Liked
    4010 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's dangerously logical Rich...

And why the motorbike community throwing money at a car club just won't work. That's why the current impasse, to which I see 2 ways forward:
    1. motorbikes go their own way
    2. cars and bikes jointly pay for and run a venue
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/
    Likes brendanc, keys, Stephan, =Maz=, Cbr1k liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfridge View Post
    That's dangerously logical Rich...

And why the motorbike community throwing money at a car club just won't work. That's why the current impasse, to which I see 2 ways forward:
    1. motorbikes go their own way
    2. cars and bikes jointly pay for and run a venue
    So MCRCWA, MA, MWA build their own track...

Or an independent body takes control of the current track for the good of all motorsports...
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's all fine and dandy. But does MWA have any money to go halves in a race track.

I keep hearing about a track fund but little has come of it.
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. - Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader

Motorbike
    Triumph Street Triple R, GSX-R750 Trackbike
    Liked
    1143 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its time for WA to have a Motorsports WA

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Yes the WASCC own the lease and the track which they built, paid for and maintained. As you would expect.
    Excuse me if this has been explained, I've honestly tried to follow and can't see it anywhere, and have asked in the past and not seen an answer but...
    I thought they were given the lease and allowed to build and maintain a track on the proviso that it was maintained as a facility for ALL motor sports. Is that correct?

If it is correct then my next question is....
    Since it seems that the track is not currently in a condition suitable for bikes to use; doesn't that mean that WASCC haven't maintained the track for the use of ALL motor sports?

If so, why isn't it up to WASCC to bring the track back to the required standard for ALL motor sports?

I'm sorry if that over simplified things, but for me this seems pretty key to the whole thing.
    "Speed Kills". The stupid person's answer to a complex problem.
    Likes Cbr1k, Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post
    That's all fine and dandy. But does MWA have any money to go halves in a race track.

I keep hearing about a track fund but little has come of it.
    I doubt it...

So then you have to look to either Government or Private funding...

I can't see Private funding being possible in the current economic climate...

So that leaves Government funding...

Which should only go to an Independent body for the good of all motorsport...

But you knew I was going to say that...

Motorbike
    2012 D675R,,,2010 HD FB Blart Blart
    Liked
    341 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see the minutes/transcripts for the last 10 years from MWA to WASCC noting the requests for track improvements for motorcycles (if there was any apart from the noting of it on the track license inspection reports), and the WASCC's replies.

I'm guessing the replies were chew 's no.3 answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    I doubt it...

So then you have to look to either Government or Private funding...

I can't see Private funding being possible in the current economic climate...

So that leaves Government funding...

Which should only go to an Independent body for the good of all motorsport...

But you knew I was going to say that...
    It that you Rich... inshed 😜
    Likes keys liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The WASCC Committee in 2014 did say they they were working with Parks and Wildlife to obtain the adjacent land lease as a venue for a range of motorsports.

They identified, with the assistance of DSR, a more "independent management structure was desirable."

Cool! That must be the secret stuff they are not talking about.

Nothing more to see here.

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe it's time for a psb poll ?

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are they not entitled to any government funds, the same as a multitude of other sports clubs which seem to have no problem getting funds for change rooms for a couple of dozen players?
    Because the multitude of other sports have a controlling body that has the interest of improving the sport as a whole not just one club as per government policy.

The chew "Club of Shit Stirring Arseholes" (CSSA) has regularly applied for a grant for a cauldron and large wooden spoon and been knocked back because we need a controlling body but any meetings to that end dissolve into shit stirring each other for self interest.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes keys, SpeedTrip liked this post

Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To address the errors in the OP of this thread I offer the following information from the WASCC regarding funding received from Government bodies:

"Late 1960s a loan of $150,000 was provided by the Shire of Wanneroo to assist with funding construction of the track. This loan was repaid in full by the WASCC.

2004 WASCC received a grant to assist with the cost of resurfacing the track. This work cost $500,000 and the WA state government generously contributed nearly $130,000 of this.

2011 V8SC infield pits – This was virtually forced upon the WASCC by the political clout of V8SC who demanded the facilities. WASCC had to provide approximately $1.5M itself towards the project. The arrangement was for WASCC to manage the project with any savings made through efficiencies and use of voluntary labour to be retained by WASCC for track improvements, including the grant of lease and initial development of the land North of Wattle Ave for future extension of the track.
    Unfortunately the WASCC committee at the time (aligned with MSWA), facing imminent defeat at the forthcoming AGM, returned approximately $2.5M to DSR stating “all required work was completed”

I believe a retraction would be in order.
    Simply type "barbagallo raceway 15 million" into Google and see what pops up?

Something like this comes up https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.a...Supercars.aspx

"“The State Government recognised in 2010 that there was an urgent need to improve facilities here at Barbagallo and committed $15million to these redevelopments.
    “The drivers, their crews, race officials, the media and the public will notice big improvements.”
    Current construction work includes an in-field pit lane and garage facility; a pedestrian bridge to link the in-field and out-field; and a new out-field facility on the western side comprising driver briefing room and media interviewing area, media room, stewards’ facilities, race control, timing control, commentating and spectator viewing area, and raceway administration facilities."

Showing the WA Govt committed $15 Million to the upgrades to Barbagallo Raceway which is run by the WASCC

I am not sure why a retraction is required, the Government has put money into the track and the WASCC has gained benefit from infield garages, the medical centre etc and not just for the V8 Supercars.
    Quote Originally Posted by a Keyboard Warrior
    I haven't been there myself, but by looking at it from google earth. Looks pretty bad IMO.

Motorbike
    2012 D675R,,,2010 HD FB Blart Blart
    Liked
    341 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was witness to the fact that was some form of motorsports activity on the track this afternoon around 1540 31/3/17...
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    I was witness to the fact that was some form of motorsports activity on the track this afternoon around 1540 31/3/17...
    Stole Mxr s?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    Stole Mxr s?
    Definitely cars with afternoon sun reflecting off them.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In response to the thread title and reading the various reports etc, Yes, the sooner the better.

Means we may end up with a multi use facility in the next five years.

The WASCC can keep their track and a lot of motorsport users will then have a choice of tracks to wear their tyres evenly and the taxis can have a venue choice. Maybe one track each alternative year.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes Live to ride, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    S1000RR, Z800
    Liked
    220 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I must say the MWA AGM was a total waste of time. Absolutely nothing in the short term (not even for training purposes). They will not issue permits for Barbagello until ALL issues within the Hall Report have been addressed (if that's even possible), and nobody knows how long that will take. I don't think they've even worked out who's gonna pay for it, what needs to be done, or even if or when they are going to start. Further discussion's with DSR and WASCC are going be happening over the next week or so, basically nothing has changed for months (they're too busy passing the buck to get the job done).
    They made it clear they don't supply the track, they just license it and issue permits if they comply. Barbagello doesn't comply and apparently other tracks around Australia will come under the same scrutiny when applying their new guidelines over the next twelve months.
    +1 for a new organized organization to cover all Motorsports.

Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chew View Post
    The WASCC can keep their track and a lot of motorsport users will then have a choice of tracks to wear their tyres evenly and the taxis can have a venue choice. Maybe one track each alternative year.
    The only reason for barriers is to keep people from getting to close/getting hit. Since spectator numbers at motorbike events are relatively low, a new venue can have one area for spectators and the rest of the track can be barrier free. Yes, in the far distance surrounding the track you need a fence to keep kangaroos, unicorns and that escaped quokka away, but this way, the majority of the track can be barrier free.
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    The only reason for barriers is to keep people from getting to close/getting hit. Since spectator numbers at motorbike events are relatively low, a new venue can have one area for spectators and the rest of the track can be barrier free. Yes, in the far distance surrounding the track you need a fence to keep kangaroos, unicorns and that escaped quokka away, but this way, the majority of the track can be barrier free.
    They can save a fortune by removing all the bituman ( bitter men) and just have dirt ...that'll slow them down soooo much no fences will be needed..
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes potato, Live to ride liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by datsikk View Post
    No.

The idea would be to make it economically viable, that would mean attracting spectators.

I have walked P.I., Eastern Creek, Bathurst, most of Barbs (Grrr) and some of Sepang (again, Grrr).

If you build a decent track you will get events and spectators.
    Likes keys liked this post

Motorbike
    Gen1 Hayabusa turbo
    Liked
    190 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to getting access to a decent track again, I'd really like to see a 1km drag event open to bikes in WA.

While RAC had no issue with 200+ kmh on their tiny circuit when DTEC was open and someone is still covering Collie motorplex, RaceWars supposedly "can't get the insurance" for a straight line event at Albany airport with quite literally enough runoff for a 737.

One of the organisers seems to have a chip on his shoulder about riders in general though

Wyllie airstrip surface isn't really suited to bikes, but if something could be worked out with Albany airport or other similar venue that would be amazing. We could, uh, stupilate a new precident
    Last edited by House; 11-04-2017 at 10:55 PM.