but they are not at the coal face are they?

The minute government get control is the minute it all fucks up....too many chiefs with nothing better to do than make your life difficult.
    Ill say and so much money is pissed up the wall even when liberals are in control.
    Wall urn installed for a handful of people in a library when a kettle would be fine.

Imagine the public uproar if they had said it costs are double to start with... Now it's only well, we already started - shit management etc. let's move the blame, pay and move on...
    This so much shit out there done wrong and not to a industrial standard.
    Last edited by Halo_2; 05-09-2016 at 06:19 PM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now you see a kettle could be dropped and worksafe wouldn't condone the carrying of a vessel holding a hot, possibly even a scolding liquid...the fact the carpet is five hundred years old and has more corrugations in it than old Mrs Blibbersvilles, the librarians face, is immaterial.

Motorbike
    A Blek one.....
    Liked
    319 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gov'ts known about the lead for 2 weeks.

How many people have been drinking the water out the taps for the last 2 weeks.?

If they don't die from the asbestos, they will from the lead poisoning.
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMHO All the tradies are far to busy filling out paper work to have time to do any work ,the suppliers are far to busy doing paper work and spending to many $$$ complying to out of date standards to supply decent products , and way to many people involved in running large projects these days .
    Likes henrys, Josh93 liked this post

Motorbike
    Japanese
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a relative who works at a fairly high level in the state government who was seconded (? not sure if that's the right word, sorry) to help arrange / supervise / fix some of the issues with this new hospital..

.. it's particularly telling that he got out of that role as quick as he could; I believe the phrase "clusterfuck at every turn" was used, and he could tell very quickly that trying to make any changes would be "like pissing in the wind while trying to polish a turd".
    Likes henrys, BusaSteve, optimal liked this post

Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I think the current Liberal Government will go down as the most inept & corrupt in this State's history.

That is a big ask considering the dodgy stuff that has happened here in the past 30 years.

Never mind, we can all become property developers & flog stuff to rich Chinese a la Sam Barnett.
    Likes =Maz=, optimal liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately it's not just govt agencies that do this! It can be infuriating working for big multinational companies that have similar policies in place
    Instead of being able to pop down to the local supplier and get it when needed and order needs to be put in with a preferred supplier in triplicate, then wait many weeks for it to be delivered and still not being ideal for the job
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Josh93 liked this post

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of every time somone asks about an engine rebuild.

you can pick only 2 of the 3 options:

powerful
    reliable
    cheap to build
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...
    Likes Geeman, robbo85, Benzo liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    The Gov'ts known about the lead for 2 weeks.

How many people have been drinking the water out the taps for the last 2 weeks.?

If they don't die from the asbestos, they will from the lead poisoning.
    They'd better bury them at sea then cause it'll take three weeks to cremate them with all that asbestos in them
    Likes TROUBLE, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    1998 RGV250 (Road), 1993 RGV250 (track), 2007 KBR200G-Y2 (R/T), 1984 TS250X (basket case)
    Liked
    160 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gippo View Post
    Why is Chinese manufacturing so dodgy?
    Its not a stereotype anymore its reality. If I recall correctly the Chinese Govt punishes shortcutters with the death penalty. So WTF? Why does it keep happening?
    Probably for the same reason "Drink Drivers and Red light runners" do.........both are a potential Death Sentence but if people believe that they can get away with it, They try 😠
    Rules are for the Obedience of Fools and the Guidance of Wise men. Douglas Bader.

Only two things are Infinite, the Universe and Human Stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein.

Three can keep a Secret, if Two of them are Dead. Benjamin Franklin.

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually things like this depend a lot on the nature of the supply contracts.

Example: one of our suppliers charges us full retail, if we spend over $500k a month we get a 40% discount in the form of a credit.
    We're actually negotiating with them at the moment to up that to $1 million and 50%.

Some suppliers may look cheaper initially but it's often in your best interest to have preferred contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?