Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    Very considering riders have died
    Yes, to a point Richard.
    But in a state with no other options of where to race, and dealing with a draconian minded managing club for many years, what would you have done?

Go to the government and try to find some land to build your own track (done), try and convince government to change the way things are run (done), show the operators the evidence that changes should be made (done) or pull the plug on racing back in 2009?
    Likes Corona 122, keys liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thro Here's a screen dump from a report pm me a email , I will send you the whole thing

Motorbike
    VJ22 RGV250, MC22 CBR250RR(R), CBR600RR, CBR1000RR Repsol
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keys
    I have a copy of the report already.

I am on the DSR mailing list for when it was to be available and read through it on the day it was released.

And as to whether or not anyone races; that horse has bolted.

The track has been found in violation of MA's own regs.

The only way forward from here is either:

- MA change their regs
    - Changes to the track are made.

I'm interested in seeing point 2 being followed up. I don't want the track closed, i want to run on it. But the only way that is going to happen is if it can be made compliant.

Right now all i see is a bunch of bitching over whether or not mods are even required (whether you think they are personally or not, the track isn't going to open without them due to legal risk) and had waving that "we've told WASCC" but that isn't enough. Someone needs to come up with a concrete plan (i.e., schematics, materials, costs, time-frames, etc.) to address the risks, put it forward and then either:

WASCC does it at no charge
    WASCC does it after funding is raised by MA/MWA or track fees
    WASCC does it after a government grant is raised

As I've mentioned above, just last year at least 3.9 million dollars in relevant, could have been used for Barbs, funding has been allocated to other purposes.

The funding is there. But without specific plans, costs, etc. no one is going to get shit. Especially if the bitching it even being required continues. Whether you think changes are necessary or not, you won't get back on track without them. The sooner everyone comes to terms with that, the better.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry I should have been clearer what I posted is from a MWA report from 2012
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" the funding is there'' ...all you have to do is apply for it.

I's dotted T's crossed.... eh?

So where are the improvements..?

Or has this boat sailed already...?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I should have been clearer what I posted is from a MWA report from 2012
    Phark...!

Procrastinators...

That's a fail in 'Duty Of Care' by the operators of the "track" surely...?

How many riders' died since 2012.... I forget... Can you tell me again..???

Why wasn't "The Track" closed to M.C's back then..?

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    " the funding is there'' ...all you have to do is apply for it.

I's dotted T's crossed.... eh?

So where are the improvements..?

Or has this boat sailed already...?
    Likely because no one has made any sort of formal application, with an actual plan, because they're too busy deflecting criticism and justifying the status quo or trying to blame WASCC.

edit:
    Pretty sure i've also seen that 2012 report. And if i recall there was another one in 2009 or so.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa
    Likes 76 Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thro View Post

WASCC does it at no charge
    WASCC does it after funding is raised by MA/MWA or track fees
    WASCC does it after a government grant is raised
    WASCC doesn't do it because it doesn't benefit their members.
    Have you seen the release where that ^^^ is written thro?

It's a great get out of jail free card...
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    Have you seen the release where that ^^^ is written thro?

It's a great get out of jail free card...
    No i haven't. Link?

If its funding related that is covered by #2 or #3 if the relevant parties extract digit.

Motorbike
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Likely because no one has made any sort of formal application, with an actual plan.....
    Who knows how to deal with the GOV. Wahoo??? Agrid??? Thro...???

Can we do this...?????

"only to close the track on the day V8 Soupa Karz are spozed to race...?" --Due to required upgrades..--

That would break a deal... and apease Kharma.

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how to deal with government specifically, however I was just thinking this morning of sending the DSR an email requesting an outline of the process required.

However, i can't see any grant being issued without some actual specifics regarding costs, time frames, purpose/justification, etc.

Also, given WASCC are the circuit owners, then they would need to be onboard with it, as they will need to coordinate timing, construction, etc.

But again. Pretty sure i have seen mention that WASCC have offered to do the changes, so long as there is an actual plan provided.

Whether WASCC do it free or funding is required, the first order of business is:

- decide specifically how each risk will be addressed (MA/MWA)
    - costings
    - time-frames

THEN that will dictate how much funding is required, when it is required, and how it is to be raised.

Motorbike
    Liked
    5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i haven't. Link?

If its funding related that is covered by #2 or #3 if the relevant parties extract digit.
    https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...=1#post3350297

Page 3, last sentence of first paragraph of Responsibilities blah blah blah...

In fact that whole paragraph...

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    DSR have made it very clear they will not fund individual clubs and want a independent body in control
    IMHO that's the only reason wascc are even talking to bike riders , a new track is the only way forward from here
    Last edited by keys; 06-05-2017 at 04:45 PM.
    Likes AZAZL, brendanc, Corona 122, Live to ride liked this post

Motorbike
    s1000rr
    Liked
    101 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very considering riders have died
    Yes they have and it is an unfortunate part of our sport, if we shut down a racetrack everytime someone was fatality injured we would have no racing anywhere in the world. That said we should endeavor to make our tracks as safe as practically possible. Looking at the statistics though there are 3 incidents that are directly related to the track layout over rhe past 16 years and while i wish it was 0 it's not showing the track is a death trap either. We need to be realistic about the dangers and risks and as a rider we make our own decision i certainly think in the short-term we can improve the safety of the track to an acceptable level by just moving the t3 and t1 walls i don't believe the runoff is a problem unless there is a brake failure and no track runoff in the world can allow for brake failure
    Likes keys, Old frt liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonn View Post
    Yes they have and it is an unfortunate part of our sport, if we shut down a racetrack everytime someone was fatality injured we would have no racing anywhere in the world. That said we should endeavor to make our tracks as safe as practically possible. Looking at the statistics though there are 3 incidents that are directly related to the track layout over rhe past 16 years and while i wish it was 0 it's not showing the track is a death trap either. We need to be realistic about the dangers and risks and as a rider we make our own decision i certainly think in the short-term we can improve the safety of the track to an acceptable level by just moving the t3 and t1 walls i don't believe the runoff is a problem unless there is a brake failure and no track runoff in the world can allow for brake failure
    I have spent more than a few days flagging at turn 6 and seen quite a few close calls on the both entry and exit as well , I just can't see wascc doing anything if they can /are filling the the days up without bikes why bother fixing anything ?
    Likes Green Trident, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...=1#post3350297

Page 3, last sentence of first paragraph of Responsibilities blah blah blah...

In fact that whole paragraph...
    Seems entirely reasonable to me? (and in line with what i have posted above)

Motorcycle licensing body supplies requirements for licensing track for motorcycles, or WASCC does nothing?

Can lead horse to water, etc.. but...
    Likes 76 Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    4787 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DSR have made it very clear they will not fund individual clubs and want a independent body in control
    IMHO that's the only reason wascc are even talking to bike riders , a new track is the only way forward from here
    New track, or re-organisation of MWA/WASCC?

Government funding could be put into a third party who then allocates funds to WASCC (for allocation to track improvements) or elsewhere as appropriate?

New track is not "the only way forward"...

edit:
    Based on the treatment Aari got when making inquiries, I'm surprised WASCC haven't decided to just tell people to get fucked, they're too difficult to deal with, even if they take a 50% hit to track utilisation.
    Likes 76 Trident, BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Government funding could be put into a third party who then allocates funds to WASCC (for allocation to track improvements) or elsewhere as appropriate?

edit:
    Based on the treatment Aari got when making inquiries, I'm surprised WASCC haven't decided to just tell people to get fucked, they're too difficult to deal with, even if they take a 50% hit to track utilisation.
    Reality is, bikes only make up a small proportion of the usage anyway.

Can't remember the exact figure but it was around 10-15% of gross revenue came from bikes.

You have to wonder if it's worth it and if they could fill the days.
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.
    Likes thro liked this post

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

edit:

There's a meeting at the end of the month with Mr Hall DSR WASCC MA/MWA and I would hope MCRCWA as well

Hopefully there's a better outcome from that or a least a clear path forward with a time frame in place .
    Likes thro, BillyBoof, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an absolute truth. Fixing This track will be more cost effective than replacing it.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes anreV11 liked this post