User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Works being undertaken at Barbagallo.

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will make little Billy safe is in his own mindset.
    Reading the sign on idemnity,
    Ears open at the riders meeting, Coxy isnt there just to tell lame jokes.
    attending the group 1 and 2 classroom sessions.
    Loading the bike onto the trailer with just burnt fuel and rubber and a grin from ear to ear.

Failing that, billy will be in a world of hurt at any track in the country,
    Barbs is as safe as you want it to be,
    ive pulled a few Champion riders into line when they want to make my day as unsafe as theirs.

I enjoy our cheap $180 track days, many here want it to be $600 a day by the sound of it.
    Thats the reality.
    Barbs hasnt changed, but the self entitled culture growing up / creeping into WA sure has.
    I hope you never have a mechanical failure at 200+ km/hr going into turns 1, 6 or 7. I'll remind you that you should have paid more attention to the indemnity form... and the direction of the clip link on your chain.
    Last edited by Mr Bean; Today at 05:22 AM.
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”

Vision Racing #31

Sponsored by and many thanks to Vision Concrete Constructions, KTM West, Chain Reaction Motorcycles, RaceWorks, Central Signs.
    Likes Ryanoceros, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
    Barbs hasnt changed, but the self entitled culture growing up / creeping into WA sure has.
    Quote Originally Posted by kapyong View Post
    I would like to think the majority are pleased that his dogged lobbying has finally borne fruit in forcing the issue on enhancing MC safety at the track.
    No it hasn't changed, but it's the other bit above that is the reason...

Scott went thru a lot of time and effort to get the track looked at...

This opportunity to move things forward should be grasped and everything wrung out of it...
    Likes Kristy, =Maz=, Stephan, Heretic, brendanc and 3 others liked this post

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    This opportunity to move things forward should be grasped and everything wrung out of it...
    ^^^^ There you go... thread summary been done for me.
    Simples.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    I hope you never have a mechanical failure at 200+ km/hr going into turns 1, 6 or 7. I'll remind you that you should have paid more attention to the indemnity form... and the direction of the clip link on your chain.
    Given the 4 main types of mechanical failure (loss of power e.g. engine dies or seizes, loss of brakes e.g. brake fade or sudden catastrophic brake failure, loss of traction e.g. slippery surface or insufficent grip from tyres, excess power e.g. throttle gets stuck open), most can be alleviated/identified during the bike inspections before individuals get on track. (sufficient brake pads, brakes engage and can stop front and rear wheels, and also disengage, tyres are in good condition and have suffiecient tread, throttle returns to closed position), and by controlling the track itself (stopping events when oil spills occur etc).

What about mechanical failure at the speed limit on the roads (40 to 110km/h) where there is no run-off or arrestor bed, and often a barrier right at the edge of the road? There are more people using motorcycles on the road that don't have daily inspections prior to use, don't maintain their vehicles in any way, yet everyone apparently has no problems riding on the road in unknown surface conditions, and don't expect main roads to address these issues in case of sudden catastrophic mechanical failure. That isn't meant to alleviate the issues identified at the track, just show that in your day to day life there are a lot of less safe environments used a lot more regularly that you completely gloss over.

I'm not saying that the track can't be made safer, in fact no-one involved in the process is saying that, however no company irrelevant of the industry (oil & gas right the way down to point of sales) has a work environment with zero chance of death, as people can trip over their own feet and die on a sharp edge in the wrong circumstances, or even just die for absolutely no reason associated with the environment that they are in. The only way to remove the potential for death is remove those people that death affects... People.
    Sponsored By: Dynapumps, Cullys Yamaha, Chain Reaction Motorcycles, Straightline2ten Panel & Paint, VRT Signs
    Likes westy74 liked this post

Motorbike
    Tryhard Gayowner
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFZR View Post

What about mechanical failure at the speed limit on the roads (40 to 110km/h) where there is no run-off or arrestor bed, and often a barrier right at the edge of the road? There are more people using motorcycles on the road that don't have daily inspections prior to use, don't maintain their vehicles in any way, yet everyone apparently has no problems riding on the road in unknown surface conditions, and don't expect main roads to address these issues in case of sudden catastrophic mechanical failure. That isn't meant to alleviate the issues identified at the track, just show that in your day to day life there are a lot of less safe environments used a lot more regularly that you completely gloss over.
    People (generally) don't reach 200 kmph+ on the road. The components you're talking about failing and usually designed specifically for road use and emphasise durability at the cost of performance. Someone pottering down the freeway on an R1 at 100 km/h wouldn't be putting the bike under the same stress as an A/B grader braking into T7 at 200+. Mechanical failure accounts for a small portion of motorbike road fatalities
    Rest in Peace

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kapyong View Post
    I haven't really been on PSB regularly over the last few weeks and only noticed this thread tonight.

FB posts over the last few days provided awareness that works were being conducted at the track which will go some way to improving safety in some areas.

Tonight I have read this complete thread in an attempt to gain an understanding of the rational thought of the current track modifications.

I will take you to task though Tim regarding your comments about Scott and your perceived impression of his non-impartiality regarding the Hall Report.

We all understand Scott's desire for safety improvements and I would like to think the majority are pleased that his dogged lobbying has finally borne fruit in forcing the issue on enhancing MC safety at the track. Historically there has been little or no appetite by all track authorities to be pro-active in MC safety improvements.............. she'll be right seems to have been the attitude.

I applaud Scott for his endeavours and taking a cheap shot is just that, cheap.
    It wasn't a cheap shot at all simply a statement of opinion which I think is more widely shared than you realise. Allowing someone driven by emotion to push a cause IS a mistake. I've said this all along and it was reinforced when Scott joined the MSWA bandwagon. Now we are making progress it seems to be because some people are prepared to stop blaming and start negotiating and cooperating.

sent from my pos Android phone so apologies if it makes no sense.