User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rider Down - Manning Road near Goss Ave.

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff, in my lay opinion, its mental confidence in the equipment that is hard to overcome (or rather the doubts - eg. expecting to slide off road when you hit some oily shit). if you've been practicing e-braking and rapid direction changes you'll know how little rain actually matters vs the capabilities of bike. would encourage you to learn what traction loss feels like though, you do get less warning when in wet, and muscle memory responses to a front/rear/both slide take a while. I still consider myself lucky when i recover them, which means am still surprised by em

i love rain tho. the more torrential the better.

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    good stuff, in my lay opinion, its mental confidence in the equipment that is hard to overcome (or rather the doubts - eg. expecting to slide off road when you hit some oily shit). if you've been practicing e-braking and rapid direction changes you'll know how little rain actually matters vs the capabilities of bike. would encourage you to learn what traction loss feels like though, you do get less warning when in wet, and muscle memory responses to a front/rear/both slide take a while. I still consider myself lucky when i recover them, which means am still surprised by em

The traction loss will always surprise you, if you knew it was going to happen you could likely take action beforehand and avoid it.

I like to think I have a pretty good feel for where the limit is, and I work on the 70% rule in the wet (at your best in poor conditions, the vehicle will behave at 70% of its dry weather ability).

Days like today (light overnight showers and greasy roads) are probably the worst imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM, YZ250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when its wet i take the tard and slide about, sportbikes feel like riding a hippo with a broken front leg in the wet
    Last edited by Hillz; 14-06-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post

Yeah I used to love it when I was younger, would get out on my old CB900F and love nothing better than spinning the rear up and drifting it through bends, I'm a little less inclined to take as many risks these days and still don't have an issue riding in the rain but don't seek it out
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graelin View Post
    Agreed, a group of us organised Friday Night Rides in Melville. The only rule was not to piss of locals where we went. We spent a lot of time with new riders trying to show them good riding at a safe speed. After that we would have dinner then the experienced riders would take off for a spirited ride (yes after one and a half hours of assisting we did feel we had our own needs too). While many took it in the spirit we got grizzles about us having our own ride, riders on Hyosung using extreme hanging off at push bike speeds. Try and give advice on how not to upset your bike going into corners etc was met negatively. One was more interested in riding slow concentrating on setting up his Go Pro then posting speeded up video on the internet to make it look lie we were hooning! We then banned go pro and you would think that the world had ended.

We GAVE UP.
    Camera's are an awesome educational tool.

Get one out and it encourages riders to start crashing. Young riders can then learn how not to ride. There is a veritable encyclopedia of how not to ride videos right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxU...7A2492C0B9CBFF
    -
    Likes Graelin liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile I wonder how the rider concerned in this thread is fairing.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes Browneyedgirl, Sprint liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda NC750D Integra
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    According to 9 news just now, his condition improved.

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    And that's one of the problems with PSB. Someone does us a favour by demonstrating how not to ride and people get wound up about others discussing what they could have done better. It's always the riders' fault.
    -
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found there isnt sufficient time to think about what you should or shouldn't be doing...as Joe Shabadoo says muscle memory is the only sure way and for that you need to experience the situation regularly.

The Yanks have a course for new riders...even returning riders to take...shame our government is interested in cash collection...maybe its about time there was something similar here...say out of the road trauma fund...better the prevention than the cure.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    street triple 675
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm...all we know is that a bike collided with a bus?? How do you learn from that...without knowing any details whatsoever?? Just curious.
    Best wishes to the rider.
    Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ride defensively you can anticipate what others might do...given that at least three recent bike related accidents have been others faults... its a good habit to practice.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast
    Likes Browneyedgirl, VTRdownunder liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accidents involving bikes tend to funnel into situations that in some cases are fatal.

avoid the funnel.....
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes VTRdownunder liked this post

Motorbike
    VTR1000
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My deepest commiseration to those who have been hurt.
    The instructors are teaching roadcraft and defensive riding as part of the new rider training courses let's not belittle what the instructors do after all they are increasing our numbers and in turn our visibility out there.
    We all enhance our survival skills over time and have close shaves to become the "proficient motorcyclists" we are now. As it was explained to me many years ago - Our problems as road users are quite unique in that minor mistakes or poor decisions often have disproportionate consequences amongst other road traffic this can very quickly resemble a jar of strawberry jam dropped from a great height.
    As to the suggestion that we "grizzly old b'stards" teach the youngsters out there to ride better, how's that going to work with insurance and liability. I can just see it now, honest your honour I was just trying to make a better rider of them it's not my fault they crashed trying to keep up!
    Ride defensively, ride to the conditions, realise that you are invisible to everyone else then expect to get aggressive action against you because motorcyclists are intimidating and you may just survive to ride another day.
    I don't do rain
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    street triple 675
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    If you ride defensively you can anticipate what others might do...given that at least three recent bike related accidents have been others faults... its a good habit to practice.
    Thank you. I agree...defensive riding is the way to go. And I have also observed that some accidents are not the fault of the rider and despite all best efforts... riders are down and hurt.
    What frustrates me about threads like this... is the generalisation and pontification.
    We don't know exactly what circumstances put this particular rider in such dire circumstances.
    I hope he and/or his friends aren't too upset by all the pontificating in this post.
    Yes...learn from others mistakes.
    But I would hope others would find out exactly what the circumstances were before you tell us that someone has shown us how not to ride.
    Life's short, stay close to the things that make you happy!!
    Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    Street Triple R. Bye bye bandit :(
    Liked
    126 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So um is it - a bus is coming, looks like rain or its raining, take the bus?

Any help here is appreciated ta.
    You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

PSB Corporate Sponsor PREMIUM potato's Avatar
    your paint/scratched it/crashed it smash repair shop
    Motorbike
    rattly v-twins-love em
    Liked
    1127 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Yeah I used to love it when I was younger, would get out on my old CB900F and love nothing better than spinning the rear up and drifting it through bends, I'm a little less inclined to take as many risks these days and still don't have an issue riding in the rain but don't seek it out
    yah, i hear you !

i'd love to watch that wise old sage ryanoSAURUS watch and follow TurboR1 round mundaring wier rd,on a fine and sunny sunday,hate to make it to hard on anyone!

joe SHABBADOO, Jamathi and Skut, oh and Sprint would have to be must haves !

Stoneville ,s andy would be good to have along

check ya diaries peeps and post up feedback

shortSteve ? martymoose ?

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    yah, i hear you !

i'd love to watch that wise old sage ryanoSAURUS watch and follow TurboR1 round mundaring wier rd,on a fine and sunny sunday,hate to make it to hard on anyone!

joe SHABBADOO, Jamathi and Skut, oh and Sprint would have to be must haves !

Stoneville ,s andy would be good to have along

check ya diaries peeps and post up feedback

shortSteve ? martymoose ?
    I think you need to change your name to vodka, because this potato contains 20 standard drinks
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.