Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    I also suspect that it may encourage more businesses to open on Sundays, you know the Courts, Government buildings, accountants, engineers etc.
    Yeah I don't see the banks being open on weekends when the largest number of people could use them How about the pollies and judges actually start working more hours to make the amount they get worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Or the likely scenario where the businesses go "Well we were operating just fine with current staff levels before, but now we get to spend less money doing it" and then pocket the difference.
    +1 I'd bet my left nut that the number of "extra" jobs created is 2/5 th's of fuck all and all it will mean is that lower paid workers will need to work more hours to get the same money which plays into the hands of the businesses again as they get more hours out of their slaves for no extra $
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    I don't get the fuss.

The people I see working Sundays don't appear to do anything different to the people working Mondays. Why should they get more?

I don't see the correlation to "the Government is evil" or "our PM is a millionaire so of course"

Had Sunday trading been a thing back when I was a lowly grocery boy I would have cherished the opportunity to work an extra day at my STANDARD rate of pay since I was in school the 5 other days. I only had 2 days I could work and shops were only open for 1 of them.

4hrs Thursday night and 6hrs Saturday was the best I could do - adding 6hrs on Sunday would have been a welcome boost in pay for me.

Seeing that is now an option for people, but that their 6hr Sunday shift is actually worth over 10hrs of standard pay - spoiled bastards.

Give me a magic wand and I'd abolish penalty rates in an instant. They make no sense.
    You're right. There's no difference to working a Sunday compared to a Monday. From now on, all businesses are only open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. ALL businesses.

Wanna go shopping? Better call in sick so you can go. Entertainment venues? Yep, gotta cancel your shift at work to go to that concert/bar. Wanna watch that big sportsball game? Hope your boss lets you watch it at work or gives you the day off.

That's only fair, right?

Or how about all those "real" jobs that I've seen so many people harp on about lately change their hours so that they're working Saturdya and Sunday. Bet they'd be up in arms about that.

The difference in your example of when you were young, is that you wanted to work more, and would have done so regardless of rate of pay. You would have been gaining something. Now imagine if you had that Sunday shift from the start, and they suddenly took away a decent portion of the money you had been making from it. You'd be fucking pissed.

Working weekends is busier and you miss out on a lot of things in order to work them. Sport? Nah man, you can't play sport, you have to work. Hang out with your buddies? Nah dude, you have a shift. Special events? Birthdays? Nope, fuck that, you have to go deal with some asshole who doesn't appreciate the fact that you're working a time that they wouldn't so that they can receive a service.

You can't shit all over an industry, while still demanding a service from them.

Motorbike
    between bikes
    Liked
    264 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, over at the ATO....

ATO admits working hours inefficient after staff backlash over request to work nine more minutes

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-2...ndards/8284384

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
    If you do 4 hrs work on a monday,
    And 4 hrs work on a Sunday,

Which day do you do more work?
    Do you get paid more welfare on Sundays ?
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Yamaha XSR900
    Liked
    1569 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the fuss.

The people I see working Sundays don't appear to do anything different to the people working Mondays. Why should they get more?

I don't see the correlation to "the Government is evil" or "our PM is a millionaire so of course"

Had Sunday trading been a thing back when I was a lowly grocery boy I would have cherished the opportunity to work an extra day at my STANDARD rate of pay since I was in school the 5 other days. I only had 2 days I could work and shops were only open for 1 of them.

4hrs Thursday night and 6hrs Saturday was the best I could do - adding 6hrs on Sunday would have been a welcome boost in pay for me.

Seeing that is now an option for people, but that their 6hr Sunday shift is actually worth over 10hrs of standard pay - spoiled bastards.

Give me a magic wand and I'd abolish penalty rates in an instant. They make no sense.
    My first job was working at BWS. I loved working Mondays. Hardly any customers. Just put away stock in peace and quiet. Weekends were non stop. Running around all day juggling restocking and serving customers.

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some interesting edits here.

Interesting how this independant body was formed by the Rudd Government, but it's all the liberals fault.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Work_Commission
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. - Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see lots of people spouting "we live in a 24/7 society now" well when I can access all services my tax dollars pay for 24/7/365 then I will concede this point. until then, anyone who works socially and family unfriendly hours deserves every cent of the extra money they get and more.

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't get the fuss.

How don't they make sense ? You get paid extra to work a day that nobody wants to work. After 6 years in retail with the majority spent working weekends, I can see it makes heaps of sense. I sacrifice weekend time with my friends and missing family social events so that I can earn some money due to the fact I'm busy during normal opening hours. I bet you'll be first in line to bitch and moan when there's reduced staff at the coffee shop/bike shop because nobody wants to work those days for pittance.
    Rest in Peace

A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.
    Likes dwillia, Halo_2, datsikk, Mr Nobody liked this post

Motorbike
    2015 MT07 2012 FZ8n
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    I bet you'll be first in line to bitch and moan when there's reduced staff at the coffee shop/bike shop because nobody wants to work those days for pittance.
    unfortunately there are always people who will work for a pittance, people with little or no skills, recent migrants, etc. So we can also expect customer service and quality to decline along with their living standards. This angers me in the same way pay day loans and the like do...... the people who can least afford it are the most affected.
    Likes Halo_2 liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Dealer View Post
    My first job was working at BWS. I loved working Mondays. Hardly any customers. Just put away stock in peace and quiet. Weekends were non stop. Running around all day juggling restocking and serving customers.
    Even working in corrections for us officers it's busier in most posts! During the week the majority go to work for ~6 1/2 hrs but weekends they are in their blocks making enquiries, they have visits so all their relies and friends need to be processed/searched etc, more searches conducted around the gaol etc etc
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Speed Dealer, Benzo liked this post

Motorbike
    Japanese
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advocating that those in the lowest-paid industries in Australia take a pay cut, during an extended period of stagnant wage growth, is a dog move.

It really is. Whether one "gets it" or not is irrelevant.
    Likes Ryanoceros, Tim the PM, peter600, optimal liked this post

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How don't they make sense ? You get paid extra to work a day that nobody wants to work. After 6 years in retail with the majority spent working weekends, I can see it makes heaps of sense. I sacrifice weekend time with my friends and missing family social events so that I can earn some money due to the fact I'm busy during normal opening hours. I bet you'll be first in line to bitch and moan when there's reduced staff at the coffee shop/bike shop because nobody wants to work those days for pittance.
    Oh fuck off*. I worked "6 years in retail" and I continue to work Saturdays and Sundays in my current job.

Where does this myth come from that "nobody wants to work" on weekends? They sure a shit look just as happy about working weekends as they do working weekdays.

Poor you "sacrificing weekend time".

It really does suck that now-a-days people "sacrifice" leisure time in order to get a fucking job.

*I say "fuck off" as a term of endearment
    Likes Joe Shabadoo, Aufitt liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck off*. I worked "6 years in retail" and I continue to work Saturdays and Sundays in my current job.

Where does this myth come from that "nobody wants to work" on weekends? They sure a shit look just as happy about working weekends as they do working weekdays.

Poor you "sacrificing weekend time".

It really does suck that now-a-days people "sacrifice" leisure time in order to get a fucking job.

*I say "fuck off" as a term of endearment
    What are you on about dude ? While you are at work during the week, I will be studying (which I don't get paid to do). The only opportunity I have to earn money is in the little free time I am afforded, and now it has been undemocratically decided that my time is worth less than it used to be. Without students working weekends or people sacrificing their weekend days to earn a few more dollars, you wouldn't be able to find things to complain about at all the businesses you visit on the weekend.

You make it seem as if I'm bitching that I have to work weekends ? Or is this another one of those instances where you lump everyone into the 'millennial' basket and have a go because you're thirty something and think you know better ?

I value being able to visit businesses on the weekend, and I value employees that work the days nobody else wants to work. Maybe if you thought a bit less about yourself and more about others, you would feel the same ?
    Rest in Peace

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    next thing you'll be moaning that you should get paid to study
    harden up princess, or the world will all be rather unpleasant for your working life

my schedule this week was 6am starts each morning, i finished at 11pm, midnight, 7pm, 3am last night, and have just finished work but will do a few more hours later tonight, and probably 5 hours each night on the weekend. that's after spending much moneys on postgrad studies.

still, at least my taxes will have paid for about a dozen smelly hippy arts students to smoke weed for a year.

btw, you're a shit troll. you should stop. you shouldn't be enraged by every issue, it is deleterious to your objective do so. the trick to trolling is also to post an inflammatory argument or position in a thread where others will feel strongly about, then stop posting.
    Likes Shady7/8, Aufitt liked this post

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    +1 I'd bet my left nut that the number of "extra" jobs created is 2/5 th's of fuck all and all it will mean is that lower paid workers will need to work more hours to get the same money which plays into the hands of the businesses again as they get more hours out of their slaves for no extra $
    Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    So I assume the company's that charge a Sunday surcharge will be reducing that?
    "In paragraph 632 of the FWC’s full decision, it states that the notion of lower wage costs leading to lower prices, increased demand and increased labour was “not supported” by “any” of the employers who presented submissions."
    http://thenewdaily.com.au/money/2017...tes-australia/
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    2014 Ninja 300
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwillia View Post
    unfortunately there are always people who will work for a pittance, people with little or no skills, recent migrants, etc. So we can also expect customer service and quality to decline along with their living standards. This angers me in the same way pay day loans and the like do...... the people who can least afford it are the most affected.
    The majority of migrants are skilled workers, a large proportion of whom already have secured work...

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you on about dude ? While you are at work during the week, I will be studying (which I don't get paid to do). The only opportunity I have to earn money is in the little free time I am afforded, and now it has been undemocratically decided that my time is worth less than it used to be.
    Why is your time worth so much more than the person who works during the week? Who by being there 5 days a week vs your 2 is likely to be more effective and efficient at their job.

If the hours worked are standard operating hours, and your not being taken advantage of then I don't see any reason for penalties. If however your normal hours are Mon-Fri and you are required to work weekends, or offered the opportunity, then I wholeheartedly support penalties. These are the people who are genuinely sacrificing personal time, and deserve the reward for doing so.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady7/8 View Post
    Why is your time worth so much more than the person who works during the week? Who by being there 5 days a week vs your 2 is likely to be more effective and efficient at their job.

If the hours worked are standard operating hours, and your not being taken advantage of then I don't see any reason for penalties. If however your normal hours are Mon-Fri and you are required to work weekends, or offered the opportunity, then I wholeheartedly support penalties. These are the people who are genuinely sacrificing personal time, and deserve the reward for doing so.
    Did you even look which industries are being affected by the cuts ? They're industries that have most of their customers on the weekend, so yes, weekend workers will have a higher workload because there are more customers to serve. It's not affecting people that sell glass or work in warehouses, it's people who generally don't earn very much to begin with.
    Rest in Peace

Likes stromrider liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    next thing you'll be moaning that you should get paid to study
    harden up princess, or the world will all be rather unpleasant for your working life

my schedule this week was 6am starts each morning, i finished at 11pm, midnight, 7pm, 3am last night, and have just finished work but will do a few more hours later tonight, and probably 5 hours each night on the weekend. that's after spending much moneys on postgrad studies.

still, at least my taxes will have paid for about a dozen smelly hippy arts students to smoke weed for a year.

btw, you're a shit troll. you should stop. you shouldn't be enraged by every issue, it is deleterious to your objective do so. the trick to trolling is also to post an inflammatory argument or position in a thread where others will feel strongly about, then stop posting.
    It's a good thing I'm not studying an arts degree then, isn't it ? I saved all the money I require to study (no bank of mum and dad) by working, so I'm not sure why you think I believe I'm entitled to get paid to study.

I'm not trolling dude. When decisions made by politicians in Canberra impact my life or the lives of people I care about, why shouldn't I be annoyed ?
    Rest in Peace

Likes stromrider liked this post