User Tag List

Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    Not sure how you can understand Rins though he really didn't deserve a factory ride after his moto2 performances.

Edit just googled it, rookie rule was in effect from 2010-2012.
    Rins' record:
    Moto 3
    2012: 5th
    2013: 2nd
    2014: 3rd

Moto 2
    2015: 2nd
    2016: 3rd

He adapted very quickly to Moto2 and was in with a shot both years of winning the championship - even in his rookie year. In 2016 he fell away towards the end of the season otherwise was definitely a contender. How quickly he adapted to moto2 was probably a consideration for his motoGP progression. Most take at least half a season to see any decent, and consistent results (the superstars that is).

Re: rookie rule - ah, around 2010 is when I started watching motoGP.

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh.

Link to the stupidly large version for Para045... https://i.imgur.com/2FK5exO.png
    Last edited by Prefectionist; 29-03-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving Dear George, but feel it could turn nasty(ier) at some point. One of the lines was the Germans are happy with Folger but not with George. The Germans could have bought Folger, Zarco and a few others for the price they're paying George and put them on Ducati's I like how Boris paints George as an excitable, egotistical little kid.

Couldn't sleep Sunday night/Monday morning so ended up watching the race live through blurry eyes... might have to rewatch.

Oh and got lappy issue sorted - adobe flash was disabled. Change of plan doesn't seem to have made any difference to speed - still abysmal according to speedtest.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Oh and got lappy issue sorted - adobe flash was disabled. Change of plan doesn't seem to have made any difference to speed - still abysmal according to speedtest.
    Ah don't you hate it when it's something simple like that
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I'm not on my phone, I've realised that the image I posted is "fucking huge."

I'll... go ahead and fix that now. If I can.

Motorbike
    2003 R6 Road bike; 2008 R6 Race bike
    Liked
    154 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's better.
    "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    That's better.
    Yeah, it looked fine on my phone. Got home and had a "WTF" moment.
    Likes SomeBloke liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Yeah, it looked fine on my phone. Got home and had a "WTF" moment.
    Eh I can't see it now!

#1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rins' record:
    Moto 3
    2012: 5th
    2013: 2nd
    2014: 3rd

Moto 2
    2015: 2nd
    2016: 3rd

He adapted very quickly to Moto2 and was in with a shot both years of winning the championship - even in his rookie year. In 2016 he fell away towards the end of the season otherwise was definitely a contender. How quickly he adapted to moto2 was probably a consideration for his motoGP progression. Most take at least half a season to see any decent, and consistent results (the superstars that is).

Re: rookie rule - ah, around 2010 is when I started watching motoGP.
    It's not that he's a bad rider but compare him to others who jumped straight onto a factory bike. He was lucky that he signed with Suzuki so early in the year considering how badly he choked.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why there is the idea Vin can't battle with 'the best of them'. He has come through moto3, moto2 and his whole racing life battling.

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that he's a bad rider but compare him to others who jumped straight onto a factory bike. He was lucky that he signed with Suzuki so early in the year considering how badly he choked.
    Yeah he choked in the second half of last year (or was it just a bad run?) but look at Folger and Lowes - Sir-Bin-Their-Shit-Alots; at least Rins largely stays on. Folger and Rins got signed early, so did Smith. Anyway, Rins is still doing better than Tits Rabat (thanks Boris )

Liked
    973 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonky View Post
    I don't understand why there is the idea Vin can't battle with 'the best of them'. He has come through moto3, moto2 and his whole racing life battling.
    IMO

Because Moto3 and Moto2 aren't MotoGP.
    Entirely different styles. Whilst the flow of racing in the minor categories may have given him a better chance, the change in MotoGP doesn't seem to agree with him so much.

For the last two years we've seen him on a very capable bike - and whilst with a clear track in front of him he could certainly catch a rider (and not usually one we would consider to be 'the best'), that's where he stayed, because he wasn't aggressive enough to overtake them - and subsequently had the pleasure of watching the leaders disappear into the distance.

Maybe he hasn't yet developed the strength he needs - which makes sense.
    On a clear track when he can smooth it out - he's fast.
    When you need to grip the bars like an adolescent discovering a hardon AND make a pass - he doesn't appear to have the strength or endurance.

I'm not saying he doesn't or won't have the ability, but that right now, he doesn't.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he choked in the second half of last year (or was it just a bad run?) but look at Folger and Lowes - Sir-Bin-Their-Shit-Alots; at least Rins largely stays on. Folger and Rins got signed early, so did Smith. Anyway, Rins is still doing better than Tits Rabat (thanks Boris )
    Don't get me started on Tito Kristy. Karel Abraham is probably going to wipe the floor with Tito and I expect once the KTMs get up to speed they probably will too despite their riders not being overly talented as Zarco and Folgers rookie results this year. His moto2 championship was truely right place, right time after all the top guys from moto2 had moved on.

I think I have a bias against Rins because because of the entitled attitude he showed last war refusing satellite Honda and Yamaha seats despite not having the results or record to demand a factory ride. My issue with him is he acts like he is the same class as MV, MM, DP, JL, VR, CS etc but at his age(he turns 22 this year) all except for Vinales(who won a MotoGP race by this time) were multiple time world championships or a premier class world title.

I just think that Suzuki had better options than Rins showed to be last year and I do believe if Rins does have the goods(and I'm very doubtful) he will do a Vinaeles and get out of Suzuki ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    IMO

Because Moto3 and Moto2 aren't MotoGP.
    Entirely different styles. Whilst the flow of racing in the minor categories may have given him a better chance, the change in MotoGP doesn't seem to agree with him so much.

For the last two years we've seen him on a very capable bike - and whilst with a clear track in front of him he could certainly catch a rider (and not usually one we would consider to be 'the best'), that's where he stayed, because he wasn't aggressive enough to overtake them - and subsequently had the pleasure of watching the leaders disappear into the distance.

Maybe he hasn't yet developed the strength he needs - which makes sense.
    On a clear track when he can smooth it out - he's fast.
    When you need to grip the bars like an adolescent discovering a hardon AND make a pass - he doesn't appear to have the strength or endurance.

I'm not saying he doesn't or won't have the ability, but that right now, he doesn't.
    He definitely made some good moves on Dovi at Qatar which does show he's capable but Dovi isn't Marquez or Rossi. Dovi was on a terrible handling bike with grip issues and isn't known for his ability to battle for a win, I would argue he's known for his lack of ability to do that honestly.

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems the last round the contentious penalty points system was given the flick.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “KTM said that they want to be fighting to win the title in three years…”

That’s the goal according to Red Bull KTM Factory Racing rider Pol Espargaro, as the Spaniard spoke to motogp.com ahead of the #ArgentinaGP.
    It's nice to have goals I suppose, but thats asking a lot. Pol isn't as confident as KTM are:
    Pol Espargaro: “For me that looks so difficult and almost impossible, but I’m going to trust them.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    It's nice to have goals I suppose, but thats asking a lot. Pol isn't as confident as KTM are:
    They'll need new riders then. Smith and Pol aren't going anywhere near a title. Folger and Zarco(as Spies, Crutchlow and Dovi did before them) are showing how good the tech 3 package is. Smith and Pol weren't able to do anything on the bike.

Don't underestimate KTM with Red Bulls backing. Red Bull does have the money and the facilities to challenge Honda and Yamaha.

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll need new riders then. Smith and Pol aren't going anywhere near a title. Folger and Zarco(as Spies, Crutchlow and Dovi did before them) are showing how good the tech 3 package is. Smith and Pol weren't able to do anything on the bike.

Don't underestimate KTM with Red Bulls backing. Red Bull does have the money and the facilities to challenge Honda and Yamaha.
    I'd love for KTM to prove me wrong, I just don't think it will happen unless Yamaha and Honda start to go backwards in their development. With new riders, I can see them getting a few podiums, maybe even a race win here or there, but not the championship.

While Red Bull can throw a decent chunk of change at this, so can Yamaha and Honda, but KTM also have to bridge the gap between them and the Jap bikes first.

Ducati are also hoping for a championship in the next 2 years, and they won't be backing down from that with how much money they're pumping into the bike and George.

It'll be a hard fight for KTM if they really want to get it in 3 years.

Motorbike
    BMW K1300 GT
    Liked
    80 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argentina here we go, will Vin do it again? Certainly the favs here are the Hondas and Yammies, will be an interesting race...................

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep agreed however my moneys on Dovi. I think this is the race last year onion lost it and took both ducs out while they were leading. His form last week says hes in good shape.

Wonder if the crazy french guy will rip it up again? Would love to see it.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simmrr View Post
    Yep agreed however my moneys on Dovi. I think this is the race last year onion lost it and took both ducs out while they were leading. His form last week says hes in good shape.

Wonder if the crazy french guy will rip it up again? Would love to see it.
    They weren't leading, Marquez was out in front in a race of his own.
    Likes Rhino liked this post