User Tag List

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 739

Thread: WASCC plan for bikes at barbs

  1. #441
    Member keys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    bedford
    Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Posts
    3,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    A new track managed by the WASCC? That would be the dumbest thing to happen in this state for the last... well 5 minutes... but you get my point.

    Edit:

    I'll expand on this before I get negged into oblivion.

    I have no beef with the WASCC, I've driven the track as much as I have ridden it, but the obligations of WASCC are to its members. That is why you need an independent motorsport body to apply for government funding and manage facilities for the good of all the motorsports enthusiast in WA.
    Why do you dislike this Tim the PM , why does WASCC have to manage a new track ?
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

  2. #442
    Member nos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    NoR
    Motorbike
    KTM 390 Duke | KTM 250 EXC-F
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    Which government funding would that be?

    76 T
    Er, the government funding an independent body could get to manage facilities and promote motorsports and road safety in WA?

  3. #443
    Member Joe Shabadoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NoR
    Motorbike
    a couple...
    Liked
    585 times
    Posts
    5,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    Don't be sorry for driving around the country doing track days. Sounds like important business

    So a proposal put forward on the 23rd of March has been accepted and will become the basis of a new raceway precinct?

    BTW any presentation to Peter Watson would of been a waste of time as he was never appointed as Sports Minister.

    This sounds like the crackpot proposal of mssrs Elliott and Mathers.

    76 T
    What a shitcunt comment
    You'd be doing pretty well in life to do half of what Scott has even despite shitcunt bandwagoners

    How many costed and planned track designs have you gained the governments ear.. If not support for?
    Likes marras, Thomas Peel, keys, nos, Rich... and 7 others liked this post

  4. #444
    Member marras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NOR
    Liked
    379 times
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Why do you dislike this Tim the PM , why does WASCC have to manage a new track ?
    Waiting Tim the PM
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

  5. #445
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Hamilton Hill
    Motorbike
    79 Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    Er, the government funding an independent body could get to manage facilities and promote motorsports and road safety in WA?
    Why do you expect government to fund anything?

    We, as motorcyclists are such a small percentage of any part of our community.

    I want to get back on track but I can't see why it should be government that has to get us there. It is a bit like taking welfare.

    If given the choice between a racetrack or more nurses/hospitals/schools/police etc, I would let the racetrack pass.

    Motorsport is not like kids footy, I see the value of putting into youth development. Look at the kit we require for motorcycle racing, bike $ 0000, leathers $ 0000 Helmet $ 000 licence $ 300 entry $250. So we spend so much on our kit, the type of money many families can only dream of, then we expect the government (read "the people") to build us a racetrack to play on.

    76 T
    Last edited by 76 Trident; 01-05-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    Dislikes boydey disliked this post

  6. #446
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staged return?
    Open or closed, what stages are in between those two?
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

  7. #447
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ...
    Motorbike
    ...
    Liked
    5260 times
    Posts
    22,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    Why do you expect government to fund anything?

    We, ad motorcyclists are such a small percentage of any part of our community.

    I want to get back on track but I can't see why it should be government that has to get us there. It is a bit like taking welfare.
    So you expect a car club to have motorcyclists best interests at heart?
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

  8. #448
    Member marras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NOR
    Liked
    379 times
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Open or closed, what stages are in between those two?
    I've heard a whisper of training first. That is not to exceed 120kph.

    That would be stage 1

  9. #449
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    I've heard a whisper of training first. That is not to exceed 120kph.

    That would be stage 1
    Woohoo and once you're off the L plates, what next ?
    Will the car club have a revenue camera at the bottom of the hill?
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes Cbr1k liked this post

  10. #450
    Member keys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    bedford
    Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Posts
    3,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    I've heard a whisper of training first. That is not to exceed 120kph.

    That would be stage 1
    Stage 1 otherwise known as lease compliance
    Likes Green Trident, Corona 122, Rich... liked this post

  11. #451
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Hamilton Hill
    Motorbike
    79 Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    So you expect a car club to have motorcyclists best interests at heart?
    They seem to have our best interest at heart moreso than MA/MWA!

    76 T
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post
    Dislikes Shady7/8 disliked this post

  12. #452
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ...
    Motorbike
    ...
    Liked
    5260 times
    Posts
    22,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    They seem to have our best interest at heart moreso than MA/MWA!

    76 T
    See the post above yours...

  13. #453
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Stage 1 otherwise known as lease compliance
    Can you point to where in the WASCC lease for the land it says they have to allow motorcycles access?

    Pointless question I know but in response to a pointless comment

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    See the post above yours...
    Rich you're a smart guy, why don't you talk to the WASCC GM and President like others have and find out what their motivation really is?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Open or closed, what stages are in between those two?
    Advanced training/ Trackdays etc/ limited class racing/ open class racing... not hard if you think about it!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    I've heard a whisper of training first. That is not to exceed 120kph.

    That would be stage 1
    I'm guessing any limits will be set by MWA not WASCC

  14. #454
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Why do you dislike this Tim the PM , why does WASCC have to manage a new track ?
    Before the MSWA debacle the CoW was ready to sign the lease for the land to the WASCC who have had tentative plans for the track extension for years.
    DSR had given the money to get it started (in the form of savings made by WASCC in managing the infield pits project) but that money was returned by MSWA as part of their plan to gain control themselves.

    If it came to it that a truly independent body (not a company with paid directors seeking profit) was to run the venue I wouldn't necessarily oppose the idea.
    Likes 76 Trident liked this post
    Dislikes keys, boydey, Shady7/8 disliked this post

  15. #455
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Hamilton Hill
    Motorbike
    79 Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Stage 1 otherwise known as lease compliance
    I think you would find, as lease holder the car club can pick and choose who can have access to the track.

    As with most leases, they will have the right to go about their lawful business without hindrance.

    76 T
    Likes Tim the PM, henrys liked this post
    Dislikes boydey disliked this post

  16. #456
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ...
    Motorbike
    ...
    Liked
    5260 times
    Posts
    22,201
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Before the MSWA debacle the CoW was ready to sign the lease for the land to the WASCC who have had tentative plans for the track extension for years.
    DSR had given the money to get it started (in the form of savings made by WASCC in managing the infield pits project) but that money was returned by MSWA as part of their plan to gain control themselves.

    If it came to it that a truly independent body (not a company with paid directors seeking profit) was to run the venue I wouldn't necessarily oppose the idea.
    That doesn't even make sense Tim...

    The WASCC got the money granted by the Govt and didn't spend it all on the pits and then a different entity (MSWA) gave that money back?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    I think you would find, as lease holder the car club can pick and choose who can have access to the track.
    And that's the reason why they shouldn't hold the lease...

    Dig up...
    Likes keys, Shady7/8 liked this post

  17. #457
    Member marras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NOR
    Liked
    379 times
    Posts
    2,199
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim the PM your useless dribble with nothing more than you sucking WASCC cock is fucking annoying.
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post
    Dislikes Tim the PM disliked this post

  18. #458
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    Tim the PM your useless dribble with nothing more than you sucking WASCC cock is fucking annoying.
    Typically non constructive post from you...

  19. #459
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,721
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    That doesn't even make sense Tim...

    The WASCC got the money granted by the Govt and didn't spend it all on the pits and then a different entity (MSWA) gave that money back?
    ...
    I CBF explaining the entire scenario again... but I forgot to add a critical point.

    As part of the deal (having the pits forced upon them with the proviso that any savings made would be kept by the WASCC and used towards the track extension) the WASCC were required to spend $1.5M of its own money on the pit project. Any attempt to reneg on granting the lease for the land North of the track would obviously be met with a sound legal challenge.

  20. #460
    Member Corona 122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lost
    Motorbike
    GSX1400
    Liked
    746 times
    Posts
    3,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    I CBF explaining the entire scenario again... but I forgot to add a critical point.

    As part of the deal (having the pits forced upon them with the proviso that any savings made would be kept by the WASCC and used towards the track extension) the WASCC were required to spend $1.5M of its own money on the pit project. Any attempt to reneg on granting the lease for the land North of the track would obviously be met with a sound legal challenge.
    A handshake deal with a former government and no signed lease. Good luck with that legal action.

    Until a lease is signed WASCC are only living in hope and are foolish to make promises or plans for the land to the north.
    The Bend

    Hurry Up!!!
    Likes keys, Shady7/8 liked this post

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •