User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 273

Thread: Bye bye Ludlum, you won't be missed

  1. #61
    Member Crim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Inside my head
    Motorbike
    Crims
    Liked
    33 times
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nudge View Post
    Some of us are just jaded with politicians in general. Maybe it's due to the higher number of times we have been around the sun on this great big flat earth of ours.

    A modern day politician that has been an inspiration. Good to hear. But I think that's the problem in that inspirational politicians are very few and far between in our country.

    I have read that pollies who have lost office in the last local election have found it hard to readjust to I think someone said, the real world and the loss of income and perks. I found it saddening to read, some have struggled to find work afterwards, this to me shouts volumes about the calibre of the current crop of people we entrust our taxes to.

    What I also find sad is my lack and unwillingness to engage in politics in the first instance. No matter what result the outcome is the same. More taxes, more excuses, higher salaries and no change.
    Lack of engagement by the general public may be why some of these crook politicians get away with so much. These people have to be held accountable for their actions, behaviour & performance.

    It doesn't help that a lot of these people in question are "career" politicians, they went straight from being a staffer for some other politician, having never actually worked in the general community. These people in particular have little to offer because their life experience has been in a politics bubble.

    The media plays a large part in how people form their opinions, it doesn't help that 70% of Australian newspapers are controlled by ultra right wing Murdoch & we in WA have Stokes who is also has his own conservative agenda. All in all, it's pretty fucked.

    Who would I nominate for being a cynical politics driven self advancing individual amongst the current crop?

    Lots come to mind, Abbott, Hockey, Cormann, Martin Ferguson, Pyne, Dystari, Robb, McFarlane, Turnbull, Randall (no longer with us), Chopper Bishop & many many more.

  2. #62
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    6,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ok ... Let's ENGAGE.

    Don't let anything get past your eyes'.....log everything......post it all..

    Argue with every choice... Tell your kids to dispute every decision.....

    Make a stand... do it now ... we have a voice. we are the voice... oh wai.....

    Choose wisely... just believe... go hard... go loud....do it ...

    Your time is now. Our time IS NOW!!!!!
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  3. #63
    Member BOFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Motorbike
    2009 V-Star 250
    Liked
    1372 times
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Maybe because I reckon he's a low life piece of pond scum that I wouldn't cross the road to piss on if he was on fire, much like the rest of the Greens and their hippy tree hugging mates
    Oh FYI I don't consider myself right wing, more centrist in my views than right or left and if not liking a turd like Ludbum makes me a cunt then so be it as at least cunts are useful for something, maybe we could do a two for one offer with Tony Rabbit
    Why do you say this crap? Have you actually EVER paid any attention to what happens in the WA senate or are you just a knee jerk bogan redneck?

    Please post some actual references that show how he is a cunt! I'd think it might take you a while to find any, and those are probably alt right crap.

    This man has served WA to the best of his ability for the last 9 years, a little technicality doesn't take away from the fact that he is an honest, fair and true to his word politician. I challenge you to find any, (true), reasons, other than dual citizenship, that he shouldn't be in Parliament....
    Last edited by BOFH; 15-07-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    The correct number of bikes to own = N + 1, where N is the current number of bikes you own.

  4. #64
    Member INTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona & Perth, WA
    Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Posts
    2,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...cid=spartanntp

    Let's hope this con man is made to repay EVERY cent he has illegally been paid, and every single piece of bogus legislation passed with his help is repealed! Then they can also jail him for fraud!

    Best news I've heard all year
    Not that I know the guy or anything about what he's done, but in my opinion it's retarded to expect someone to renounce their citizenship in order to serve in a government for which he/she is also a citizen. That symbolic action won't do anything to alter their opinion of the government for which they serve and will only be denying them their heritage. If I had to renounce my Irish citizenship just to get a certain job/position in Australia I'd find that to be grossly unfair and I can't really conceive circumstances where I'd willingly do it. Not a million bux. Not even 10 million. A billion I'd think long and hard, but if I had a billion dollars I'd want the freedom to travel and live there if I pleased, so that's probably still unlikely. That doesn't make me incapable of acting on behalf of Australians in a Government for which I've grown up alongside since 2 years old.

    Furthermore, I'm really perplexed by the attitude in general since most 'Australians' are UK, South African or Asian, at least where I lived.

    I don't get the premise of this thread. Is it a hate for this particular guy solely because of policies he charged - whereby holding dual citizenship is just a way to insult him - or do you just straight up hate the fact that he holds dual citizenship?

    Whatever

    *cuddles 3 passports*
    Last edited by INTJ; 16-07-2017 at 04:31 AM.

  5. #65
    Member Phildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Como
    Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Posts
    8,835
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
    I challenge you to find any, (true), reasons, other than dual citizenship, that he shouldn't be in Parliament....
    Because Ryanoceros likes him?

    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

    My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.
    Likes Para045, SIR sparks a lot liked this post

  6. #66
    Member chew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rivervale
    Liked
    2943 times
    Posts
    13,732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits
    Likes stromrider liked this post

  7. #67
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Not that I know the guy or anything about what he's done, but in my opinion it's retarded to expect someone to renounce their citizenship in order to serve in a government for which he/she is also a citizen. That symbolic action won't do anything to alter their opinion of the government for which they serve and will only be denying them their heritage. If I had to renounce my Irish citizenship just to get a certain job/position in Australia I'd find that to be grossly unfair and I can't really conceive circumstances where I'd willingly do it. Not a million bux. Not even 10 million. A billion I'd think long and hard, but if I had a billion dollars I'd want the freedom to travel and live there if I pleased, so that's probably still unlikely. That doesn't make me incapable of acting on behalf of Australians in a Government for which I've grown up alongside since 2 years old.

    Furthermore, I'm really perplexed by the attitude in general since most 'Australians' are UK, South African or Asian, at least where I lived.

    I don't get the premise of this thread. Is it a hate for this particular guy solely because of policies he charged - whereby holding dual citizenship is just a way to insult him - or do you just straight up hate the fact that he holds dual citizenship?

    Whatever

    *cuddles 3 passports*
    It might be "retarded" but it's the law... and he knew it, and was apparently challenged about it 3 years ago and continued to lie about it.

    Again I'm not an Abbott fan by any means but I love the fact that the pathetic distraction from Ludlams fanbois has been silenced by Abbott posting proof of his renunciation of his English citizenship many years ago

    In answer to your last question, yes it's about this particular guy for me. An entire career based on lies and make believe. These pricks who call themselves green cause more problems for the environment by distracting all attention and funding to their bullshit "global warming/climate change/what shall we call it now the evidence is disproving everything we said" socialist agenda.
    I don't care if the rules about dual nationality get changed, I don't intend renouncing my own English birthright or passport
    Dislikes Ryanoceros disliked this post

  8. #68
    Member INTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona & Perth, WA
    Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Posts
    2,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    I don't care if the rules about dual nationality get changed, I don't intend renouncing my own English birthright or passport
    Reductio ad absurdum, you have no right to post a thread about Australian politics.

  9. #69
    Member Prefectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The far part of Ellenbrook
    Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Posts
    1,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    These pricks who call themselves green cause more problems for the environment by distracting all attention and funding to their bullshit "global warming/climate change/what shall we call it now the evidence is disproving everything we said" socialist agenda.
    Is the evidence disproving climate change found on the same websites disproving how spherical the Earth is and how useful vaccines are?
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

  10. #70
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    6,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Geez TTPM...more 'Grist for the mill..' than could possibly be imagined...great thread bro....;-)

    And there are still opinions that have yet to be aired..( I would say......)
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  11. #71
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ View Post
    Reductio ad absurdum, you have no right to post a thread about Australian politics.
    I actually am, I'm an Australian Citizen and taxpayer, and eligible to vote

  12. #72
    Member Tim the PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Joondalup
    Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Is the evidence disproving climate change found on the same websites disproving how spherical the Earth is and how useful vaccines are?
    1, demanding evidence DISproving something is one of many similarities between climate change enthusiasts and other religions
    2. The posts pointing out the lack of, or falsehood of so called evidence proving climate change are generally made by independent scientists. I think you'll find more crackpots amongst the true believers...
    3. A lot of my reading on the subject is the research being posted by a friend of mine who was previously a GW/CC/LTOANA champion until he started uncovering the fraudulent and manipulated data used to "prove" their predictions. The enthusiasts seem to believe that "Science" means deciding the outcome, then designing "tests" to get the results you want, then changing the outcomes (and history) when the results don't agree with you. Then you've got fuckwits like Ludlum who manage to brainwash the gullible into joining the cause.
    Likes Para045 liked this post
    Dislikes Ryanoceros disliked this post

  13. #73
    Member Green Trident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Yanchep
    Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some countries don't accept any renunciation of citizenship, so this really does get down to nit picking.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

  14. #74
    Member INTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona & Perth, WA
    Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Posts
    2,499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    I actually am, I'm an Australian Citizen and taxpayer, and eligible to vote
    Reductio ad absurdum, so is Ludlum, your thread is shit.

  15. #75
    Member Prefectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The far part of Ellenbrook
    Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Posts
    1,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    1, demanding evidence DISproving something is one of many similarities between climate change enthusiasts and other religions
    2. The posts pointing out the lack of, or falsehood of so called evidence proving climate change are generally made by independent scientists. I think you'll find more crackpots amongst the true believers...
    3. A lot of my reading on the subject is the research being posted by a friend of mine who was previously a GW/CC/LTOANA champion until he started uncovering the fraudulent and manipulated data used to "prove" their predictions. The enthusiasts seem to believe that "Science" means deciding the outcome, then designing "tests" to get the results you want, then changing the outcomes (and history) when the results don't agree with you. Then you've got fuckwits like Ludlum who manage to brainwash the gullible into joining the cause.
    Regarding point 3... youve read work by one person, and that suddenly disproves the fuck load of research out there by all those other scientists? Well shit, I read something about the moon not being real, so that one thing I read from one person must make that real, right?

    You wanna send through some of that reaearch which is supposedly disproving climate change? Or was it all written on the back of a napkin in your local deli?

    Youre a fucking crackpot Tim.
    Likes Ryanoceros, marras liked this post

  16. #76
    Member Ryanoceros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    St Ives retirement village
    Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Posts
    5,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread has gone from:

    -Green bashing, to:
    -Hating one former greens senator and greens voters irrationally, to:
    -Denying climate change


    Tim you must be the ultimate troll, you've gone full retard way quicker than ilbuono or cool Harley guy

    My prediction is the next post by Tim is claiming his brother logged into his account..
    Rest in Peace

    #294


    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

  17. #77
    Member Prefectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The far part of Ellenbrook
    Motorbike
    Doesn't matter, don't ride them anymore anyway.
    Liked
    517 times
    Posts
    1,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    This thread has gone from:

    -Green bashing, to:
    -Hating one former greens senator and greens voters irrationally, to:
    -Denying climate change


    Tim you must be the ultimate troll, you've gone full retard way quicker than ilbuono or cool Harley guy

    My prediction is the next post by Tim is claiming his brother logged into his account..
    Nah, Tim hasnt claimed Vaccines cause autism yet, and he knows this 100% because he read a peer reviewed study about it and it definitely wasnt a JPEG with those minions his buddy posted on Facebook claiming it was true.

  18. #78
    Member Ryanoceros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    St Ives retirement village
    Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Posts
    5,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefectionist View Post
    Nah, Tim hasnt claimed Vaccines cause autism yet, and he knows this 100% because he read a peer reviewed study about it and it definitely wasnt a JPEG with those minions his buddy posted on Facebook claiming it was true.
    Excuse me, do you happen to have empirical evidence on the THEORY of gravity ? I would like some proof before we start believing in a THEORY (as it is theoeretical)

    You can tell Timmy voted 1Nation last election, AFAIK they're the only party that denies everything science considers to be fact. Ah well, I guess when we lefty socialists are in power and Tim is being looked after in his old age in a top-quality medical facility that's 100% taxpayer funded, he'll have to find someone else to complain about..
    Rest in Peace

    #294


    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

  19. #79
    Member GsxInShed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the big hole in the economy
    Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Posts
    6,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    "Senator Brandis said Mr Ludlum could face a substantial debt repayment for the salary and allowances he received during his tenure as a senator.."

    and some old rule about a daily fine of '100 pounds' for a non eligible person sitting in the Senate....go figure..

    and.. 'the debt may be waved as it has been before...Sen. Scott Ryan will make that decision'
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

  20. #80
    Member Crobbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not a Zero Hero
    Motorbike
    The lil tractor that could.
    Liked
    631 times
    Posts
    4,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear Venezuela is beautiful this time of the year.
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. - Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •