User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: V11 Sport Cafe Racer Project

  1. #21
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    TY-250 RD350LC Gsx 750 esd Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    5,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What cams are u gonna use bro..?

    And where is all the metal from the old ones....(pickup screen ..????)

    Fins look mint I did mine roughly with a file..;-( no Lathe.... )
    " The Souls' of the engineers and builders of motorcycles, dwell within them."
    Likes knumbnutz liked this post

  2. #22
    New Member Nero Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Out there
    Liked
    339 times
    Posts
    7,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    What cams are u gonna use bro..?

    And where is all the metal from the old ones....(pickup screen ..????)
    Probably in the sludge trap in the crank. Not much in the was of selection for cams Rich Maud or you go to Germany the problem is the motor is at the end of its development at that point what people in the 80's fitted to their Guzzis to hot them up will actually de-tune this one.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

  3. #23
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    TY-250 RD350LC Gsx 750 esd Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    5,149
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Diablo View Post
    Probably in the sludge trap in the crank. Not much in the was of selection for cams Rich Maud or you go to Germany the problem is the motor is at the end of its development at that point what people in the 80's fitted to their Guzzis to hot them up will actually de-tune this one.
    Yeh...In the absence of anything usefull coming from me this P.M.

    I will say ... std cams (for this model will do) get 'em nitrided... run slight advance on inlet....slight retard on Ex. 3-5 degrees is good... have Loud's Engine guy ..Ray .. Have a quick look at cam bearing clearances...too ..if you can...

    Use mineral oil...and just change more often... as needs must.

    Look to 'guzzi endurance racer' interesting ...light flywheel/clutch/full balance....just the usual stuff ---for a vee donk....

    have a world of fun.. on this thing....;-)

    use this general advise with diligence and caution.....you may find more fun -than you can handle...
    " The Souls' of the engineers and builders of motorcycles, dwell within them."
    Likes knumbnutz liked this post

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    49 times
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Yeh...In the absence of anything usefull coming from me this P.M.

    I will say ... std cams (for this model will do) get 'em nitrided... run slight advance on inlet....slight retard on Ex. 3-5 degrees is good... have Loud's Engine guy ..Ray .. Have a quick look at cam bearing clearances...too ..if you can...

    Use mineral oil...and just change more often... as needs must.

    Look to 'guzzi endurance racer' interesting ...light flywheel/clutch/full balance....just the usual stuff ---for a vee donk....

    have a world of fun.. on this thing....;-)

    use this general advise with diligence and caution.....you may find more fun -than you can handle...
    I did up a guzzi some years ago.
    It was a Mille GT which is similar spec to a California. By the time I finished with it, it was very different. 251kg down to 185kg. Top 160km per hr to 220km.
    And really handled well.
    This will be all of that and another 30hp and real tyres.


    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Likes Sprint, valvolux, BlackFZR liked this post

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    49 times
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    *

    *

    *

    *

    *

    *

    *

    *

    *
    And after all that building he was tired and had to have a lay down
    *
    Likes Brock32, Stu liked this post

  6. #26
    New Member Adomora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Perth, W.A.
    Motorbike
    Yamaha XSR900
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yum. Looks sensational


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes knumbnutz liked this post

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    49 times
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shiny gearbox, new seals and bearing.





    Like a matching set
    Likes Adomora liked this post

  8. #28
    Member Sprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The future
    Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Posts
    10,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What media did you use on the cases?
    I like that finish... very nice.

    S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane
    Motorbike
    Ducati
    Liked
    49 times
    Posts
    164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hydroblasted. Which is a water jet impregnated with fine glass beads and a couple of chemicals.

    Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •