User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SWM superdual

Motorbike
    Benelli Tornado 900RS (Sadlt Sold), TnT R160 & Victory Judge :-)
    Liked
    311 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SWM superdual

HAs anyone had a ride or close inspection of the new SWM dirt bikes ? I'm considering one, either a 500, 650 or maybe the 21" front wheel version of the superdual.

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey R160,

Its in Italian but you get a pretty good look inside the swm factory. Some interesting bikes in design stage. Superdual looks the goods as far as a dirt ready tourer goes. Prices are pretty good too

Something interesting to note 'supposedly, (could be forum fiction)' about the superdual is that the model we are getting is the euro3 engine. If right there is a euro4 coming, due either late this year or early next. Would be wise to ask a rep about it if they are open to discussion. Considering parts availability in the future if the engine has major updates as the euro3 will be a very short production run.
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    Liked
    311 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear the 21" front wheel model will have abs and be euro 4 when it arrives later this year, the 21 is the one id be keen on.

Banned User
    Motorbike
    Tryhard Gayowner
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrsism View Post

Something interesting to note 'supposedly, (could be forum fiction)' about the superdual is that the model we are getting is the euro3 engine. If right there is a euro4 coming, due either late this year or early next. Would be wise to ask a rep about it if they are open to discussion. Considering parts availability in the future if the engine has major updates as the euro3 will be a very short production run.
    Most of the bikes that meet Euro 3 and then go on to be made Euro 4 compliant are restricted using mapping and exhaust, not internal engine parts. I think you'll find they'll be almost identical

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2...-really-means/

If you wanna know the meaning of Euro 3, Euro 4, etc etc

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all those swm dirt bikes use the old husky engines TE510, TE630 Etc pre BMW era and pretty sure there is no plans to change them any time soon as R&D & tooling for new engines is expensive

Motorbike
    Liked
    311 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, same old husky factory, I'm keen to go sus them out at max moto for a closer look..

Motorbike
    S.A.K.
    Liked
    43 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep point taken about the euro. Was thinking more along the lines of the smaller panigale line where they bumped the size. If thats the case and the 21 comes with euro 4 then youd be on a winner. Looks way better than either a klr or vstrom.

Hows the old huskies for reliabilty? I don't know anyone thats used one. One of the guys I used to work with had te310 which had a few probs but I'm pretty sure it was a bmw era.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/osbo...ke-/1142721918
    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Motorbike
    Liked
    311 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive heard the older MV owned husky were pretty good reliability wise and it dropped off during BMW ownership due to leaning on the motors more for more power. I'm not after a competition machine, also considering the 500 and 650