98 r1
    Liked
    796 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trey Gowdy???? Holy fuck we truly are through the looking glass.

I guess that explains why you hate Hillary so much even though he managed to either a) Completely fuck up that whole investigation and interrogation, or there was no crime committed in the first place.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"
    Likes Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Cannot resist strawman bait... Replying to Politix...

The US Government perpetrated a huge lie that the attack on the US Embassy resulted from the escalation of a spontaneous protest by locals at the release of the video "Innocence of Muslims".

When in reality, the US Government knew it was a planned attack by another one of those Islamist groups that seem to infest that part of the earth.
    Replying to bait.Who defunded security for the embassy? That was Republican.

Seriously, a debate about the sanity, reputation, character of the current POTUS puts the reputation of ANY prior candidate into the irrelevant category. It's a classic distracting move to focus on past behaviours (and Hillary is not POTUS) rather than the shite going down now.
    Clearly there is a deranged narcissist in the White House. The latest press conference confirmed his support for racist cunts as his base. There is nothing "strawman" about this debate at all sadly as it's not about past players but who is acting now and their support.

Also ask yourself why "Islamist groups that seem to infest that part of the earth" exist and expand (one could make some radical assumptions about them being aggressive/frustrated young men without a sense or hope of a satisfying/average/peaceful future - aaaannnnd a long discussion about religion in it's more fundamental hierarchical forms as a control mechanism)

I won't completely dis a religious belief. Buddhist and Hindu philosophy is pretty complex and profound. And Jesus was way cool, but doesn't get quoted much these days

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skut View Post
    Replying to bait.Who defunded security for the embassy? That was Republican.
    This is not correct. For 2 reasons.

Even doubling the staffing for the security detail at the Benghazi embassy outpost would have made no difference other than the deaths of more people. The outpost was attacked by a heavily armed overwhelming force (120 assailants) in a well planned attack, rapidly executed.

The security level in Libya was reduced as the official US Government position was that post revolutionary Libya was normalising.

This article gives a reasonable overview. Specially chosen from an AltRight media source

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tack-challenge

Placing the timeline in the context of the lead up to the 2012 US presidential election, makes the coverup more disgusting.

As to the other stuff…

Clinton v Trump? Difficult question and very entertaining. My response was simply to expand on the shan reference to Benghazi and the strawman argument that it was about Republican defunding.

The US extreme political left and right are scarily indistinguishable. Funnily enough, I always saw Trump as “left” and Clinton as “right”. Trump may press the button. Clinton would have perpetrated that Huxley soma ooze. Outcome the same. Suppressed humanity.

Religion is bad. Mkay? If treated as mythology, it can be culturally and historically interesting, beautiful, and awe inspiring. Sadly it is still not and that’s why it’s bad. Cults, the lot of them.

Start a religion thread and I’ll join in. The antitheist POV. Let’s face it, Jesus was purely a fictional character but Revelations exciting SciFi. The fat man under the tree went on a lot about the path of suffering with the reincarnation lottery. That Prophet that cannot be named knew how to motivate people. Scimitar anyone? Hindus and the Karma Sutra – well yeah! Bring it on.
    Try the quiz - http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/quiz.php
    Likes shan, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    This is not correct. For 2 reasons.

Even doubling the staffing for the security detail at the Benghazi embassy outpost would have made no difference other than the deaths of more people. The outpost was attacked by a heavily armed overwhelming force (120 assailants) in a well planned attack, rapidly executed.

The security level in Libya was reduced as the official US Government position was that post revolutionary Libya was normalising.

This article gives a reasonable overview. Specially chosen from an AltRight media source

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tack-challenge

Placing the timeline in the context of the lead up to the 2012 US presidential election, makes the coverup more disgusting.

As to the other stuff…

Clinton v Trump? Difficult question and very entertaining. My response was simply to expand on the shan reference to Benghazi and the strawman argument that it was about Republican defunding.

The US extreme political left and right are scarily indistinguishable. Funnily enough, I always saw Trump as “left” and Clinton as “right”. Trump may press the button. Clinton would have perpetrated that Huxley soma ooze. Outcome the same. Suppressed humanity.

Religion is bad. Mkay? If treated as mythology, it can be culturally and historically interesting, beautiful, and awe inspiring. Sadly it is still not and that’s why it’s bad. Cults, the lot of them.

Start a religion thread and I’ll join in. The antitheist POV. Let’s face it, Jesus was purely a fictional character but Revelations exciting SciFi. The fat man under the tree went on a lot about the path of suffering with the reincarnation lottery. That Prophet that cannot be named knew how to motivate people. Scimitar anyone? Hindus and the Karma Sutra – well yeah! Bring it on.
    I am not going to argue with anything you have said.

Outcome the same? Suppressed humanity? I think those outcomes are playing out as we speak (post) and some is being echoed here in our own country. Relative "truth" is now a thing to capitalise on (and more readily monetised these days) but the clear disintegration of the Trump experiment is hopefully reinforcing lessons history has taught before. The false equivalency argument is the most dangerous as it leads to apathy in a democracy, as does condemning activism.

Motorbike
    Ducati Diavel Dark, Kawasaki ZX14SE, ST1300 Police
    Liked
    430 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh God.......

That was hard to watch.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=41b_1504293479

Likes Skut liked this post

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
    Oh God.......

That was hard to watch.

1 like = 1 prayer 😂
    Well since his 'Good News about Trump' deliverer quit he's now getting people to praise him publicly.
    PS: I couldn't watch more than a few mins, especially after his "all these lovely people" comment.

Last edited by Kristy; 03-09-2017 at 01:34 AM.
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

- Milhouse Van Houten

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
    Oh God.......

That was hard to watch.

That was just bizarre. I actually thought it was some faked up shit for moment, but no. And this happens in the presidency of the most powerful nation on the planet, the same people that condemn religious fundamentalism when it involves other "faiths". The US has fostered people and ideas that have changed the world (both for better and for worse) but I think they are reaching a critical mass of stupid.

Peak stupid and post-truth = the end of a functional democracy.
    Last edited by Skut; 04-09-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who was the last Atheist president?
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    RZ250
    Liked
    2138 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The difference is nuance, the best you can hope for a nation founded by Puritans.

Motorbike
    98 r1
    Liked
    796 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The current one is. He is just such a spineless fuck, he knows the only people dumb enough to believe his bullshit are the same ones dumb enough to believe an evangelical preachers bullshit.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"