User Tag List

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: What does the future hold for bike racing at Barbagallo?

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news yesterday that the lease renewal has been finalized, which gives the WASCC confidence to spend their money on the improvements.

Resurfacing is already scheduled for next month, I just hope they can manage the impossible and get the mods finally agreed on by MA last month done at the same time.
    Likes shortSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    Trackwhore & SuperRetard
    Liked
    46 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Great news yesterday that the lease renewal has been finalized, which gives the WASCC confidence to spend their money on the improvements.

Resurfacing is already scheduled for next month, I just hope they can manage the impossible and get the mods finally agreed on by MA last month done at the same time.
    *sits down with box of popcorn*
    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    At the rate GreenMeanie goes through Dare double espressos, I reckon he could fill one up within 5 working days for free
    I have a cupboard full off Maconna jars too

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim excuse me if I don't share your enthusiasm, is this just another teaser from the land of Gunnado.
    I'll believe it only when I'm trackside and there are bikes all over the place.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes marras, =Maz=, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....and another year goes by.......
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."
    Likes marras, Mr Bean liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Tim excuse me if I don't share your enthusiasm, is this just another teaser from the land of Gunnado.
    I'll believe it only when I'm trackside and there are bikes all over the place.
    Bikes ARE already back, regularly... and yes it will be a miracle if the work can still be done this year given the impossibly short time they had to arrange it, but as said many times, WASCC had committed to spending the money and doing the work as soon as an agreement was reached on what was required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed View Post
    ....and another year goes by.......
    Yep, sure has, and with MASSIVE progress in the past few months

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Tim bikes "are back" but not for racing. It's more so the car club can claim that bikes are using the track., thus complying with requirement to make the track available to other forms of motor sports.
    Many of us here are sceptical about the car club and its motivation.
    G T
    Likes Mr Bean, =Maz= liked this post
    Dislikes Tim the PM disliked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Yes Tim bikes "are back" but not for racing. It's more so the car club can claim that bikes are using the track., thus complying with requirement to make the track available to other forms of motor sports.
    Many of us here are sceptical about the car club and its motivation.
    And many others are sceptical about the motivation of those behind the ban... History will show who was correct.

Just been informed that it is still planned to have the required work completed in February.

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    History is always written by the winners and that's not necessarily who is correct.
    I still hold the car club in contempt.

EDIT...
    Just in case I was misunderstood...
    FUCK THE CAR CLUB
    Last edited by Green Trident; 23-12-2018 at 08:16 PM.
    G T
    Dislikes shortSteve, Tim the PM disliked this post

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meanwhile the local track day providers have been shafted.

I don't know you from a bar of soap Tim, but every time I'm at the track I keep hearing about this Tim the tool and can't help but wonder if they're talking about you.
    “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bean View Post
    Meanwhile the local track day providers have been shafted.

I don't know you from a bar of soap Tim, but every time I'm at the track I keep hearing about this Tim the tool and can't help but wonder if they're talking about you.
    That's really bizarre because you do know me and always talk to me at the track, and last time I saw you at the MCRC clubrooms... I guess you didn't make the connection, but IRL you seem to think I'm ok

And the local trackday providers weren't shafted at all, (except by MA), they had the option to do exactly what the E/S mob have done. Pity that one local provider was too busy shitcanning the WASCC at every opportunity and backing the wrong horse.

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really bizarre because you do know me and always talk to me at the track, and last time I saw you at the MCRC clubrooms... I guess you didn't make the connection, but IRL you seem to think I'm ok

And the local trackday providers weren't shafted at all, (except by MA), they had the option to do exactly what the E/S mob have done. Pity that one local provider was too busy shitcanning the WASCC at every opportunity and backing the wrong horse.
    I talk to everyone at the track. I've met you maybe a few times Tim, but to say I know you is a rather large exaggeration of the truth. It was that long ago I honestly can't remember you and wouldn't recognize you if you walked straight past me. You must have made a real lasting impression.

It's always someone else's fault hey Tim. You've got all the answers haha
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

second hole down from the back of her neck
    Motorbike
    honestly, it's just a bruise....
    Liked
    1372 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Someone like the wassc? Hello kettle.
    yes, i am ignorant
    yes, i am a prick
    no, i don't care
    you make me sick
    Likes Tim the PM liked this post
    Dislikes Mr Bean disliked this post

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shortSteve View Post
    Someone like the wassc? Hello kettle.
    Where have you ever seen me blame the WASCC or anyone for that matter?

What I'm saying is I think Tim is full of shit and don't believe a word he says.

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talk to everyone at the track. I've met you maybe a few times Tim, but to say I know you is a rather large exaggeration of the truth. It was that long ago I honestly can't remember you and wouldn't recognize you if you walked straight past me. You must have made a real lasting impression.

haha yeah whatever Ray you'll obviously be surprised next time we meet and I tell you who I am. If you think I'm such a cunt then there is no way you would have been as friendly and chatty last time I saw you if you knew who I was. IIRC it was last Christmas at MCRC clubrooms.

A strange twist on your mate who claims to have met me multiple times but I have NFI who he is and wasn't at the places he claims to have spoken to me.

Maybe there is an advantage to being anonymous, but I've never felt the need for it.
    I don't have all the answers and have never said I do. No idea what you mean by "someone elses fault", it certainly isn't mine!

Anyway, as much as it will disappoint a certain faction, fact is the lease is done and the track mods ARE happening, so no reason why bikes won't be back racing at Wanneroo.

Motorbike
    fast ones
    Liked
    406 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to care a lot about what I think about you Tim. I really couldn't give a fuck who you are or what you think and I certainly never called you a cunt. That's just you exaggerating and catastrophizing again.

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on topic, I guess the question in the thread title has been answered. I'm ecstatic that in the next couple of years I'll have another track bike and car, with 3 circuits (4 if Albany happens) to have fun on!

Motorbike
    2011 Gixxer 600
    Liked
    2552 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Adam Chambers' facebook page:
    A 70 plus metre chicane at Turn three will greet riders on the return to Barbagallo Raceway of motorbike racing activity in 2019.

The first resurface since 2004 of the 2.41km circuit, Western Australia's premier motor racing venue, currently is underway and scheduled for completion end of January. The track is now closed, reopening for the WA Sporting Car Club's celebrations for the fiftieth anniversary of Wanneroo Raceway on March 2-3.

The chicane is the result of safety concerns, compounded by some very sad motorbike incidents, which saw motorcycle activity shut down at the Neerabup facility. Bikes returned to Barbagallo for the first time in August when John Tetley's Track Action and the Club were able to safely reintroduce non-competitive bike activity.

The obvious next step was to get motorcycle racing back on track, which required further work on the circuit. General Manager Andrew Stachewicz led this project, appointing Calibre Consultants to the task of designing a safer T3 for bikes.

The chicane will make little difference to car racing - the high speed Esses will remain. Although there always is the prospect of wily organisers of events like Point-to-Point taking advantage of the change to the track configuration!

But bikes will be slowed significantly by the right-handed chicane as the track rises into T3, blending it back into the main circuit on the right-hand side entry to T4. That work will be undertaken during the course of the larger resurfacing project in January.

The scale diagram suggests the chicane is 70-75 metres in length.

The scope of works is wider than just a resurface and the cost is significant. But the Club has worked hard to put itself in the fortunate position of being able to fully fund the resurfacing project. Glen Melling, Sean Supanz and Tim Riley (Chair) were tasked with overseeing this vital and complex project. Sean incidentally, was at the helm of the successful 2004 resurface.

The positive actions the Club management has taken during the past 12 months by tackling head-on and resolving the testing issues on its plate has placed the WASCC in a strong position for the foreseeable future in the face of the State Government's extraordinary Strategy document.

The WA Sporting Car Club should be allowed to now get on with what they do best and have done much better than most - apart from a few hiccups - during the past 90 years.

Please copy and paste the link below for detailed diagrams:
    http://www.adrianchambersmotorsports...hicane-1-1.pdf
    So, rather than move a wall back, they're going to modify the track...? In doing so, fuck up the entry speed to the only decent left hander on the track? Seriously, are there dead bodies buried behind the wall or something?

I'd like to see the chicane in the context of turn 1 through to the lefty.

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a truly bizarre modification to the track.

“The wall is too close” so we’ll put a piece of track even closer to the wall (and angle it more towards the wall) and then place a hazard (braking zone) where previously there was none.

We have now changed a portion of the track which has yet to see a fatality, but with inevitable collisions that will occur here I’m sure that will change soon enough.

The way I read the proposal vs the diagram was that the track would deviate towards the infield, away from the walls, you know, where there is nothing to hit.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 RSV4 Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    In doing so, fuck up the entry speed to the only decent left hander on the track? Seriously, are there dead bodies buried behind the wall or something?
    You'll find it'll make no difference to the speed in the left hander for most trackday riders as they would be nowhere near the limit through the esses in the first place and would be able to accelerate back up to the same speed they would have been for the left anyway after straight lining the chicane.

As for racing... well... diving up under the brakes, the A, B and C graders will be chopping the shit out of each other, risking a high side on the exit, and also the second part of the original esses due to be being in a lower gear, if they make it to the left hander... they will simply be fighting harder and crashing more....

Being safer and shit.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"