Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sixofthebest View Post
    Detail, shmetail. It's obviously so much easier to complain about how motorcycling should be dangerous than do any serious lobbying for real money... the myopia in this thread is unbelievable. Everyone's throwing their toys out of the cot crying "but I want to race now!!!". Rather than seeing the huge opportunity in front of them here to properly setup motorcycle (and car) racing in WA for the next generations a la Motorplex.

It's not just in this thread either - that email shows the relevant industry bodies are equally lacking in imagination or creativity in getting money out of both levels of government. I strongly suggest not signing that petition - the idiots who came up with it deserve to lose their jobs. So busy playing with themselves they can't see more than a foot in front of them.

Oh well, I'm out - good luck fellas...
    Which petition?
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    Which petition?
    The one to reopen the track without fixing it first
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.
    Likes sixofthebest, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one titled "Swift & safe return of motorcycle rider training, coaching and competition to Barbagallo."?

With this line summarising what action is desired "I call upon the Minister for Sport and Recreation and the Director General of the Department of Sport and Recreation, to work with key user groups to develop a structured plan to ensure the swift implementation of the required safety controls to facilitate the return and ongoing future health of motorcycle rider training, coaching and competition at Barbagallo Raceway."?

Likes sixofthebest, potato, Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sixofthebest Why should riders/people not sign that petition?

filbert I don't see where it suggests opening the track without actioning any of the reports recommendations...
    Last edited by SomeBloke; 24-11-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Motorcycling is dangerous
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because that could take years, or not at all.
    Look at all the failed proposals of a new track over the past decade , including RAC Closure.
    Our governing body hasnt been behind any of those except the Pinjarra one we were asked to campaign with signatures and funding for..... went nowhere.

Motorcycling is dangerous, we sign the dotted line to our governing body,
    Our governing body is funded by us participating.
    The latest incident had nothing to do with the track, *with respect, i didnt ask details, or know this till 2 days ago*
    The inquest into track safety was always going to close the track for us.
    Foot 》bullet》shoot.

Wont be surprused if developer deals have already been done and its houses in 2 yrs.

Each user must question personal choice to ride there, strongly recommend reading MOMs cover to cover
    .... I love the place, keeps me off the streets. 1200km trip to swing a leg over a bike, planned to do it another few hundred times.
    Interstate riders love the place.

Ill be handing in my numberplate tomorrow and continue building my new track bike from the showroom floor even if it becomes a loungeroom ornament or gets ridden interstate once a year.
    Last edited by Aufitt; 24-11-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Ride Smarter
    We Need our Track Back.
    Likes Tim the PM, TurboR1 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The petition is specifically asking for a structured plan to see the sport and training return as quickly as possible. We aren't asking for a new track or anything else. Only that any work and planning for Barbs happens quickly.

I race there and accept the dangers but I would be stupid if I didn't support making the track potentially safer for myself. I'm young and the last thing I want is to become paralysed or die from something that could have been changed.

For example, moving the walls away is one part of the puzzle that won't effect how great of a track in the slightest, but it will significantly decrease the seriousness and incident rate of wall collisions.

Likes anreV11, Tim the PM, Arwon liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now i am confused.....It would seem that when something bad...is taken away from you....

You then start to believe that "it's not that bad..." ie...toothache..? "Yeh I could've had it out but I hate needles"

"i'll just have one more beer... and I live just around the corner want a lift..?"

" those noisy neighbours, they've moved out...Now I can have the stereo up full blast.."

" You know that road we used to race home from work on..? they have speed cameras' there now."

"there was a racetrack , just north of perth....cars and bikes raced on ..it was great....so many huge stacks' I love takin the kids' there.."

The last thing I want to do is cheapen the memory of fallen riders'.....when will we get a track?

Where will that track be.? How many clubs will have working rights at the venue..?

ok ok the point..??

I am trying to say this...

Racing is a controlled sport. It has rules, stringent laws. Global affiliations. real shit. not petty blame games. for political gain..

This is reality... and needs to be taken very seriously ... Losing Barbs as a motorcycle venue , for what and whoever and all the company's and businesses that use it..

Needs to be addressed.

A large group of individuals (sic) meet as one at every or any event...... sometimes they have fun.

Agenda is a redundant ..... There needs to be action...movement....anger and forethought.

Wascc.... MA....and ALL the patrons including the relevant financial supporters need to share the same space and come to and accord.

Be it closing the track and developing it for housing.... or going the full retard and spending some Gov. Sport n Rec funds to protect the future of the space.the rights of riders and the future of the sport.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Liked
    33 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 66 View Post
    Riders have been choosing to ride this track with all the associated risks
    << Implying riders had a choice...

Fix Barbagallo
    Extend Collie
    Build another training facility like RAC in Kwinana with a bigger track, maybe more elevation changes

Motorbike
    A fast one.
    Liked
    3461 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wut?
    The greatest excitement comes from besting who you were yesterday.

Motorbike
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2017 ASBK Calendar.
    Round 1: World Superbike Championship, Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit VIC, February 23-26
    Round 2: Wakefield Park Raceway, Goulburn NSW, March 17-19
    Round 3: Winton Motor Raceway, Benalla VIC, April 28-30
    Round 4: TBC, June
    Round 5: Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick QLD, August 25-27
    Round 6: SMSP, Eastern Creek NSW, September 8-10
    Round 7: Phillip Island Grand Prix Cuircut VIC, October 6-8
    With more exciting announcements to be made in the coming weeks the 2017 Australian Superbike Championship is shaping up to be bigger and better than an already successful 2016 season.
    Ride Smarter
    We Need our Track Back.

Motorbike
    2014 Valkyrie
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    sixofthebest Why should riders/people not sign that petition?
    Because it's just small thinking. The message should say "track is unsafe - has been for years - we need a new one or at very minimum substantial upgrades - it will cost lots of $$$ but at the end of the day this is DSR's / State govt politicians' problem for letting it getting to this point through so much under funding for so many years so riders have had to use such an unsafe facility for so long - too many have already died as a result of State govt negligence here (some of those deaths could definitely have been avoided with a better facility from where I sit). Rub their noses in these facts and the $$$ will flow - both State and Federal.

Go begging, cap in hand, for permission to just move some tyre walls around so you can get back to earning the few shekels you get from fees ASAP and that is exactly what you will get. There has never been a better time for thinking big, right before an election where the govt is sweating razor blades in these electorates. This is lobbying 101... far more change has been made from far less justification in the past. The governing bodies involved just have to think outside their day-to-day little bubbles... they're clearly too worried about their own potential liability to point out that, at the end of the day from the POV of the man on the street, it's the govt who should ensure this stuff is safe for the community to use and that WA should have a facility at least to the same standard as other States.

Motorbike
    Battered 2006 R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a reply email from DSR today saying *quote* "the department is committed to the development of an independent body that represents the interests of all motorsport enthusiasts to manage motorsport facilities in WA."

Wasnt the whole independent body idea shot down not too long ago, MSWA or something?
    Likes Benzo liked this post

Motorbike
    Japanese
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anreV11 View Post
    Got a reply email from DSR today saying *quote* "the department is committed to the development of an independent body that represents the interests of all motorsport enthusiasts to manage motorsport facilities in WA."
    The people that run Barbs won't like that!

Quote Originally Posted by anreV11 View Post
    Wasnt the whole independent body idea shot down not too long ago, MSWA or something?
    Yup.

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought a specific group was shot down for trying to set an independent body because of "Intellectual Property" theft. Whatever the fuck that means.

An independent body you would think would have representatives from different disciplines of motor sport not all from the same club.

I am unsure of the accuracy of some of the above statements as the reporting was as vague as it gets.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I thought a specific group was shot down for trying to set an independent body because of "Intellectual Property" theft. Whatever the fuck that means.

An independent body you would think would have representatives from different disciplines of motor sport not all from the same club.

I am unsure of the accuracy of some of the above statements as the reporting was as vague as it gets.
    Theres plenty of specific info around if you want to look. In fact Thomas spelt it out fairly clearly i thought

sent from my pos Android phone so apologies if it makes no sense.

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyway thats history now thankfully and all evidence suggests that, as I previously said, wascc and mcrc/mwa are happy to cooperate, it was only outside stirrers trying to create antagonism

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Theres plenty of specific info around if you want to look. In fact Thomas spelt it out fairly clearly i thought

No, Thomas talked in riddles as well, personally I find politics pathetic and childish. This whole saga smacks of exactly that, politics.

A safer track please and all will be forgotten, a new track and I will yell my thanks from the rooftops.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes SomeBloke, Stephan liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post

As chew said, Thomas talked in riddles as well and as it turned out, was pushing his own agenda for his CAMS bid...
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    A Big V4 Ape.
    Liked
    166 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the MCRCWA website

DSR Report re Barbagallo Raceway

25/11/2016
    Dear Members,
    Here is a few words regarding getting back on track for 2017.
    Yesterday as many of you are aware DSR, WASCC and Motorcycling WA met to discuss the Hall Report. We are pleased to report that progress is being made but further meetings need to take place with WASCC before the required safety improvements will be made. Plans are underway already to upgrade certain areas during the month of January.
    The WASCC have confirmed that our dates for 2017 still stand. WASCC have indicated they want the return of bikes to Barbagallo Raceway. They are currently working with the Department of Sport & Recreation (DSR) on what safety improvements will satisfy both them & the DSR for this to happen. It has only been a few weeks and the level of planning for change does take time, so please, be patient.
    What is vitally important is we continue to plan our 2017 season “business as usual”. We will still be having our AGM on the 7th December at the Clubrooms and appointing office bearers and committees for 2017 so please come along. Can I ask that you don’t lose faith, renew your race licenses, renew your membership and continue to support our great club. Sure, we have had a summer holiday imposed on us but after the year we have had I think a break is an opportunity to recharge our weary batteries. The bar on Friday nights will still be open. If you are in the area please pop in and say hi, the drinks are cheaper than any other place around and we need your support now more than ever.
    I know it is tough but try and not to be sucked in by mainstream media and also social media. Things are said and twisted to ‘make’ a story and often reported by the ill-informed and over-opinionated. What I can promise you is I will keep members up to date with any progress via our website and Facebook pages. So, if you haven’t ‘liked’ us on Facebook make sure you jump on board.
    Finally please don’t ring the club or Denise & Michele for any updates, these will come from either me or MWA/MA.

If I don’t see you at the AGM then please have a safe Christmas and New Year. Don’t forget to renew your membership.

Take Care
    Paul Castling

MCRCWA President
    - - - Updated - - -

And the MWA

On Wednesday, 23rd November 2016, Motorcycling Western Australia met with Motorcycling Australia, Department of Sport and Recreation, the report author Chris Hall, CAMS, the City of Wanneroo and the West Australian Sporting Car Club to work on a plan to have the return of motorcycles to Barbagallo.With the release of a report commissioned by DSR, the WASCC has suspended all motorcycle activity as a precaution while the detail of the report can be studied.
    The meeting which had been arranged after much work during the previous weeks was very positive, with all parties committing to ensure the track reopened at the earliest time possible.
    The result of the meeting was a series of actions to mitigate risks identified with the aim to have motorcycles return for non-racing activities in the short term, and for racing prior to the start of next season.
    A further meeting with the WASCC is being planned for next week where some of the detail will be worked out and timelines put in place.

CEO of MWA Rick Gill said “It is too early to specify a date for re-opening, but with the willingness of everyone to work towards a common goal of getting bikes back I am sure we will resolve quickly a good plan of action. We will know more next week”.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Motorbike
    Liked
    1557 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can PSB get together and put $100 each up?
    and possibly make our fat contollers listen?

Im happy to eat noodles for a fortnight.
    Would we get to 1000 x $100?
    Ride Smarter
    We Need our Track Back.