PSB Events Tally

User Tag List

Thread: Recall Suzuki DL650 ( VStrom ) 2012-2016 Stator assembly "Urgent Recall Information"

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recall Suzuki DL650 ( VStrom ) 2012-2016 Stator assembly "Urgent Recall Information"

I received a letter from Suzuki Australia today marked as "Urgent Recall Information", a recall on the 2012 - 2016 Recall Stator assembly.

"Stator coil charge may be reduced due to insufficient insulation material around the wiring inside the stator that could be effected by engine heat, causing the motorcycle battery to go flat.

In a worst case scenario this could cause the motorcycle to stop running and not restart."

I used to use mine for country runs, as people do, so it would be the start of a bad day to run out of go on a back road. Its specific to VIN numbers so if you got one bought used or know if someone who does maybe check the VIN at your local dealer or on Suzuki website.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Likes RA35GT liked this post

Motorbike
    BMW K1200R
    Liked
    1 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
    I received a letter from Suzuki Australia today marked as "Urgent Recall Information", a recall on the 2012 - 2016 Recall Stator assembly.

"Stator coil charge may be reduced due to insufficient insulation material around the wiring inside the stator that could be effected by engine heat, causing the motorcycle battery to go flat.

In a worst case scenario this could cause the motorcycle to stop running and not restart."

I used to use mine for country runs, as people do, so it would be the start of a bad day to run out of go on a back road. Its specific to VIN numbers so if you got one bought used or know if someone who does maybe check the VIN at your local dealer or on Suzuki website.
    Thanks for the heads up Heretic, I spoke to the dealer a week ago & they said they'd look into it & get back to me, so after not hearing from them for a week I called them back today & they said it was included in the recall and the parts were on order.

Have you had yours do yet, if so do you know if they put synthetic oil in it after they replaced the stator, as I have since read on another forum some dealers do some don't?

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

Liked
    5 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will probably affect sfv650's too, as they have the same donk. Cool, recall #2 coming up for my commuter.

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G-mac View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Heretic, I spoke to the dealer a week ago & they said they'd look into it & get back to me, so after not hearing from them for a week I called them back today & they said it was included in the recall and the parts were on order.

Have you had yours do yet, if so do you know if they put synthetic oil in it after they replaced the stator, as I have since read on another forum some dealers do some don't?

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk
    i actually sold mine a while back i missed the recall, i tried to find the new owners number to text him but i didnt save it.

i dont know what oil they'd use, whatever is recommended spec thats cheap in a 200 litre I guess, probably semi synth maybe?

i ran semi syth Elf in mine ( to each their own )
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality