PSB Events Tally

User Tag List

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Results 1,041 to 1,054 of 1054

Thread: 2017 MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 discussion (spoilers)

  1. #1041
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    .
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    5,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says Bradley risks losing his spot to Mila Kallio as he finished 16 seconds behind him in the Austrian race and has been overshadowed by Pol all season.
    Likes p4p1 liked this post

  2. #1042
    Member shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Above you
    Motorbike
    Big bang boom and a sewing machine
    Liked
    2533 times
    Posts
    9,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from not doing well there is the problem of if he did well then we would be subject to that voice , that accsent .
    Very unfortunate.
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )
    Likes Speed Dealer, Creme, Triple liked this post

  3. #1043
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    .
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    5,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting article where Folger recounts what he witnessed riding behind Marquez in Germany. The 24 year old Spaniard (Nick Harris voice) changing his riding style 4 times during the race to adapt to tyre drop off. But changing his riding style 2-3 laps before the tyre actually dropped off.

    http://www.crash.net/motogp/feature/...rquez-strength
    Likes Prefectionist, p4p1 liked this post

  4. #1044
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    .
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    5,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rossi given up on the championship this year

    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...a-woes-941990/

  5. #1045
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Rossi given up on the championship this year

    https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...a-woes-941990/
    I wonder how Yamaha feel about the situation?

    It looked like Viņales was gonna run away with the championship until Rossi stamped his feet and demanded a new tyre and chassis. Not only have the changes looked to end Viņales' championship charge(he's lost 60ish points to Marquez in the last 5 races) but Rossi's own results have been worse since he got the changes he wanted.

    It looks to me that Yamaha losing the development input of Lorenzo has really hurt them. It's still early days but Lorenzo's development input looks to have been underrated by most including Yamaha.

  6. #1046
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    .
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    5,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    I wonder how Yamaha feel about the situation?

    It looked like Viņales was gonna run away with the championship until Rossi stamped his feet and demanded a new tyre and chassis. Not only have the changes looked to end Viņales' championship charge(he's lost 60ish points to Marquez in the last 5 races) but Rossi's own results have been worse since he got the changes he wanted.

    It looks to me that Yamaha losing the development input of Lorenzo has really hurt them. It's still early days but Lorenzo's development input looks to have been underrated by most including Yamaha.
    Nah it's definitely not Rossi. I saw in the comments one Rossi fan adamant that Yamahas software has been hacked

    You wonder how many titles Yamaha have thrown in recent years by listening to Rossi instead of Lorenzo. 2014 was an absolute joke with Yamaha not even showing a wheel to Marquez.

    Lorenzo on a properly working Yamaha is untouchable.
    Likes GsxInShed, Prefectionist liked this post

  7. #1047
    Moderator Barfridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Motorbike
    Princess Buttercup & hanging off historic sidecar #9
    Liked
    4010 times
    Posts
    39,968
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Lorenzo on a properly working Yamaha is untouchable.
    In the dry
    When the planets align
    If he can get a clear lead

    Where his talents do not lie is when things don't go his way, he's not the best at riding around problems. Marquez can ride anything fast, as he has proven over the last couple of years with a Honda that wasn't as good as the Yammie
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/
    Likes Speed Dealer liked this post

  8. #1048
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else think that the two tech 3 riders success this year makes Marquezs title last year more impressive? Or is it just me?

  9. #1049
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Fremantle
    Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Posts
    1,151
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Nah it's definitely not Rossi. I saw in the comments one Rossi fan adamant that Yamahas software has been hacked

    You wonder how many titles Yamaha have thrown in recent years by listening to Rossi instead of Lorenzo. 2014 was an absolute joke with Yamaha not even showing a wheel to Marquez.

    Lorenzo on a properly working Yamaha is untouchable.
    I'm not so sure 2014 was a bike issue rather than Marquez being great at the start of the year. I also think that Bridgestone made the tyres a little bit harder which is why Rossis results got better almost over night going into to 2014 and as we know Marquez prefers a harder tyre like Rossi but he rides it much better.

  10. #1050
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2x 2011 Gixxer 600s: track & road
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nakagami at LCR Honda in 2018: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/0...in-2018/237503

    Proof it's about attracting viewers and $ rather than the best riders. Nakagami has always shown talent but hasn't really had it come to fruition. Many others I'd put on the seat before him, but they want an Asian rider... It's like prematurely moving Pawi up to Moto2. INB4: but Folger etc.
    Nakagami Moto2 seasons 2012 - 2017: Finished 15th, 8th, 22nd, 8th, 6th, currently 7th.

    Luthi has said he has never had a firm offer for MotoGP but have heard some whisperings?
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

    - Milhouse Van Houten

  11. #1051
    Member rubin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    where money grows
    Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    Nakagami at LCR Honda in 2018: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/0...in-2018/237503

    Proof it's about attracting viewers and $ rather than the best riders. Nakagami has always shown talent but hasn't really had it come to fruition. Many others I'd put on the seat before him, but they want an Asian rider... It's like prematurely moving Pawi up to Moto2. INB4: but Folger etc.
    Nakagami Moto2 seasons 2012 - 2017: Finished 15th, 8th, 22nd, 8th, 6th, currently 7th.

    Luthi has said he has never had a firm offer for MotoGP but have heard some whisperings?
    MotoGP (like formula 1) is not so much a sport anymore, but advertising and to a lesser extent, entertainment.

    It's all about maximising your return on investment. If an average rider/driver can give you a greater $ return, I'd suggest most would go for that route


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1052
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Yokine
    Liked
    973 times
    Posts
    7,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. What's his package and team like? What injuries has he had?
    What is responsible for the finishes he's had?

    I'm keen to see him in MotoGP.

  13. #1053
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Motorbike
    .
    Liked
    1569 times
    Posts
    5,841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Movistar has a clause in the contract that one of the factory Yamaha team must be Spanish (not hard considering the talent pool). Why not HRC? If anything it might encourage the Japanese star of the future to get into racing.

  14. #1054
    Member Kristy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Motorbike
    2x 2011 Gixxer 600s: track & road
    Liked
    2552 times
    Posts
    12,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    Movistar has a clause in the contract that one of the factory Yamaha team must be Spanish (not hard considering the talent pool). Why not HRC? If anything it might encourage the Japanese star of the future to get into racing.
    Because then you're not selecting based on merit. If you advertised a job for xx nationality, unless there's a specific reason for it you'd get your arse kicked. I'm sure Nakagami could run rings around 99% of the population but I think there's better options if they were not bound by nationality e.g. Luthi.
    "This is great. Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know".

    - Milhouse Van Houten

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •