User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does the future hold for bike racing at Barbagallo?

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does the future hold for bike racing at Barbagallo?

Independent Safety Audit for Barbagallo Almost Approved ... at last!
    https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=183142

I believe that the above thread is now redundant, and suggest that a new thread for continued debate is appropriate.
    It's now obvious that things have not gone as many might have predicted. The safety audit may well have been almost approved but at present it's been discredited and questioned and only accepted by it's backers and supporters.

The above thread has at times gone off on a tangent as well as becoming quite heated, but that's OK given the passion many of us have for the sport.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    Hayabusa, zx6rr (TRACK), Ninja 300 proddy race bike x2
    Liked
    47 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure this subject has been covered extensively in that thread (and other threads). What is the fucking point of another thread to discuss the same thing?
    race number(s)
    #128 production 300
    #25 ASBK production 400 & R3 Cup

race sponsors
    www.kaneg.com.au
    www.brandsense.com.au
    Likes Shady7/8, potato liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VULGR View Post
    I'm pretty sure this subject has been covered extensively in that thread (and other threads). What is the fucking point of another thread to discuss the same thing?
    I guess my point is that Scott has not been participating in this debate of late so I felt that by restarting the debate elsewhere his thread might be able to drift off into the ether.
    I think this whole matter is painful enough for him without the inferences which question his actions and motivation.
    The moderators are more than welcome to delete this thread if they see fit.
    I somehow think that the subject will remain alive for some time to come and will continue to do so even after any official announcements from the organisations involved.
    G T

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    The safety audit may well have been almost approved but at present it's been discredited and questioned and only accepted by it's backers and supporters.

FALSE. The report has been supported by subsequent reports.

Please supply evidence and citations of how it has been discredited.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .
    Likes bullerboarder liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady7/8 View Post
    FALSE. The report has been supported by subsequent reports.

Please supply evidence and citations of how it has been discredited.
    That's the impression I got from reading threads and posts here.
    Discredited and questioned by some of the denizens of PSB. I really can't be bothered proving my opinion.
    Last edited by Green Trident; 08-08-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    G T

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy to provide an opinion.
    MA head should resign in shame. Fucking ineffectual loser.

"I feel better now."

S.
    Last edited by Sprint; 08-08-2017 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spellunk... i've had wine, bitches.
    Buy my KTM RC8. Stunning condition. Stock as a rock. https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=186147

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Motorbike
    Raj
    Liked
    901 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it to the streets.

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the impression I got from reading threads and posts here.
    Discredited and questioned by some of the denizens of PSB. I really can't be bothered proving my opinion.
    Discredited by nobodies with no qualifications, only a bee in their bonnet and their toys thrown firmly out of the cot. Nothing more than a self flagellating circle jerk.

Pretty worthless opinion if it doesn't warrant defending.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

. .

PSB Corporate Sponsor PREMIUM potato's Avatar
    your paint/scratched it/crashed it smash repair shop
    Motorbike
    rattly v-twins-love em
    Liked
    1127 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=183142

I believe that the above thread is now redundant, and suggest that a new thread for continued debate is appropriate.
    It's now obvious that things have not gone as many might have predicted. The safety audit may well have been almost approved but at present it's been discredited and questioned and only accepted by it's backers and supporters.

The above thread has at times gone off on a tangent as well as becoming quite heated, but that's OK given the passion many of us have for the sport.
    fuck all

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770
    Likes Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    s1000rr
    Liked
    101 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discredited by nobodies with no qualifications, only a bee in their bonnet and their toys thrown firmly out of the cot. Nothing more than a self flagellating circle jerk.

With comments like that you obviously are not affected by the closure of the track yet you like to spruke your wothless opinion in a derogatory way. I see you really did work in local government you are suited to that environment

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonn View Post
    With comments like that you obviously are not affected by the closure of the track yet you like to spruke your wothless opinion in a derogatory way. I see you really did work in local government you are suited to that environment
    How's that circle jerk cumming along Antonn? Has it helped get you back on track?

The derogation has come firmly from your team and your mates tasking themselves to an achievable task. You and you mates are bullies. Trying to force your way back onto Barbs at any cost. Toys ejected firmly from the pram.

I don't understand how you can be so blind to your belief that you should be able to ride at a track deemed safe by an actual qualified expert. I can clearly see your opinion is uneducated.

. .

PSB Corporate Sponsor PREMIUM potato's Avatar
    your paint/scratched it/crashed it smash repair shop
    Motorbike
    rattly v-twins-love em
    Liked
    1127 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wothless Shady7/8 just fucking wothless

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    s1000rr
    Liked
    101 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's that circle jerk cumming along Antonn? Has it helped get you back on track?

The derogation has come firmly from your team and your mates tasking themselves to an achievable task. You and you mates are bullies. Trying to force your way back onto Barbs at any cost. Toys ejected firmly from the pram.

I don't understand how you can be so blind to your belief that you should be able to ride at a track deemed safe by an actual qualified expert. I can clearly see your opinion is uneducated.
    My team??? Didn't realize this was a team event! What is happening is that there are people on here that believe that bikes returning to Barbagallo will somehow stop a new track from being built. And just because I disagree with a so called expert doesn't make me uneducated i don't agree with some of halls findings and so i have questioned them and i still believe that they don't stack up, when he suggests that the speed through the esses should be limited to 30kmh he is clearly not the right person for the job, ffs it's a racetrack not roadworks. So you are welcome to your opinion but you don't race and it doesn't affect you so i am not sure why you even bother

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    wothless Shady7/8 just fucking wothless
    ????? Wothless what is wothless? Is spelling wothless?

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team??? Didn't realize this was a team event! What is happening is that there are people on here that believe that bikes returning to Barbagallo will somehow stop a new track from being built. And just because I disagree with a so called expert doesn't make me uneducated i don't agree with some of halls findings and so i have questioned them and i still believe that they don't stack up, when he suggests that the speed through the esses should be limited to 30kmh he is clearly not the right person for the job, ffs it's a racetrack not roadworks. So you are welcome to your opinion but you don't race and it doesn't affect you so i am not sure why you even bother
    Perhaps it's not perfect (but we're not qualified to make that decision), but so far no one has legitimately challenged it. The subsequent report appears to support the original... Seems like the original must be on the money then.

And actually it does affect me if I wish to take one of my bikes to Barbs. I prefer Collie, but sometimes you just want to get out on the bike right? Yes, I have ridden Barbs before. I'd prefer something a little less speedwayish with so may rights and so few lefts.
    Besides my racing or lack of at Barbs is irrelevant to the discussion.

Simply put you can't ride there right now. There is no arguing that point, and all of us yelling and abusing each other. Until such time as someone qualified can prove the Hall report is not credible enough or parts have flaws then it stands in full, and no one with a sound mind would dare to argue against it and dare put bikes on track. Yet all I see is toys thrown from the pram, and any attempt to create progress is met with childish derision, and petulant attempts to undermine and destroy. Why is it so hard for people to let change and progress happen in this Perth?

I don't know what Potato is on about either...??

. .

Motorbike
    s1000rr
    Liked
    101 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps it's not perfect (but we're not qualified to make that decision), but so far no one has legitimately challenged it. The subsequent report appears to support the original... Seems like the original must be on the money then.

And actually it does affect me if I wish to take one of my bikes to Barbs. I prefer Collie, but sometimes you just want to get out on the bike right? Yes, I have ridden Barbs before. I'd prefer something a little less speedwayish with so may rights and so few lefts.
    Besides my racing or lack of at Barbs is irrelevant to the discussion.

Simply put you can't ride there right now. There is no arguing that point, and all of us yelling and abusing each other. Until such time as someone qualified can prove the Hall report is not credible enough or parts have flaws then it stands in full, and no one with a sound mind would dare to argue against it and dare put bikes on track. Yet all I see is toys thrown from the pram, and any attempt to create progress is met with childish derision, and petulant attempts to undermine and destroy. Why is it so hard for people to let change and progress happen in this Perth?

I don't know what Potato is on about either...??
    There are no toys thrown from my pram, the truth is i have raced at barbagallo in the early 80's and again in 2011 until last year but due to circumstances i can no longer race so i don't have a hidden agenda other than thefa t i don't want to see a sport i care very much about disappear from this state. Our governing body in mwa and ma are a clusterfuck and have seriously dropped the ball on this. The subsequent report you refer to was organized by MA and was just a visual inspection not a full report with data collected. The original report waz done on my bike and i can tell you the figures don't add up because a large percentage was added to future proof it but without any industry consultation this is just guesswork. That is my opinion a d i will continue to push for another full report to be completed based on the fact it is a racetrack not a public road.
    Likes gus96, Tim the PM, 76 Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no toys thrown from my pram, the truth is i have raced at barbagallo in the early 80's and again in 2011 until last year but due to circumstances i can no longer race so i don't have a hidden agenda other than thefa t i don't want to see a sport i care very much about disappear from this state. Our governing body in mwa and ma are a clusterfuck and have seriously dropped the ball on this. The subsequent report you refer to was organized by MA and was just a visual inspection not a full report with data collected. The original report waz done on my bike and i can tell you the figures don't add up because a large percentage was added to future proof it but without any industry consultation this is just guesswork. That is my opinion a d i will continue to push for another full report to be completed based on the fact it is a racetrack not a public road.
    I pretty much agree with you on everything you've said there.

. .
    Likes Green Trident liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion is just that, my opinion and no one else's, some are going to like/agree with it some are going to disagree with it. IIWII and I have little motivation to spend time and energy defending it.
    Some might come up with some insight or reasoning which will make me change my opinion but I really don't give flying fuck what others think of my opinion. So with all that in mind yours or anybody's opinion of my opinion matters not one iota to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    fuck all
    I wish you wrong on that score.
    G T
    Likes potato liked this post

Liked
    379 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anymore updates?

Motorbike
    zx14 and a track 10
    Liked
    9 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does the future hold for bike racing at Barbagallo?

It will be years now.... I'm just going to do the collie thing now. May just go speedway racing.... Either way sad to see barbs go. It is gone as a bike venue as now no one with experience will sign off on bikes returning. Have had a ma licence since 2011 and have raced, crashed, and volunteered when ever possible. But time for a change.... Mal 187

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    zx14
    Likes Sprint liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR1000RR
    Liked
    664 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marras View Post
    Anymore updates?
    Did you get the emails from MCRC last week and today?