Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    The Hall report (as I understand it) isn't an actionable report. It uses unrealistic assessments and words like "safe" i.e. no measurable goal unless the plan is to replace the track with a museum with mattress floor. A plan was being formulated for a staged return of bikes with some immediate changes plus a longer term plan for more significant modifications.
    I'm not sure if the latest action has derailed those plans.
    As others have said the WNOTB group IS the place to get factual updates without the negativity and trolling found elsewhere. The guys behind it are extremely level headed, mature and proactive.

sent from my pos Android phone so apologies if it makes no sense.
    More bullshit have you read the report ?
    Likes =Maz=, Green Trident, marras liked this post

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBloke View Post
    Contradicting their message... no other group/forum have actually gone out to find, speak to or otherwise be proactive in trying to repair the situation and to stop the spread of misinformation. I would expect it to be tightly controlled, the place has gained a reputation as being a source for truth, not rumor.
    The groups FB page has gained a reputation as a circle-jerk.

Please don't misunderstand me, I applaud the fact that the guys got active and had an agenda to get training back under way ASAP the game changed when the license was lost.
    I am not having a shot at the people involved in the group...I have had personal discussions with at least one of those behind the scenes before and during the launch.
    The message doesn't work for me and hasn't worked to get us back on track...I have a different goal and I couldn't continue with the united front image and as such everything I read on the page was just On Message tripe that aggravated me.

i am not the only one that feels this way.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter
    Likes keys, Kristy, Shady7/8, Ryanoceros, Mika79 and 1 others liked this post

Motorbike
    S1000RR, Z800
    Liked
    220 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the information I've heard at various meetings and discussions up to date.
    DSR got involved last year and made the recommendation on paper that all motorcycle activity should cease until the track is "made safe".
    Several people (including me) pitched in to help with a band aid fix, in the hope they would allow bikes back on track (even if just for training purposes).
    The track has been reassessed and has been relicensed.
    But It appears after a complaint that was lodged through DOCEP about MWA's competence to inspect/assess the track, MA has advised MWA not to issue permits till ALL the safety issues are resolved.
    The only time available for major works according to WASSC's Q&A meeting is during the January shut down period.
    So at this stage, (I hope I'm wrong) the way I see it is; There will be no further resolution till next year, if and when all the major works have been completed.
    If they are using the Hall Report as the guidelines to follow with no acceptable risk, the track will not be available to motorbikes until ALL the recommendations within that report are addressed, and with the lack of run-offs, Barbagello may still be unsuitable for motorbikes unless they move buildings or shorten the track (I can't see that happening anytime soon).
    Likes Tim the PM, =Maz=, marras liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a conversation this morning with Motorcycling Western Australia , The True Reporter was advised of the following. The rumors on Facebook regarding non-issuance of permits are not true. Executive Director Rick Gill has stated “Before any concerns about permits being issued or not there are so many other things that are to be considered first. It is a bit premature for us to make any decisions on permits until we have further outcomes.”
    Fucking lol...

Contradicts himself from one sentence to the next...
    Likes keys liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As others have said the WNOTB group IS the place to get factual updates without the negativity and trolling found elsewhere. The guys behind it are extremely level headed, mature and proactive.

Very little posted there is worth reading. I got told numerous times (especially by you) that I have no idea what I'm talking about, when all I've ever said is that I think the track needs to be made safer than it is.

On that tangent, I've been told a lot of other things by other people on that page. I've been told "[I] demand a full refund of all my track day sessions from trakdayz" from a drug fucked lunatic, I was told by you I was too young to know anything about anything, I've been told that the track is perfectly safe and that the people who died there died because of their own fault, and that the track is perfectly safe, despite a report by an intelligent person with expertise in the field saying that it actually isn't

Heaps of negativity and trolling coming straight from your own mouth bud. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to rant and rave about how much of a bad person I am and how "nobody likes you"
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    S1000RR, Z800
    Liked
    220 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, their "only" agenda is Barbagello.
    I'd just like somewhere I can ride my bike.

Motorbike
    Japanese
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Live to ride View Post
    But It appears after a complaint that was lodged through DOCEP about MWA's competence to inspect/assess the track
    Out of curiosity, is there somewhere this complaint is publicly available to read about?

Does anyone know who lodged it?

Motorbike
    S1000RR, Z800
    Liked
    220 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there somewhere this complaint is publicly available to read about?

This was mentioned at the Q&A, so it's nothing more than hearsay atm. But it would explain why after the track licence was reissued to Barbagello, MWA under instruction from MA will no longer issue permits for a licensed track.
    I do intend on going to the MWA meeting 3rd April to find out more.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now in another world not too far from here, there is a largely Govt funded organisation called Motorsport NT, with a constitution with critical differences to a certain local track operator.

Whose 17 members are clubs that each have a single vote and represent over 10,000 MOTORSPORT members.

Whose constitution has a dispute resolution process not only between members, but for member disputes with the board, using an independent Govt appointed mediator.

That has a modern Association constitution with structured procedures without strange clauses.

5 years you say?
    Likes Ryanoceros, keys, BlackFZR, Rich..., BillyBoof and 3 others liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think wascc resign the lease before the due date so make that 3 years AZAZL
    Likes Rich... liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very little posted there is worth reading. I got told numerous times (especially by you) that I have no idea what I'm talking about, when all I've ever said is that I think the track needs to be made safer than it is.

On that tangent, I've been told a lot of other things by other people on that page. I've been told "[I] demand a full refund of all my track day sessions from trakdayz" from a drug fucked lunatic, I was told by you I was too young to know anything about anything, I've been told that the track is perfectly safe and that the people who died there died because of their own fault, and that the track is perfectly safe, despite a report by an intelligent person with expertise in the field saying that it actually isn't

Heaps of negativity and trolling coming straight from your own mouth bud. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you have to rant and rave about how much of a bad person I am and how "nobody likes you"
    No idea why I'm even seeing that obviously the ignore function isn't working but what a load of shit as usual from you. Nobody has blamed the riders nobody has said the track shouldnt be improved and as for drug fucked losers it's no wonder you get banned all over the place!

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea why I'm even seeing that obviously the ignore function isn't working but what a load of shit as usual from you. Nobody has blamed the riders nobody has said the track shouldnt be improved and as for drug fucked losers it's no wonder you get banned all over the place!

ETA you only went on there to troll and you aren't even clever enough to do that effectively

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Tim are you going to post the wascc story and have you read the Hall report ?
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol have we gone back to hating on wascc? or did we all forget who commissioned the Hall report, but didn't like it when it didn't come out their way.

We're all still eagerly awaiting this second report that's been completed but hasn't been released.

Who knows maybe it's has the same findings.

There's reports dating back to 2009 that identify corners too close to the track for bikes.

What happened there???
    Last edited by Crobbo; 21-03-2017 at 06:34 PM.
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. - Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader
    Likes Ryanoceros, Tim the PM, BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    GSX1400
    Liked
    746 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a suspicion with the new wall between T4 and the back straight with no sand/gravel trap between T4 and the wall that the second audit may have been even more critical than the Hall report.

Would certainly explain the silence.
    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    2006 Suzuki GSX1400, 2008 Suzuki SV650
    Liked
    833 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post
    There's reports dating back to 2009 that identify corners too close to the track for bikes.

What happened there???
    Exactly...good way to get things back on track.
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Motorbike
    A Big V4 Ape.
    Liked
    166 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benzo View Post

On a side note this still has not appeared on Facebook page.
    Not much a central hub for all the facts now is it?

As for who lodged it.. Who cares? It certainly put the cat among the pigeons..
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by =Maz= View Post
    Exactly...good way to get things back on track.
    Figuratively speaking of course...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This just posted on fbook

MWA AGM update
    I have been advised (thank you Rick Gill) that there will be two opportunities to ask questions, firstly at the MWA AGM when the CEO, President & Sporting Panel reports are presented and then directly afterwards at the Council meeting. There is no requirement to request that an item be added to the Agenda nor provide notice of the question/s.
    In the interest of getting best value for time it might be best that a series of, say up to 10, questions be formulated. These questions can then be asked in a calm and concise manner, meaning that we are more likely to get the information we require… rather than bombarding them with lots of passion and complaints.
    It should be noted that logistically the room that is normally used can only hold 35 people (MWA usually get 25 people to an AGM). So… if more than an extra 10 people turn up it could be problematic – therefore it is suggested that if you are intending to head to the MWA AGM that you email an “RSVP” to mail@motorcyclingwa.org.au. If they feel that there is the requirement to relocate the meeting they will look into an alternative venue.
    Finally, they are also expecting to be in a position to update members shortly on the ‘Barbagallo situation’.

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanc View Post
    On a side note this still has not appeared on Facebook page.
    Not much a central hub for all the facts now is it?

As for who lodged it.. Who cares? It certainly put the cat among the pigeons..
    Links broken
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. - Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader