User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rider Down - Manning Road near Goss Ave.

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rider Down - Manning Road near Goss Ave.

Green Kwaka down and in a very bad way. Not sure exactly but looks like a Zx6 maybe a 10.

Lots and lots of cops about. Didn't see a rider or car, but looks like it was a short time ago.

If I had to guess, car turned into oncoming rider judging by marks on the road and angle of the bike.

Hope riders ok to tell the tale there. Far too many of these lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    A Blek one.....
    Liked
    319 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Today the news said
    What You See

Isn't always what you get

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    3 Today the news said
    Shoulda done more track days.
    -

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping for a positive outcome...what is going on out there?
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    Yamaha MT-07
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    Or maybe if there was an old fossil on PSB to tell him "u shUuD ryde bETa mayT" they would've had a chance ? Instead of preaching from your rocking chair, why don't you hold a roadcraft night to share your road experience ?

Very chilling as I ride this road 2 times a day most weeks. I can certainly see how it happened, absolute tragedy
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Kawasaki Ninja
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    Or maybe if there was an old fossil on PSB to tell him "u shUuD ryde bETa mayT" they would've had a chance ? Instead of preaching from your rocking chair, why don't you hold a roadcraft night to share your road experience ?

Very chilling as I ride this road 2 times a day most weeks. I can certainly see how it happened, absolute tragedy
    I'de be down for a roadcraft night if its a ball someone wants to get rolling. Happy to help out with advise where i can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes SinRose, BillyBoof liked this post

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard shortsteve does very good roadcraft rides.

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too.

Was a sight to see - and not in a good way.

Motorbike
    Ducati 900 SS & 848 EVO & SC1000bp
    Liked
    158 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked the weekend in ED and quite a lot of riders came through the doors, all knocked off by cars.
    Some in really bad ways.
    Keep your eyes peeled guys

Likes Thomas Peel liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda Vfr 1200
    Liked
    68 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If an older rider give's roadcraft tips it is upto the person listening to take it on board and practice it.
    Give yourself some distance from the vehicle in front to give you a chance to react to any problems.
    Tp.
    Last edited by Thomas Peel; 15-06-2017 at 06:48 AM.
    Likes Tim the PM, Gim, Graelin, Sauer liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used to, but the general increasing trend in motorcyclists, especially since the onset of LAMS. Has been "Why do I need to learn to brake properly, I have ABS" and further such nonsense. Having heard that exact phase while coaching at a Trakdayz, where people are paying to learn, takes the shine off attempting to help those that need it the most.

Additionally holding a road craft course at night is counter productive unless you are showcasing night-specific items. Certain aspects of the LNR rides are particular shit for teaching anything close to good riding. Nail it on a straight, panic brake for a corner, wobble around it, then nail it on a straight again, all while holding poor road position so that corner markers can blast past you at warp 9.

Attempting to locate the 10% of learning road riders who have a genuine desire to learn to ride better and are then willing to listen and understand what is required is a tough one.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Buffy78, westy74, SinRose, Gim, Peaches and 2 others liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found taking ppl on night rides means they don't see debris on road so don't panic for it. A ride through next day shows em that a bit of gravel and such is really nothing to freak out about.

Really though. If you crash into a bus, your doing it wrong. Regardless of any bus stupid actions, they pretty easy to avoid
    Likes potato liked this post

Motorbike
    2010 repsol cbr1000r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agrid View Post
    Having done both you can't beat roadcraft experience that comes with age.
    Try Melbourne roads for hazards to motorcycles, pretty tame over here.
    Likes whowalks liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Used to, but the general increasing trend in motorcyclists, especially since the onset of LAMS. Has been "Why do I need to learn to brake properly, I have ABS" and further such nonsense. Having heard that exact phase while coaching at a Trakdayz, where people are paying to learn, takes the shine off attempting to help those that need it the most.

Additionally holding a road craft course at night is counter productive unless you are showcasing night-specific items. Certain aspects of the LNR rides are particular shit for teaching anything close to good riding. Nail it on a straight, panic brake for a corner, wobble around it, then nail it on a straight again, all while holding poor road position so that corner markers can blast past you at warp 9.

Attempting to locate the 10% of learning road riders who have a genuine desire to learn to ride better and are then willing to listen and understand what is required is a tough one.
    I totally get your point Robin and I remember you, me, and simon were talking about this exact scenario a few months ago on a social ride. I still think it would be beneficial to younger/inexperienced Perth riders to have *somebody* with a few years of decent riding experience in a mixture of environments give them some tips and tricks to riding in traffic and cornering safely. sS's road craft nights were helpful when I first started on here, but it shouldn't only be his responsibility to host such an event. You were instructing some of the riders at the Valentine's Day social ride, so you obviously have a passion for it behind the MV-hating persona we all see.

I implore you (or any older PSB sage) to host an instructional/educational road craft night. Even if, despite the attitude in the current crop of riders, you only save 1 life then it would most certainty be worthwhile
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.
    Likes Gim, charlie66 liked this post

PSB Corporate Sponsor
    Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    1244 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post

Agreed, a group of us organised Friday Night Rides in Melville. The only rule was not to piss of locals where we went. We spent a lot of time with new riders trying to show them good riding at a safe speed. After that we would have dinner then the experienced riders would take off for a spirited ride (yes after one and a half hours of assisting we did feel we had our own needs too). While many took it in the spirit we got grizzles about us having our own ride, riders on Hyosung using extreme hanging off at push bike speeds. Try and give advice on how not to upset your bike going into corners etc was met negatively. One was more interested in riding slow concentrating on setting up his Go Pro then posting speeded up video on the internet to make it look lie we were hooning! We then banned go pro and you would think that the world had ended.

We GAVE UP.
    Likes Ryanoceros, Gim liked this post

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rider Down - Manning Road near Goss Ave.

Seems no cage is immune:
    A girl at work was on a ride on Sunday with her BF on his Harley (I don't know what sort) and got hit by a copper coming out of the maccas on south st.

Cop was apparently extremely apologetic (and got reamed by the sergeant at the scene as well) but was a SMIDSY apology (girl here reckons he didn't look at all), and just sunk the boot in coming out of the driveway.

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i offered to take a group of litre bike posers at work on some wet weather rides a few weeks back, after establishing they actually rode in wet conditions, and seeing how some ride
    it was alas refused, with the answer that they're fine, and just slow down. it seems that the focus on speed has established a mindset that this is the only factor which can cause one to get maimed/die.
    an argument then developed regarding whether or not stoppies in the wet are possible, which resulted in winning $120
    Likes Mika79, Prefectionist, xor, Stephan liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

litre bike posers... sounds like a crew on GTA online

Motorbike
    A 2 wheeled one
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    i offered to take a group of litre bike posers at work on some wet weather rides a few weeks back, after establishing they actually rode in wet conditions, and seeing how some ride
    it was alas refused, with the answer that they're fine, and just slow down. it seems that the focus on speed has established a mindset that this is the only factor which can cause one to get maimed/die.
    an argument then developed regarding whether or not stoppies in the wet are possible, which resulted in winning $120
    I would argue wet weather riding skills are infinitely more valuable as they also apply in the dry (the reverse isn't always correct).

I have been riding just about every chance I get in the rain. Nothing exuberant, just speed limit pace, and purely to build the wet weather skills and comfort.