Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RE: Photos.

Yep, that is one very, very stupid setup. No wonder it got stickered.

The bike will need a proper rear mudguard. It will need the licence plate and tail light on the rear centre of the bike.

Not impossible, but it's going to need a degree of mechanical skills.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    Aprilia RS250, GSXR750 Slabbie
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the fender treatment remind anyone else of browncow's Project Bunky, and resulting Clown Shoes nomination?

https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...=Project+bunky
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    Bimota DB8SP
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, we design and build custom bikes, all are designed to pass Federal Standards rules on initial rego inspection, but have allowances to remove certain items to give the non-legal appearance most clients want. The number plate & rear lighting position legislation changed in 2015, it is no longer 45 degree but vertical from the axel line (viewed from the side of course), and flashers need to be no closer than 180mm from each other. In respect to lamps, provided they are either E/DOT/SAE stamped they are perfectly legal.

Hope this helps
    Likes henrys, flashpixx liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kracker View Post
    Hi guys, we design and build custom bikes, all are designed to pass Federal Standards rules on initial rego inspection, but have allowances to remove certain items to give the non-legal appearance most clients want.
    Cool job. Could you please explain this allowance? Because I also have the ability to remove shit from my bike to give it a non-legal appearance.

The number plate & rear lighting position legislation changed in 2015, it is no longer 45 degree but vertical from the axel line (viewed from the side of course), and flashers need to be no closer than 180mm from each other. In respect to lamps, provided they are either E/DOT/SAE stamped they are perfectly legal.
    The 45 being referenced in the thread is the visibility of the plate from the sides of the vehicle. There's a "$1000 rego fine" thread for people who have fallen victim to fines from police enforcing this rule.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    Bimota DB8SP
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The feds changed the legislation without consultation with the states, which had/has the later pissed. As a consequence, the feds were supposed to supply something in writing as the states claimed they had nothing to override their 45 deg laws, and were happily still writing out tickets despite knowing fed law overrides state law. They took, as they do with most penalties, the position that most Jo'e & Jill's would simply pay or be ignorant of the new requirements. I'd recommend spending a bit of time to find an download the legislation, and carry it around with you if you're going to push the envelop. I can remember, some time later, seeing it posted on many forum, it was in MCN & on facebook etc, so if you do a bit of hunting you'll find it. We don't have a copy as our engineer handles all that, we just build to whatever spec he provides relative to the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Cool job. Could you please explain this allowance? Because I also have the ability to remove shit from my bike to give it a non-legal appearance.

The 45 being referenced in the thread is the visibility of the plate from the sides of the vehicle. There's a "$1000 rego fine" thread for people who have fallen victim to fines from police enforcing this rule.

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeno View Post
    Here are couple of pics
    That's awesome engineering, I see they've incorporated an excellent feature for if you're excessive in your application of the throttle you can use your testicles as brakes and prevent future generations from choosing to ride bikes like this.

There's pretty much zero chance of that bike passing an inspection anywhere without making it look more like the bike it was built from and less like the bike you thought you wanted.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.
    Likes henrys liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have a copy as our engineer handles all that, we just build to whatever spec he provides relative to the bike.
    It may be different there in Coffs Harbour, but the process you describe sounds the same as any other dealer, workshop or home mechanic. Once the bike is registered you can do whatever you like to it.

E.g. a dealer I worked at sold brand new Harleys. They arrange for it to be registered, simply by filing paperwork and bolting on plates - which is totally by the book. Once that's done, the V&H pipes go on along with all the other illegal business, meaning the customer is at risk of a yellow sticker with no recourse to the dealer.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Liked
    739 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep like most people have said above. You'll need the front fender back on, the rear fender back on. Tail light and license plate moved to the middle of the rear fender. You'll have to move the indicators back onto the rear fender as well and use legal indicators (easiest if you can get hold of a stock complete rear fender, tail light, indicator assembly as one unit). You'll need to put the stock mufflers back on, and probably stock mirrors (as those ones look too small). That's just at a glance from those pictures, could be more if we could see it from the front. Plus of course everything on the bike has to work, all gauges and lights etc.

Motorbike
    Bimota DB8SP
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Loud, but I'm not quite sure of the point you're attempting to make. Yes, what you say is true, & I agree regardless of where you live, but I don't follow what it has to do with my original post. I was only offering clarity over what is and isn't legal in respect to the rear tail light if flashers, and that's a uniform legislation nation wide. You can remove everything and mod whatever you want provided the rear wheel is covered from the axle line viewed vertical, and that all lights an no further forward of the same point. You also need upper chain guard inhibitor 300mm from rear of furthest rearward footpeg.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    It may be different there in Coffs Harbour, but the process you describe sounds the same as any other dealer, workshop or home mechanic. Once the bike is registered you can do whatever you like to it.

E.g. a dealer I worked at sold brand new Harleys. They arrange for it to be registered, simply by filing paperwork and bolting on plates - which is totally by the book. Once that's done, the V&H pipes go on along with all the other illegal business, meaning the customer is at risk of a yellow sticker with no recourse to the dealer.

Motorbike
    Liked
    906 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kracker I was interested in your reference to having "allowances" to remove items after the vehicle has been built and registered. I'm unaware of any workshop having authority to remove items without a permit. Just wanted to see if there was something I was unaware of
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, R75, A100, CRF50
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that seat must have been covered by a professional
    Likes kracker liked this post

Motorbike
    Bimota DB8SP
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loud, neither you nor individual, workshop or not, needs a permit to remove anything from their bike provided whatever you've ended up with complies to the relevant vehicles standards. There's a lot of misinformation online and in the public arena, vast amount which comes from road users who fell victim to coppers fining them for what is essentially legal, but there is yet to be introduced the law many governments aspire to introduce, and that is making it law that every vehicle (bikes also) must be maintained in OEM condition & appearance. Many state governments have tried and failed, although they chip away at reaching it via different avenues, but once you know the standards you have federal law on your side. If every you decide to build something that's more than retro fitting parts, all you need do on the eastern seaboard is get a mod plate fitted. This plate shows plod that the mods you've performed comply to the standards, and if plod still writes a ticket you'll visit the beak, but you'll win and be awarded costs. Mod plates are only couple hundgie, so bloody cheap insurance

Motorbike
    Honda 250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    that seat must have been covered by a professional
    The bike was modified by an ex army man , who knows he did that because he could not afford an expensive custom leather saddle coz army doesn't pay well or may be he was working on the bike project to tackle PTSD

How cool of you to make fun of humble budget bikes since you own expensive bikes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tango89er View Post
    Didn't I see that on Gumtree? Surprised someone picked it up XD
    Each to their own though
    First time rookie buyer

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loud, neither you nor individual, workshop or not, needs a permit to remove anything from their bike provided whatever you've ended up with complies to the relevant vehicles standards. There's a lot of misinformation online and in the public arena, vast amount which comes from road users who fell victim to coppers fining them for what is essentially legal, but there is yet to be introduced the law many governments aspire to introduce, and that is making it law that every vehicle (bikes also) must be maintained in OEM condition & appearance. Many state governments have tried and failed, although they chip away at reaching it via different avenues, but once you know the standards you have federal law on your side. If every you decide to build something that's more than retro fitting parts, all you need do on the eastern seaboard is get a mod plate fitted. This plate shows plod that the mods you've performed comply to the standards, and if plod still writes a ticket you'll visit the beak, but you'll win and be awarded costs. Mod plates are only couple hundgie, so bloody cheap insurance
    Western Australia has it's own compliance laws so not everything you have said is relevant.
    And yes they take precedence over federal regulations. We've been through that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?

Motorbike
    Honda 250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    RE: Photos.

Yep, that is one very, very stupid setup. No wonder it got stickered.

The bike will need a proper rear mudguard. It will need the licence plate and tail light on the rear centre of the bike.

Not impossible, but it's going to need a degree of mechanical skills.
    Thanks, Mudguards and small airpod were on my agenda .
    I was researching the airpod bit , and found on some car yellow sticker forum thread that the defect was due to the fact that airpod was not attached to the body.
    Do you have any idea what the expectation might be on the air intake ?

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, R75, A100, CRF50
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bike was modified by an ex army man , who knows he did that because he could not afford an expensive custom leather saddle coz army doesn't pay well or may be he was working on the bike project to tackle PTSD

How cool of you to make fun of humble budget bikes since you own expensive bikes
    :
    so maybe he sold the guards & original seat cover to buy meds :-D

i spot problems with all bikes, sorry if any offense kind of my job and or hobby

Motorbike
    Honda 250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this what a stock filter looks like :

And I have something like this

Just browsing through ADR https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads/...dr_online.aspx could not find anything on air filter / intake

Does any one know what the expectation is on air intake is to make it compliant ? thanks

Motorbike
    Domenico & his cousin Alfredo.
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does any one know what the expectation is on air intake is to make it compliant ? thanks
    Unfortunately I can't help you - but option B in your photos looks a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly

Motorbike
    Gen 2 SV650
    Liked
    2501 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a lot of Harley-types going around with the ram style intakes. I have no idea if they are legal or not.

Ask the experts (ie: an inspection centre)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
    Why be a cunt about it?