2006 GSX1400, 2008 SV650, 1992 NC30, 2015 RC390
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just quoted a section from the link posted previously.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbike View Post
    Also, the car had four new tyres, new battery and a light bar which I would like back if they plan to write it off. AAMI have been accessible and helpful, but I still can't understand how my can can be written off when I'm not the at-fault driver.
    I'd be surprised whether they would give you the tyres etc back unless you replace them with std items as they are part of the insured vehicle unless they are specified and insured separately which they wont be
    Irrespective of whether the being assessed is classed as you are at fault or not, or your insurer if it was full comp or theirs in this case will write it off if the cost of repairs is over what is economical to repair (repairable WO) or if the damage is to a major component like the frame which is too dangerous to repair safely (statutory WO)

My last MC accident when it was assessed by Potato if I'd wanted to use new parts (panels specifically) it would have been written off easily due to it being a 98 model bike with 145 000+km's but thankfully the spud was able to source some SH panels etc and respray them for under what the insured value was

I was happy with this as I was aware of the age/condition of the bike but had done many mods to make it comfortable for me and to get another bike and do those mods would have been well over what I would get as a write off
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator