User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2017 Brookton Sprint

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Perth "north"
    Liked
    201 times
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2017 Brookton Sprint



    This weekend first of the 2017 sprints and part of the Western Australian Off Road Championships. Free camping at the start property, helpers needed on timing and controls if you are so inclined. Who is in ??

    MM

  2. #2
    Member shortSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Posts
    5,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Arrgh fck. Has to be the same weekend as supercars. And that i planned a csmping trip elsewhere. I fail.
    Gonna get to some of these for a looksee...
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick
    Likes Marty MOOSE liked this post

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Perth "north"
    Liked
    201 times
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortSteve View Post
    Arrgh fck. Has to be the same weekend as supercars. And that i planned a csmping trip elsewhere. I fail.
    Gonna get to some of these for a looksee...
    They are needing help would be a great way to see how it all works. And yes you can camp for nicks As many as want to come welcome.

  4. #4
    Member shortSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Posts
    5,346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    They are needing help would be a great way to see how it all works. And yes you can camp for nicks As many as want to come welcome.
    I know there is a calendar somewhere here , but can you post these events like this one is maybe a few weeks out? Combine psb viewers, love of all things bikes, actual motorcycle racing and camping with mates could be a spectator win! Lead to more racers too
    Fingers crossed for the next one!

    sS
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick
    Likes Marty MOOSE liked this post

  5. #5
    Member Mr_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Byford
    Motorbike
    A slow one.......
    Liked
    2133 times
    Posts
    6,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strip all the long range gear of the DRz steve and have a crack!!!

    Sprints made me piss last year
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Perth "north"
    Liked
    201 times
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    strip all the long range gear of the DRz steve and have a crack!!!

    Sprints made me piss last year
    Wrong bike Mike

  7. #7
    Member Mr_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Byford
    Motorbike
    A slow one.......
    Liked
    2133 times
    Posts
    6,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    Wrong bike Mike
    True, I have a European 2 stroke now so I'm pretty much a shoe in to win the series.....
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

  8. #8
    Member Sprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The future
    Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Posts
    10,876
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Which one.... a 300EXC?

    S.
    Buy my KTM RC8. Stunning condition. Stock as a rock. https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=186147


    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Perth "north"
    Liked
    201 times
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    True, I have a European 2 stroke now so I'm pretty much a shoe in to win the series.....
    What did you get ? If it was that easy I'd buy one

  10. #10
    Member sucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    perth
    Motorbike
    06 ZX10R
    Liked
    10 times
    Posts
    788
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    strip all the long range gear of the DRz steve and have a crack!!!

    Sprints made me piss last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    Wrong bike Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    True, I have a European 2 stroke now so I'm pretty much a shoe in to win the series.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    What did you get ? If it was that easy I'd buy one
    i think what mr mike was saying was don't be such a elitist bike knob, you don't have the latest gear to still enjoy club level riding events.

    If someone wants to ride an enduro on a two wheeled tank and is having fun doing so then good on em.

    Me and a mate just rode the Brookton Sprint on KLR 250s, yes KLR 250s....
    We went in knowing that we would only be competing against each other, we just tried to stay out of everyones way and not hurt ourselves.
    In the end we both had a blast, and I got chauffeured home whilst enjoying some light refreshments (we had a wager that the slower rider would have to drive home).
    Obviously riding something that weighs as much as the yamato and turns about the same was pretty bloody punishing on the body and I was glad that they called it after running 5 loops.
    In summary we both enjoyed the challenge and both agree that given the choice we would have still entered the event.
    Last edited by sucka; 09-05-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Likes GsxInShed, waikiki liked this post

  11. #11
    Member Mr_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Byford
    Motorbike
    A slow one.......
    Liked
    2133 times
    Posts
    6,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka View Post
    i think what mr mike was saying was don't be such a elitist bike knob, you don't have the latest gear to still enjoy club level riding events.

    .
    I think Marty was referring to my comment about the sprint rounds making me piss, due to me being on a yz450f. Its a MX bike and not really designed for that type of riding so it did make it hard work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    What did you get ? If it was that easy I'd buy one
    Husqvarna WR300, there isn't much weight difference compared to my YZ450f but its just so much easier to ride and feels lighter. Even the gnarliest hill climbs I just hop and bounce up them now!
    B19 Oakford V.B.F.S
    Likes Marty MOOSE liked this post

  12. #12
    Member sucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    perth
    Motorbike
    06 ZX10R
    Liked
    10 times
    Posts
    788
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    strip all the long range gear of the DRz steve and have a crack!!!

    Sprints made me piss last year
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    Wrong bike Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    True, I have a European 2 stroke now so I'm pretty much a shoe in to win the series.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    What did you get ? If it was that easy I'd buy one
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mike View Post
    I think Marty was referring to my comment about the sprint rounds making me piss, due to me being on a yz450f. Its a MX bike and not really designed for that type of riding so it did make it hard work.



    Husqvarna WR300, there isn't much weight difference compared to my YZ450f but its just so much easier to ride and feels lighter. Even the gnarliest hill climbs I just hop and bounce up them now!
    Okay got you now, and no offence intended Marty Moose
    I understand the whole concept of having the right tool for the job. I just wanted to say for anyone that is stuck with obsolete equipment like me and are thinking of participating in an enduro event that you can still give it a go.
    Just make sure you prepare your bike thoroughly and try and get as fit as you can before the event. Recognise that you are only racing yourself, don't confuse your ambition with your ability and most importantly show courtesy to the faster guys (Everyone in my case) and you'll have a great time.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Perth "north"
    Liked
    201 times
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka View Post
    Okay got you now, and no offence intended Marty Moose
    I understand the whole concept of having the right tool for the job. I just wanted to say for anyone that is stuck with obsolete equipment like me and are thinking of participating in an enduro event that you can still give it a go.
    Just make sure you prepare your bike thoroughly and try and get as fit as you can before the event. Recognise that you are only racing yourself, don't confuse your ambition with your ability and most importantly show courtesy to the faster guys (Everyone in my case) and you'll have a great time.
    Yes was referring to mike beating himself up on his YZ450f wrong tool for the job and it made him piss would make most people piss.

    Sucka no elitist ego here I'm in it for the fun just like you. I know you rode those bikes I was one of scrutineer's and did your bike. Hope you had a blast I know I did. Mike will go heaps better and feel less beat up on his new steed.

    MM

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Perth "north"
    Liked
    201 times
    Posts
    3,359
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sucka View Post
    Okay got you now, and no offence intended Marty Moose
    I understand the whole concept of having the right tool for the job. I just wanted to say for anyone that is stuck with obsolete equipment like me and are thinking of participating in an enduro event that you can still give it a go.
    Just make sure you prepare your bike thoroughly and try and get as fit as you can before the event. Recognise that you are only racing yourself, don't confuse your ambition with your ability and most importantly show courtesy to the faster guys (Everyone in my case) and you'll have a great time.
    Sucka if you look up FO FO productions on facebook you will find some pics of you

  15. #15
    Member sucka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    perth
    Motorbike
    06 ZX10R
    Liked
    10 times
    Posts
    788
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
    Sucka if you look up FO FO productions on facebook you will find some pics of you
    Some great photos there, thanks for sharing
    Likes Marty MOOSE liked this post

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •