950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedTrip View Post
    WASCC
    "At its last meeting, Committee resolved that WASCC would agree to take part in a jointly funded study with the City of Wanneroo and the Department of Sport and Recreation to develop a Master Plan"

I wonder if that meeting went something like this ...

Strange that release has only been made by WASCC , probably got the Mayor pissed on free champagne
    Likes Corona 122 liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tim the PM and 76 Trident , would you support a NT model here in WA, since it does represent all of motorsport?
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    79 Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Tim the PM and 76 Trident , would you support a NT model here in WA, since it does represent all of motorsport?
    Yes of course I would.

But can't see it happening. This new government will struggle for a few years before anything but election promises get attention.

In the absence of an NT style motorsport model, I will go with what we have got. There is no choice if you want to stay active and on track.

76 T
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    Yes of course I would.

But can't see it happening. This new government will struggle for a few years before anything but election promises get attention.

In the absence of an NT style motorsport model, I will go with what we have got. There is no choice if you want to stay active and on track.

76 T
    Have a read of this DSR seem to have the funds needed

https://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/docs/defau...r.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Liked
    6631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Wow, 28 pages of passionate debate.
    Can I just ask how many of you are actively involved in road racing in this state and in what capacity?
    So many experts with nothing to add more than hearsay and rumours.
    For what it's worth, I average around 35 days each year at the track with MCRC and the odd Historic meeting.
    I don't have any numbers for Trackdayz or Champions but rest assured if we had a purpose built track for bikes it would go broke within a year.
    Much as I would love to see a new track, the numbers to make it viable simply don't add up
    It is Perth, it is what it is.
    Build an international spec track and they will come?
    Nice idea but MCRCWA almost went belly up after putting on an international event a few years ago.
    Likes 76 Trident, Crobbo, Para045, Tim the PM, Cbr1k and 1 others liked this post

Motorbike
    79 Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Have a read of this DSR seem to have the funds needed

https://www.dsr.wa.gov.au/docs/defau...r.pdf?sfvrsn=0
    Not getting much with the download from your link. But have downloaded the DSR 15-16 annual report.

I cannot find anything that suggests they have funding for a new raceway. I would be pleased if you can point me to a page or item number,

Thanks

76 T

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 76 Trident View Post
    Yes of course I would.

76 T

I'd tend to agree, given that for an NT style motorsports model to work would entail having a new specially built track for all types of motorsports
    I wouldn't expect WASCC to just turn over control of Barbs to another body given all the work/time and money they've expended over the years
    Why would they and why should they?
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Old frt View Post
    Can I just ask how many of you are actively involved in road racing in this state and in what capacity?
    For what it's worth, I average around 35 days each year at the track with MCRC and the odd Historic meeting.
    I don't have any numbers for Trackdayz or Champions but rest assured if we had a purpose built track for bikes it would go broke within a year.
    Much as I would love to see a new track, the numbers to make it viable simply don't add up
    Nice idea but MCRCWA almost went belly up after putting on an international event a few years ago.
    I agree a purpose built bike track would be dumb , a motorsports park is the only way forward

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    I'd tend to agree, given that for an NT style motorsports model to work would entail having a new specially built track for all types of motorsports
    I wouldn't expect WASCC to just turn over control of Barbs to another body given all the work/time and money they've expended over the years
    Why would they and why should they?
    That's what I said in another thread. Why hand over something they built and paid for. (Yes yes public money blah blah)

If it was me I'd have a D10 run a few laps with the rippers down before the lease expired unless the state wanted to buy my assets.

It is a commercial lease afterall.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree a purpose built bike track would be dumb , a motorsports park is the only way forward
    What has always confused me is why isn't a track planned for the Kwinana complex?

Already has drags and speedway, it's built on land that no houses will ever be built near, has better access than Barbs and many other advantages...

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    What has always confused me is why isn't a track planned for the Kwinana complex?

Already has drags and speedway, it's built on land that no houses will ever be built near, has better access than Barbs and many other advantages...
    The reason in bold maybe
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post
    That's what I said in another thread. Why hand over something they built and paid for. (Yes yes public money blah blah)

If it was me I'd have a D10 run a few laps with the rippers down before the lease expired unless the state wanted to buy my assets.

No one wanted the WASCC to hand over the track they can remain owners and lease thier track to a independent body to run , that's how the mswa deal was going to be run .

Motorbike
    KTM 390 Duke | KTM 250 EXC-F
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crobbo View Post

If I was the council I'd point out that if you want to be a cunt consider you have to make good the site at the end of the lease (most likely, I haven't seen the lease). In fact a deal to waiver the make good might even be financially advantageous for the WASCC with only 5 years left on the lease.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one wanted the WASCC to hand over the track they can remain owners and lease thier track to a independent body to run , that's how the mswa deal was going to be run .
    Yep, the NT model is not about stealing club assets but about promoting motorsport.

If a club is controlling a valuable state asset and restricting its use to the detriment of motorsport, then change is needed, is it not?

The motorcycling consumer base for track use has increased exponentially in recent years as a result of safety education and policing so the market is now there.

I'm very surprised at the resistance to this change.
    Likes Corona 122, marras liked this post

Liked
    2943 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a spectator, as previously stated, who is totally bemused by the whole thing.

My impression is that no one believes a dedicated motorcycle track is actually viable and very few are advocating that.

What most people (I suspect a lot in the car club as well) would like to see is a better facility. By that I mean a longer wider track as opposed to the current one.

The current owners of the track have never been seen to be stepping that way in a positive manner, that is, getting all interested parties in to lobby as a group for change, whether with gubmint assist or not. So there is a lot of scepticism.

Change is inevitable. Resistance is futile.
    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Motorbike
    Battered 2006 R6
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a race bike last yr to race club 600. What great timing.. I dont care anymore 'who' does it, I will back whoever gets motorcycle racing back, period. Sorry if this sounds selfish.
    Likes henrys liked this post

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anreV11 View Post
    Bought a race bike last yr to race club 600. What great timing.. I dont care anymore 'who' does it, I will back whoever gets motorcycle racing back, period. Sorry if this sounds selfish.
    Yep, I got a third last year for period 6. Bad timing alright.

Motorbike
    XDiavel - Low Rider S - F3800 - RC390 - M659 - CBR250R - VRod
    Liked
    1391 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a track that is built and catered for all types of motorsport to be feasible as Old Fart has mentioned their are not enough of us,

unless we want to have a small RAC type track just for us?

My money is on a new track designed for everyone and run by everyone, lets see who the winners and losers are as everything unfolds.

RR

Motorbike
    XDiavel - Low Rider S - F3800 - RC390 - M659 - CBR250R - VRod
    Liked
    1391 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anreV11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAZL View Post
    Yep, I got a third last year for period 6. Bad timing alright.

bhhahaha, we bought a KTM and spent buckets of money est 30k+ on the project, had to go over east in the end but still having a great time and just think when we come back to WA we will be ready!

my 30-35k looks like nothing however to some of my customers that have 80k+ track bikes, there is always someone else worse off somewhere, just have to find them is all lol

RR

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone expects to have a motorcycle exclusive track built, that's just silly...

A new one for all Motorsports? That would be nice...

The reality is, and I expect what the majority want and understand, is to have the current track upgraded and run by an independent body...

But when you start seeing releases that say the current lease holders will look at it if it doesn't disadvantage their members, and looking to do a study to implement things over 10 years you start to think a whole new track will be easier and quicker to get up and running...
    Likes Corona 122, keys, RRossi, =Maz=, anreV11 and 2 others liked this post