Thread: Fair Work Commission cuts penalty rates

Liked
    739 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait until Amazon opens in Australia in September, after that anyone in retail will be lucky to have a job...

Motorbike
    BMW Boxer Twin
    Liked
    308 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannot f-king wait for Amazon to open here, the bricks n' mortar era of shopping is officially over, and good riddance. It died when proper customer service did in the 90's.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
    Try Para045, he definitely sounds all gooey in the fork for ya

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent, we can look forward to profits going offshore house prices dropping and we can all go on the dole, go surfing everyday while the banks repossess houses and board them up.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    cbr250rr
    Liked
    66 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Maybe because they are legally entitled to them and have worked for them? Super, holiday pay and long service leave in particular are often withheld from employees when a business starts looking shaky despite them being something that employees are legally entitled to and have usually worked hard for but they don't get because a business owner has made some bad decisions/tried to scrape all the cream off the top for themselves without putting back into the business etc
    I'm not saying you are in that group BUT the majority of businesses seem to look at it that way and treat their employees as no better than slaves They treat them like shit, try and screw them down in what they pay them and then when shit gets real because they make bad decisions or are too lazy to actually put time into their business they cut and run with all the $ while their big houses and cars were protected by trusts

The above idea sounds good in theory but in a lot of cases employers don't want someone to work the normal shifts only the shifts that make them the the most money without wanting to compensate those that work the unsociable hours when they do

On this bit I'll agree, my missus works part time for a small business that mostly supplies stuff for builders but also does some installation work as well
    The guy that runs the show spends about 3 hours a day in the factory and palms off all his decisions to the other guy that works in the place and sometimes even my missus She's only there as a bookkeeper/accounts person but he expects her to be paying his personal bills, chasing up dumb shit like speeding fines etc He never answers his phone when important decisions need to be made or a builder/supplier needs to talk to him and spends way above what you'd expect given the size of the business and is always crying poor
    My point was simply business owners have every right to put themselves first and protect themselves and their families because at the end of the day the employees rightfully or wrongfully don't give a fuck. Just like owners are entitled to do so to protect themselves. For the record most of the employees I'm talking about never worked hard and were given far too much leeway. They should've been sacked long before they were entitled to any long service leave but my grandfather was a soft touch and still making money. The business was still making money when it was shut down but one company who owed us a large amount went into liquidation so as previously stated on here we were last in line so recouped fuck all and we were owed money all around town from other business's who always had an excuse or a promise of next month to pay us. The issue was the only way we could force companies to give us the money we were owed was to shutdown. Before my grandfather died he had started to lose it a little and made the mistake of putting all his eggs into one basket with one business in particular who owed us the vast majority of money owed, we couldn't force them to pay and then go without their work anymore. I was 22 at the time and my grandfather had just died which(which is why people were able to get away without paying us for a long time) left me with all the responsibility, it was a great learning experience though.

But the way the employees acted all through the slow down of work(everyone in the industry was at that stage) and then the struggles afterwards including the shut down will always be the biggest lesson I learned. Australia has a terrible attitude when it comes to its workers, the sense of entitlement and baseless belief on how much their time is worth throughout the workforce and even on this thread is appalling. Workers and unions have ruined their own chances to be competitive on a global scale which is now all that matters. Obviously not all the blame can be on unions as the government and business also didn't invest in manufacturing that we could do better than everyone else. Instead for the most part what he have is overpriced mediocre products. Holden and Ford Australia being the most obvious examples.

I find it somewhat ironic that the Japanese and the Germans are now the leaders globally in just about everything which all stems from a losing war effort. It took 70+ years but maybe they ended up winning the war.

In truth I don't see how we can have a good economy when everything is cheaper to get overseas, sure sometimes the quality is worse than what's here but even then we all know if why buy German or Japanese it'll be bulletproof, better quality and cheaper than most things here. I got very sidetracked I'm sorry.
    Likes Shady7/8, stromrider liked this post

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    in case not common knowledge
    if an employer goes bust, ATO will reclaim owed super from any liquidation, first in line. if they aint paying super, then you can and should call ATO before they go broke
    LSL, leave, 3 months of wages and similar entitlements which will be covered by department of employment if business goes bust
    Unless the employee is a direct family relation to any of the directors.

I got screwed out of nearly $8k in entitlements when a family business went into receivership. No guarantees for me....
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats unfortunate. can see the rationale though as it would be easily abused, and probably was
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RRossi View Post

Back in 2011 when we had the GFC hit he had to let go of 15 people, I was never on the cards as I had a good attitude and guess what, made him money, some think once you have a job its just to go in and do the job to a satisfactory level and leave for the day on time and never give anything extra, I think this is wrong, if your stuck doing 8 hours a day working why not give it your best go and enjoy your work?

RR

Because sometimes not matter what you/ or others do is not enough for the employer. They always want more. Sometimes its a one way street and after awhile you just say F^ck it. I'm going to make this work for me. I have worked for great employers and its easy to work a bit extra to work quickly etc and I have worked for complete c^nts who would whip you to death if they could.
    Likes stromrider liked this post

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo_2 View Post
    This is were you need to structure your business so that insurance takes all the risk. All the big business are doing it they walk away scott free.
    Lovely example (near the bottom)
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/hans...e8a774e0976172
    "One day I'll fly away"