317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pair valve/AIS disable

Pair valve/AIS disable MT09

A simpler method that leaves all the plumbing in place and is therefore an easier task uses a block off rubber cap on the actual air delivery line into the pair valve and, presumably, another to block off the air box outlet

I did it a little different. On an MT09 under the left hand side of the tank just visible, near the little black plastic tank cover, is the air feed line...its a large bore light grey pipe. You can squeeze the line clamp where it enters the air box using long nose pliers and gently pull down on the lower part of the line that turns across the top of the motor and enters the valve body.

Once removed from the air box outlet pull the line free so you have access and remove the clamp and insert a marble. Replace the clamp and manoeuvre the line back into position just over the end of the airbox outlet you just removed it from. The fiddly bit is now getting some long nose pliers on the clamp and squeezing it while wiggling the pipe back over the outlet.

I ended up popping the seat off and undoing the two fuel tank bolts at the rear and slipping an inch piece of wood under it to lift the tank clear a bit. This gives you just enough room to get the clamp squeezed and the line back on.

End result no more backfire or flames from the exhaust. Any difference in ride will need to wait as I am not going on it due to shit weather atm.

This is for an MT09 but can be used for any machine with this pesky device fitted...simply find the air supply line to the valve and do the business...of course this has probably been discussed before.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even easier way, get a reflash that turns off the whole thing Oh and fixes all the other tune problems on the early model MT-09's.
    Ride to feel alive.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    This is for an MT09 but can be used for any machine with this pesky device fitted...simply find the air supply line to the valve and do the business...of course this has probably been discussed before.
    Yeah a few people have done the marble trick on FI BB's and VFR's I'm lucky my carbed Bird didn't have the PAIR system
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    2010 R1
    Liked
    75 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the major reasons for removing the AIS on the 09-14 R1s is to make spark plug changes easier... there are easier and cheaper ways to neutralise the AIS but removing the plumbing etc is one of the main drivers for doing it on the R1s.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    MT-09
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose the other route

Graves block off plates

Motorbike
    2006 CBR1000RR ... 2005 ER6-n still in pieces
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Pretty much the same for ER-6n/Ninja 650 too
    God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.