User Tag List

Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

Motorbike
    GSXR1000 - GSXR750
    Liked
    231 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    I find your lack of MotoGP discussion disturbing
    I can only read that in a Darth Vader voice ! :-P
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard today the race start is earlier than usual as to not clash with the F1 race. 'Check your local guides for details'
    And it's Sunday, not Saturday... but that's for another discussion! ;-)
    I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying lets remove all the warning lables and let the problem sort itself out...
    - Sarcasteacher

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaynus View Post
    Heard today the race start is earlier than usual as to not clash with the F1 race. 'Check your local guides for details'
    And it's Sunday, not Saturday... but that's for another discussion! ;-)
    5pm Moto3
    7pm MotoGP
    830pm Moto2

Motorbike
    BMW K1300 GT
    Liked
    80 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Dovi make it again? .........

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FP2 results. Vinales says he felt good from the get go. Marquez says the Honda is struggling with stability and the Yamaha riders are one step ahead.

Cold weather is going to screw Pedrosa hard this weekend I think. Won't be able to get heat in the tyres, although his light weight and cold track might allow him to use a soft rear?

Motorbike
    Bikeless
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing what a bit confidence does with both Dovi and Petrucci still up the pointy end i reckon Rossi for the win always does well here..

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrsism View Post
    Really now I think Jack needs to lose his loyalty to honda and head elsewhere. He wont get a hrc ride for another two yrs. And thats only if Peddler or skidMarqz head elsewhere. They're not likely to be pushed out as repsol would be happy to have two spanish riders onboard. Hes got to realise that the honeymoon is over and hes not a priority anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    Loyalty?

edit: Then I just saw this;

http://amcn.com.au/editorial/miller-set-suzuka-8-hours/

Jack Miller will join the Honda CBR1000RR factory squad for the 2017 Suzuka 8 Hours

Jack Miller will join the Honda CBR1000RR factory squad for the 2017 Suzuka 8 Hours, enabling him to cross the iconic endurance race off his bucket list. The deal, long-awaited by Miller, comes in the third and final year of his HRC contract in MotoGP.

“I’ve always wanted to do the 8 Hours and I asked Honda about doing it two years ago,” Miller said. “But this year I didn’t have to ask, they came to me which is a good sign. It was earlier in the season and I said sure I’m interested in doing it, and last I heard it’s all set to go.”

The Suzuka race on 30 July comes in the MotoGP summer break between the German and Czech GPs. The gig could also be a sign HRC is planning to retain Miller’s services in 2018.
    Commentators during FP3 were just saying that Miller has lost his HRC contract for 2018 with it going to Cal Crutchlow.

Motorbike
    honda CBR1100xx norton commando 850
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Miller has the best ride available and should stay put. It's been a regular thing that riders changing teams don't find a better team

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame for Miller really. He hasn't had great equipment and his conisistency at the end of last year and before being taken out by Bautista this year with his top 10 finishes was about as good as could be expected.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riders straight through to Q2 based on Q2 (dry) & Q3 (wet) combined practice times.

Vinales
    Folger
    Marquez
    Dovizioso
    Crutchlow
    Rossi
    Petrucci
    Zarco
    Bautista
    Pedrosa

But if you want to know how the riders went in the wet, here's FP3 results.

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you think Miller is a fair rider....?

Moto 3 Grade b..

Moto GP well...? OK when it's wet...and balls count for nothing..? Points count for everything..!

Dunno ..? I'd like to think JM is the "real deal" ...Yet I feel he's just making up the numbers.....

Post that on bookfuk.. Thinder... or whatever it is deemed Nec. To Motivate that " little man "

ANNND I'll call bullshit on tyres/machinery/timing/team politics...etc.

And if you want to judge....8 yrs of leading races/being a winner.... get a good bike /ride/team.... and what happens..... "he starts to read his critics" suddenly he's a fkn loser...

His Dad reckons he a GOAT. yeh but ....he means.." He's a goat......" 'all horns n hooves...'
    Last edited by GsxInShed; 24-06-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what would that mean for Miller then regarding the bike? Just lower spec without HRC money to throw at it, or is MarcVDS going to have to change to a different manufacturer?

And isnt Tito Rabat on the same bike, so what would happen there?

Or have I completely ballsed up my thinking here and it means Miler has lost his seat at MarcVDS? Ive never really given this much thought before regarding major sponsorships.
    Likes GsxInShed liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    So what would that mean for Miller then regarding the bike? Just lower spec without HRC money to throw at it, or is MarcVDS going to have to change to a different manufacturer?

And isnt Tito Rabat on the same bike, so what would happen there?

Or have I completely ballsed up my thinking here and it means Miler has lost his seat at MarcVDS? Ive never really given this much thought before regarding major sponsorships.
    Nah MarcVDS is free to keep Jack Miller on a Honda next season, it just means MarcVDS will be paying his salary. I highly doubt they will re-sign Tito Rabat. They've already told Franco Morbidelli he has a spot in the team in 2018 if he wins the Moto2 world championship (current championship leader). Which says to me they've already made plans to out Rabat.

Translated from Spanish, you get the idea.

Rabat is already in talks with satellite Ducati teams - there is talk of Avintia and Aspar - where he would have room to continue his journey MotoGP. There's also the possibility of WSBK , whereas a return to Moto2 is not on the cards at all.

Tito's dilemma is also made worse by the level being demonstrated by Franco Morbidelli in Moto2, where he leads the world championship. To the military in the Marc VDS, it would not be unreasonable to think that in 2018 he made the leap to MotoGP with the same structure and the title of the intermediate category under the arm. On the other hand, it is also known that HRC has told the Japanese Takaaki Nakagami that if he is among the top 3 in Moto2 in 2017, he will go up to MotoGP. Whatever happens, Rabat does well to move ahead of next year.
    http://www.autobild.es/noticias/tito...gp-2018-321359
    Likes Prefectionist, ReCon liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for clearing that up Speed Dealer.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morbidelli needs to get back into form if he wants Titos ride. The commentators were talking about it yesterday because what happens in Alex Marquez beats Morbidelli to the title? I do believe that Alex has did he wants to stay in moto2 for one more year though which would make their decision easier. From memory Morbidelli still has one year(after this year) left on his contract at MarcVDS.

I'm not sure what Cruthlow signing with LCR has to do with Miller though, the two are there for totally different reasons. MarcVDS has said they're keen to keep Miller around if he doesn't sign with HRC again. Machinery is absolutely worth talking about when Crutchlow who has ridden on a Yamaha, Ducati and Honda is on record saying equipment not talent is Millers problem. I would say he's in a good position to judge where Miller is at.

With every passing race it seems more unlikely that Nakagami will get a top 3 finish. If his contract in MotoGP is hinged on that, it's doubtful he will get a ride in the GP.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    I'm not sure what Cruthlow signing with LCR has to do with Miller though
    If Crutchlow hadn't received the HRC contract, he possibly would have gone elsewhere.

Here's what it has to do with Jack Miller...

I've got a direct quote for you from FP3 from Nick Harris.

"Difficult time for Jack Miller, obviously he's lost his HRC contract, that has gone to Cal Crutchlow, so MarcVDS considering the future, what are they going to do? What is Jack Miller going to do?"
    Last edited by Speed Dealer; 24-06-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam Lowe's Aprilia has blown up again.

Qualifying results (wet)

Zarco
    Marquez
    Petrucci
    Rossi
    Redding
    Folger
    Bautista
    Crutchlow
    Lowes
    Vinales
    Pedrosa
    Miller
    Baz
    A Espargaro
    Iannone
    Rins
    Abraham
    P Espargaro
    Barbera
    Lorenzo
    Smith
    Rabat

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Crutchlow hadn't received the HRC contract, he possibly would have gone elsewhere.

Here's what it has to do with Jack Miller...

I've got a direct quote for you from FP3 from Nick Harris.
    But in an earlier article HRC had said they were keen to keep both Miller and Crutchlow.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    But in an earlier article HRC had said they were keen to keep both Miller and Crutchlow.
    'Earlier'

That was before he publicly blasted them for providing him with 'shit' bikes.

The relationship between Jack Miller and Honda has become frosty in recent weeks. For proof of this, you need only ready the interview that the Australian did with Neil Morrison, published on crash.net.

Highlights include: “the other Hondas are going better, I don't just feel like a second rider but the third. In my first year in MotoGP I had a shit bike, last year wasn't much better and this year nothing's changed since riding in the tests at Phillip Island”, “nothing has been updated, I have had the same problems since Qatar, it sucks”.

Words that are hard to interpret positively, and for this reason Jack's future is still uncertain. Honda had a contractual option that expired in late May, but decided not to make use of it. Miller is therefore on the market and in recent weeks had caught the interest of Ducati. The idea was to bring him into team Pramac, considering that Redding has failed to meet expectations in this early part of the season.

Another Australian on the red bike? No, because Jack's financial requests appear to be very high and so Bologna prefers to look elsewhere.

Honda remains Miller's main chance for 2018, the option has not been taken up and in Japan they are taking time to evaluate the situation, but this doesn't mean things can't be worked out. Jack could remain with the Marc VDS team together with Franco Morbidelli, unless Alex Marquez also decided to jump category.

Marc's brother wants to complete one more year in Moto2 before moving up to the reigning class, but he might change his mind. Miller may also find a place in LCR, Lucio Cecchinello wants two bikes in 2018 and already worked with the Miller-Crutchlow pairing in 2015.

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorenzo was shockingly bad. Lowes was brilliant.

- - - Updated - - -

'Earlier'

That was before he publicly blasted them for providing him with 'shit' bikes.
    I hadn't seen that he had done that. While is really correct not the best idea when your contract is up.

- - - Updated - - -

It would have to be frustrating seeing guys on satellite Yamahas and Ducatis having an easier time than you because they're not having to make up all their time on the brakes. Honda need to do something about their acceleration issues, the only thing that is keeping them competitive is having a genius on one of their bikes.