Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acdcfan View Post
    So what I want to know is why is WASCC so against MSWA...?
    At the end day, leave WASCC where they are and build new facilities and don't look back. If what what ever reason WASCC does not want to come to the party so be it.
    I cannot understand why has this WASCC vs MSWA become such a shit fight. If at some point WASCC wants to come on board I am sure they will be welcomed and have the track extended as proposed. Maybe V8 should be approached for some funding, and have their fees reduced for certain period of time or something.
    From what I have heard and by the FB chat, it seems that the MSWA entity is/was part of the WASCC, hence the POSSIBLE legal action re funding and a breakaway group taking the 'rights' with them.

It's not the MSWA itself, it seems that a portion of those involved are the primary targets. Hence , a number of previous board members pulling the pin as any legal action possibly wanting forensic accounting of funds already procured.

As V8 Supercars donating a cent? Check the ownership structure and you will see that they are a profit driven private equity fund, so either build something for them, or that round will move back East. [as they actually want, as the WA round is a PIA for both the media and the drivers. The track too is no favourite of any driver.]

The V8's have had considerable funding pre-promised, only to be pulled from that entity and fed back into the PE coffers, so Perth will be lucky just to KEEP the v8's after the current contract is finished. Best a new track be built with a decent design and excellent infrastructure.

This WILL cost far more than budgeted 'in situ' , but better off doing it properly now at a much higher than previously thought budget, rather than go cap in hand in 5 years for more funds to have to rebuild or improve poorly planned race assets...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    945 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReCon View Post
    From what I have heard and by the FB chat, it seems that the MSWA entity is/was part of the WASCC, hence the POSSIBLE legal action re funding and a breakaway group taking the 'rights' with them.

It's not the MSWA itself, it seems that a portion of those involved are the primary targets. Hence , a number of previous board members pulling the pin as any legal action possibly wanting forensic accounting of funds already procured.

As V8 Supercars donating a cent? Check the ownership structure and you will see that they are a profit driven private equity fund, so either build something for them, or that round will move back East. [as they actually want, as the WA round is a PIA for both the media and the drivers. The track too is no favourite of any driver.]

The V8's have had considerable funding pre-promised, only to be pulled from that entity and fed back into the PE coffers, so Perth will be lucky just to KEEP the v8's after the current contract is finished. Best a new track be built with a decent design and excellent infrastructure.

This WILL cost far more than budgeted 'in situ' , but better off doing it properly now at a much higher than previously thought budget, rather than go cap in hand in 5 years for more funds to have to rebuild or improve poorly planned race assets...
    The amount of misinformation on the other site is quite amazing. All the talk of money going in MSWA pockets is utter nonsense. It's a peak sporting body that has to report to government with audited financials.

I have a bit of background but I'm not going to get involved in the nonsense. Wait and see what develops over the months ahead. There's no point in speculating. Let DSR's legal counsel sort it out with WASCC.
    I'll be riding for you #52, my dear son, Cameron Taylor Elliott 1985-2009
    2008 CBR600RR and 2010 GSXR750 Track Bikes, KTM530EXC Enduro bike wrist breaker
    Likes Stephan liked this post

Motorbike
    CBR 125 Fully Sick Edition, Z1000, XJR13 hunjy. The wife
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

Funnily enough, as does my source Scott52 .

I was answering acdcfan 's enquiries re the ill feeling between the 2 parties, whether any of the info is supposedly "misinformation" , in a legal sense. The Courts will decide and rumour or innuendo can then be buried.

I have no axe to grind with either party TBH , nor do I particularly care. I am merely a bystander and race fan only ,but I do listen to what others say on the ground.

I'd prefer a SOR precinct, so am about as apolitical as anyone could be regarding the Wanneroo development.

Let's just be aware that there IS strong talk by others on the ground about the legalities of a series of actions by a number of peak and varied entities, whether deemed legal , moral or otherwise.

It DOES need to be aired and cleared up so that the process can continue unabeted.

WA needs to stop fucking about to get the Govt. , any racing bodies and the public TOGETHER in order to get a DECENT facility.
    The rest will be water under the bridge once it's built with luck and ALL interests might be happy...
    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the actual track...is there a chance of a bridge to make it even right/left handers?
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    2007 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    945 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReCon View Post
    ^^^

Funnily enough, as does my source Scott52 .

I was answering acdcfan 's enquiries re the ill feeling between the 2 parties, whether any of the info is supposedly "misinformation" , in a legal sense. The Courts will decide and rumour or innuendo can then be buried.

I have no axe to grind with either party TBH , nor do I particularly care. I am merely a bystander and race fan only ,but I do listen to what others say on the ground.

I'd prefer a SOR precinct, so am about as apolitical as anyone could be regarding the Wanneroo development.

Let's just be aware that there IS strong talk by others on the ground about the legalities of a series of actions by a number of peak and varied entities, whether deemed legal , moral or otherwise.

It DOES need to be aired and cleared up so that the process can continue unabeted.

WA needs to stop fucking about to get the Govt. , any racing bodies and the public TOGETHER in order to get a DECENT facility.
    The rest will be water under the bridge once it's built with luck and ALL interests might be happy...
    I've spoken with DSR. I'd be really surprised if anything gets to court. I think the legalities will be sorted out through DSR's legal counsel and the other parties legal reps.

It's disappointing as it wastes money and delays us getting a safe track.
    Likes ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott52 View Post
    I've spoken with DSR. I'd be really surprised if anything gets to court. I think the legalities will be sorted out through DSR's legal counsel and the other parties legal reps.

It's disappointing as it wastes money and delays us getting a safe track.
    Like most things in business it may unfortunately come down to not who is right but who has the most money to spend on lawyers.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Thruxton 2010 SE, CBR600RR Trackie (ex-Aaiden)
    Liked
    1027 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Like most things in business it may unfortunately come down to not who is right but who has the most money to spend on lawyers.

Or both.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mm... A bridge ...you say ... ahh "Oran Park" .... the good ol' days

All bikes...all cars , even formula 5000 oh wow !!!! goose bumps just thinkin' about it....

The point is a great track, with modern safety updates is required..

And people with foresight , professional skills & honest and moral approach--transparent financials..and hopefully some racing bones in their bodies has the final say.

I might add heartfelt thanks for being a person just like that Scott52...and those gathering to support you...more than good luck is needed now...;-)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on MSWA Scott?

Motorbike
    2007 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    945 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on MSWA Scott?

Only what I read on their FB site Tim. I haven't spoken to John Clark for over a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Back to the actual track...is there a chance of a bridge to make it even right/left handers?
    Stephan ... perhaps a "bridge too far"

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only what I read on their FB site Tim. I haven't spoken to John Clark for over a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Stephan ... perhaps a "bridge too far"
    Can't say I'm surprised at the way the announcement was worded. A sorry chapter in wa motorsport. Let's hope we can now work together for mutual benefit.

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So MSWA has gone into voluntary liquidation.

Anyone care to explain why?
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Motorbike
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MEDIA ANNOUNCEMENT:

It is with great regret that the former Directors of Motor Sport WA Limited announce that the company has been placed into Member’s Voluntary Liquidation. This follows extensive legal and other professional advice and consideration by the Directors regarding our options in the face of ongoing threatened legal action on the part of WASCC and our current financial position and outlook. The Board’s view was that it was not in a financial position to defend the threatened action without risking insolvency, was not able to ignore the action without risking a costs claim that could trigger insolvency and not able to comply with demands to sign an unacceptable Deed of Settlement that would place unjustified obligations on individual Directors and hand control of the company to WASCC. The latter outcome would be in clear contravention of the objectives and Constitution of MSWA to establish an independent and broadly representative body committed to the development and management of new motorsports facilities in WA. This left the directors in a position where the only responsible course of action for them to take was to wind up the company while it was still solvent.

Our advice in relation to WASCC’s threatened claim was that our defence was more likely to succeed than fail had we the funds to proceed. The former Directors were very conscious that defending this action would potentially take $80,000 – $100,000 out of the sport - irrespective of which party was ultimately successful in the litigation - leaving the lawyers the only winners. Those monies could be better spent on new and safer facilities for motorsport in WA. We took a number of steps to try and avoid this outcome, including participating in a reconciliation process with WASCC through a third party. Unfortunately, these actions were unsuccessful.

WASCC’s obvious strategy was to obtain control of MSWA for the purpose of controlling motorsports facilities in WA in clear contravention of the objectives and Constitution of MSWA. MSWA in its initial stages of development had no tangible assets and the progress and goodwill that it had generated toward the development of new facilities was founded on its independence and the strength and experience of its team. MSWA never sought to threaten WASCC. We were hopeful of cooperating with WASCC, but we were always respectful of the fact that this outcome needed to be at a time and on terms that were mutually acceptable to MSWA and the members of WASCC.

It is important to note that each of the former Directors believes in the vision of expanded and independently managed motorsport facilities in WA, as first articulated by DSR in 2006. We are also proud of the progress that has been made toward this vision in the last 12 months, with clarity now around an effective governance model and business plans and progress on access to future sites in Wanneroo and Albany. Of greater value has been the development of an extensive and rapidly expanding support base for the concept across the state, as evidenced both by our recent Affiliate Members meeting and the astoundingly rapid growth in support on MSWA’s social media site. Each of the former Directors has expressed a desire to continue to find ways to support their vision of managed motorsport facilities in WA but that will not be through the MSWA platform. To the extent that WASCC wishes to promote its own vision of managed motorsport facilities in WA, it is of course free to do so.

The former Directors and support team would like to thank the many individuals and organisations that have supported MSWA. Motorsport in WA, as exciting as it is, is not yet even close to reaching its potential in the state. It can be a source of entertainment and personal challenge for even more participants. It can offer even greater opportunities for training and participation for our youth. It can support even greater local industry growth in a wide range of disciplines including vehicle design, fabrication, materials science, data acquisition and hospitality. It can play a significant role in driving greater domestic and international tourism. Most importantly, it can deliver a safer, more professionally presented and more family oriented experience for its participants than it currently does. However to achieve these outcomes the sport needs to take a broader and longer term view. It needs to be more efficient and focused with its capital investment and it needs to present a more compelling proposition to its potential sources of funding, including the general public. Fortunately there are many across the industry who understand these issues and continue to push toward this potential.

Motorbike
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something stinks in here.
    Likes Sprint, =Maz=, BikeONE, BillyBoof, Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    945 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I'm surprised at the way the announcement was worded. A sorry chapter in wa motorsport. Let's hope we can now work together for mutual benefit.

The motorcycle sports community have been trying for over thirty years to improve safety for motorcyclists. It's a lost cause.

I'll be freighting my GSXR750 to Malaysia to join the other WA bikes now stored at that facility. There's a growing army of us. I think there are about 6 or 7 West Aussie bikes up there now. Unless Barbagallo is upgraded I'll only ride there a couple of times per year.
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The motorcycle sports community have been trying for over thirty years to improve safety for motorcyclists. It's a lost cause.

I'll be freighting my GSXR750 to Malaysia to join the other WA bikes now stored at that facility. There's a growing army of us. I think there are about 6 or 7 West Aussie bikes up there now. Unless Barbagallo is upgraded I'll only ride there a couple of times per year.
    Why not renew efforts to cooperate with the wascc? I did say I hoped the mc community weren't going to back the wrong horse. I just hope DSR haven't been too badly burned by this and will still help fund improvements.

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes wascc the gods Tim?
    Why do we have to go through them? Too many of the members opinions stink. They make it pretty clear we are more hassle that it's worth to them..
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post
    Something stinks in here.
    Absolutely.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    What makes wascc the gods Tim?
    Why do we have to go through them? Too many of the members opinions stink. They make it pretty clear we are more hassle that it's worth to them..
    They built, "own" and run the track. Therefore it's them you need to negotiate with. Simple really.

Motorbike
    2007 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    945 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not renew efforts to cooperate with the wascc? I did say I hoped the mc community weren't going to back the wrong horse. I just hope DSR haven't been too badly burned by this and will still help fund improvements.

I was told by a reliable source a Manager at the circuit referred to my son's death and my mates son's death as ... "Too bad, so sad". Last I heard he was still there.

When you have psychopathic personalities infesting an organisation what hope is there?

For those who don't know, a psychopathic personality has no empathy. What a normal person views as a distressing or emotional event is only something of curiosity and interest for the Psychopath.
    Last edited by Scott52; 24-09-2016 at 08:06 PM.