Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotalot View Post
    No rumour! All the journos I've seen reviewing the Superleggera are saying this is the ultimate Panigale before the new V4. I've even heard Ducati race teams talking about it in interview but the Pani might have a year or 2 to go before she morphs into something else. From various sources I've read and heard the V4 is just more efficient with Honda already having made one they will introduce next year or the one after. The V4 dimensions aren't a whole lot bigger than the Pani, she'll just have bigger hips. ;-)
    https://www.thrustzone.com/ducati-v4...-images-specs/

Ducati are coming with something meaner and more powerful, yes you heard it right more power. Replacing the Ducati 1299 Panigale will be the all new Ducati V4 superbike. The bike will make its global debut at the 2017 EICMA motorcycle show. Ducati is thinking of introducing the engine which has been developed and constructed like a MotoGP engine to regular customers as it is a masterpiece of engineering

The engine is very light, very reliable, compact and carries a lot of interesting technology. The Ducati V4 will be a mass-made model rather than a limited edition bike just like the older GP replica, the Desmosedici RR. The V4 motor will be based on the Desmosedici V4 engine which powers the MotoGP machine and also the Superquadro V-twin engine. Reports have also been saying that the newly created mean machine will possess the same frameless chassis design as seen on the Panigale with headstock, swingarm and the tail section directly connecting to the powerplant. The bike will be available and sold to customers at a reasonable or premium price.

The Ducati V4 will not be an exotic bike like the Desmosedici, but an extravagant sports bike. Its quite hard to jot the visual difference between the new V4 and the Panigale 1299 as the bike has been well disguised. The tail section, under-belly exhaust muffler and one sided swingarm have been moved further giving the bike a more aggressive riding posture.

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_oau View Post
    So I'm assuming the one on a superleggera wouldn't be that basic and bad?
    You would hope so...

But Italian's aren't known for their cutting edge reliability, and when there is a known fault, (MV Agusta I'm looking your way with your soft cheese rear wheel bearings, from he S right up to the CC) they simply accept it as part of the way the bike just is. Again for the amount of coin one would hand over for this sexy bit of kit should demand everything being perfect, not that I can see (m)any of these bikes being used in anger.

Luckily Ducati is currently under Audi ownership so at least for the first time in the company's history they would have a QA/QC department, hopefully not run by a German vac student shit-faced on cheap grappa. But it appears that since Audi took over the Italians actually concentrated on their work in the factory over cultivating back hair, eating sausage and being rapey towards the women.

Now that it's going back to Harley Davidson, I hold a far graver outlook to its future as once again Ducati is being passed around like a girl in Liquids nightclub and when the music stops the last guy with his fingers in gets the child support payments. Ducati going back to Harley is very much like a pretty girl running back into the arms of the overly abusive tattooed fatty that used to beat her.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    Honda '14 CBR500R, '04 CBR600RR, 80' CB750FZ
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate has a 2012 Panigale, S model. Turn it into Race mode and Dash Display tells you that the ABS is only working on the Front wheel. So they seem to have 'side stepped' that issue a little while back.
    ABS is working it's way into the top echelon's of Motorsport, but the systems are a lot more advanced than what you're seeing in most road cars.

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gareth_oau View Post
    but I'd be curious to know why they hate it?

sure, I understand that these old school guys are clearly so damned good they dont even need brakes, let alone ABS, but for the vast majority of riders, apart from a couple of extra kgs, I cant see what all the angst is about
    my issue is that is can only perform functions that a good rider can do.

you have two wheels, and two brakes. you have total control.

add in a computer, and there can be unwanted interference.
    it has the ability to release the brakes as it sees fit, even if that is detrimental to your situation.

cars are very different as with 4 wheels and only 1 brake (many modern cars can not use the handbrake while moving) the ECU can perform much more complex movements than you ever could.
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1299 Panigale R Final Edition

Motorbike
    DRZ400SM, ZX10R
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is one sexy Italian, i don't even like ducatis. but i could defiantly run a thick gold chain and get the chest hair out for this one

even found the shoes i would wear on my way to dome
    Last edited by Hillz; 11-07-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon its the fugly edition
    RiDe F@sT.. HaVe F).. PlAy Ld
    Likes BrettH liked this post

Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Price in the UK is 35k versus their Panigale R at 29k.

So, assuming Australian prices are proportionate, you could expect a Final Edition here for circa $57k