Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc78 View Post
    1103cc, don't understand, can't be in WSBK unless they really are allowed to cheat? Don't get it
    How else are Ducati meant to beat Kawasaki's 999cc ZX-10 if they don't get another 100ccs ?

It's not like they could build a better motor within the rules or anything..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1103cc, don't understand, can't be in WSBK unless they really are allowed to cheat? Don't get it
    That's usually what happens with Ducati though, they come up with something outside the rules and somehow the rules get changed to allow them to use what they have rather than them having to work within the set rules like everyone else Much like Ferrari in F1, there is talk of changing the rules and if Ferrari don't like it they throw a tantrum and threaten to leave F1 and get what they want

They're doing it again making threats of leaving because there are proposed rule changes, I reckon fuckem, leave F1 and see who is worse off
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's going to be hard for them to get the rules changed, given that Aprilia has a 1000cc v4 in WSBK already. I'm a Ducati fanboi, but I also reckon fuckem. Unless they come up with a 1000cc "R" version for SBK.

Edit: found this:
    An R version is currently in the advanced development stages, set to have a displacement of less than 1000cc which revs higher.
    Source: http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2017...ngine+in+Italy
    Last edited by pnork; 06-11-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly
    Likes Marc78, Sprint, Ryanoceros, BillyBoof liked this post

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for every other bike they've made.

Only way they could get their two wheeled dump trucks to be competitive.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Marc78, Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Old Ducati's (trouble) '06 R1 (reliable)
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the fuck do you go from a new road bike being released....to cheating.....with absolutely no mention of it competing in WSB? You've been watching too much Andrew Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
    How else are Ducati meant to beat Kawasaki's 999cc ZX-10 if they don't get another 100ccs ?

It's not like they could build a better motor within the rules or anything..
    Finally some common sense! I mean how can you argue with Kawasaki's success in MotoGP and Ducati's MotoGP V4 long being the most gutless bike on the grid......(insert irony emoji here)

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    That's usually what happens with Ducati though, they come up with something outside the rules and somehow the rules get changed to allow them to use what they have rather than them having to work within the set rules like everyone else Much like Ferrari in F1, there is talk of changing the rules and if Ferrari don't like it they throw a tantrum and threaten to leave F1 and get what they want

They're doing it again making threats of leaving because there are proposed rule changes, I reckon fuckem, leave F1 and see who is worse off
    What the fuck? First you gripe someone does adapt to the rules, then you bitch that someone doesn't adapt to the rules, it's like shopping with the missus at Coles: you're both all over the shop like a mad woman's poo. Based on current results of Ducati not having won the title in quite some time I've no idea what advantage you think they have gained.

I don't get you lot: where's the bitching and moaning about MV or Triumph competing in WSS on 675 triples? (Come to think of it most were pretty excited to see MV's sweet 675 when it arrived on the grid) Where's the whinging about Honda and BMW's abysmal effort letting privateers fly the flag on their behalf? Why no mention of Suzuki who can't even be arsed turning up at all? How about Yamaha flipping a "shall we-shan't we" coin every other year? Yup, they deserve to be successful.....NOT!

Instead you have a crack at the one manufacturer that puts in a fair dinkum boots an' all Factory effort, shares the effort with privateers by supplying ex-Factory or Factory-rep bikes to bolster the grid (unlike Kawasaki), they provide a nice point of difference to what would otherwise be a JAFF (Just Another Fuckin' Four) grid. You don't understand engines if you cannot see the equivalence of a larger capacity twin vs a smaller capacity 4 (similar valve area = similar HP, it's not rocket science).

Lets conveniently forget the fact Yamaha and Aprilia produce jack shit in the way of available race parts, Kawasaki and Honda only produce a few bits and bob's, and lets pile into the only factory that produces a full WSB superbike in-house (complete with factory service manual) and makes the bike and every single component available to the racing public. Try buying a WSB-spec swingarm for your RSV4/CBR/R1/ZXR etc from your local dealer....where you could rock up to Fraser's with the Ducati part number, from the Ducati parts book, and order one tomorrow.

Aaaah, silly me, I forgot we're in the age of entitlement, Honda, Yamaha, Aprilia, BMW are supposed to get medals just for (barely) turning up (not you Suzuki, you can get fucked) while Ducati are to be punished for being "too competitive". Welcome to motorcycling kindergarten, your "participation certificates" will be available as you leave.

Oh yeah, for the record, Kawasaki deserve every success for putting in the effort...the others, not so much.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    What the fuck? First you gripe someone does adapt to the rules, then you bitch that someone doesn't adapt to the rules, it's like shopping with the missus at Coles: you're both all over the shop like a mad woman's poo. Based on current results of Ducati not having won the title in quite some time I've no idea what advantage you think they have gained.

Where have I complained about anyone adapting to the rules? My whole point is that Ducati like Ferrari get the rules changed to suit them because they can't build a bike that fits into the rules as they stand or they spit the dummy, throw their toys out of the cot and decide not to compete

I don't get you lot: where's the bitching and moaning about MV or Triumph competing in WSS on 675 triples? (Come to think of it most were pretty excited to see MV's sweet 675 when it arrived on the grid)

Wouldn't know about WSS as I don't follow kids bikes

Where's the whinging about Honda and BMW's abysmal effort letting privateers fly the flag on their behalf? Why no mention of Suzuki who can't even be arsed turning up at all? How about Yamaha flipping a "shall we-shan't we" coin every other year? Yup, they deserve to be successful.....NOT!

Why should they bother putting any extra effort in when the rules get bent and changed to suit a small number of manufacturers? I certainly wouldn't be that enthused to spend millions of $ to compete when it's not a level playing field when it comes to the rules

Instead you have a crack at the one manufacturer that puts in a fair dinkum boots an' all Factory effort, shares the effort with privateers by supplying ex-Factory or Factory-rep bikes to bolster the grid (unlike Kawasaki), they provide a nice point of difference to what would otherwise be a JAFF (Just Another Fuckin' Four) grid. You don't understand engines if you cannot see the equivalence of a larger capacity twin vs a smaller capacity 4 (similar valve area = similar HP, it's not rocket science).

Yeah they share the parts around because even with the rules being set to give them an advantage they still have trouble getting the job done so they think that they can use weight of numbers I understand engines enough to know that if your engine is shit and you can't compete build something better that is competitive don't expect the rules to be changed to suit you

Lets conveniently forget the fact Yamaha and Aprilia produce jack shit in the way of available race parts, Kawasaki and Honda only produce a few bits and bob's, and lets pile into the only factory that produces a full WSB superbike in-house (complete with factory service manual) and makes the bike and every single component available to the racing public. Try buying a WSB-spec swingarm for your RSV4/CBR/R1/ZXR etc from your local dealer....where you could rock up to Fraser's with the Ducati part number, from the Ducati parts book, and order one tomorrow.

So again Ducati need to produce special parts to try and compete and win with as opposed to what most of the others can do with standard parts? Is that because as everyone knows without the "special" parts to give them an advantage they are grenades waiting to explode IMO they should have no special parts for anything, either build and sell the bikes ready to be able to compete and last the distance or stay at home

Aaaah, silly me, I forgot we're in the age of entitlement, Honda, Yamaha, Aprilia, BMW are supposed to get medals just for (barely) turning up (not you Suzuki, you can get fucked) while Ducati are to be punished for being "too competitive". Welcome to motorcycling kindergarten, your "participation certificates" will be available as you leave.

Oh yeah, for the record, Kawasaki deserve every success for putting in the effort...the others, not so much.
    What "entitlement"? Honda/Yam/BMW etc build bikes that the avg person can afford, fit within the rules and can be taken out and raced without needing any special handouts or rules advantages, I'm not surprised they've gotten to the point where they can't be arsed spending any more money chasing all the constant rule changes

Ducati and Aprilia due to lower manufacturing volumes can more easily change specs on their bikes more often due to their smaller volumes of sales, the big guys while they may have more money overall it is much more difficult to make wholesale changes mid model cycle

Honda showed they could beat Ducati at their own game if they really wanted to when they had the RC51 SP1/2 but that particular type of isn't their focus I'm sure Suzuki could have done similar with the TLR if they had wanted to invest enough time and money

I equate it to the battles FoMoCo had with Ferrari, they'd build a car that would beat Ferrari and Ferrari would get the rules changed, FoMoCo put the hard work in again and won again only to have the rules changed again
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really "got" the Panigale. It's always looked...er..."interesting"...rather than attractive, it has some really nice angles but some things that just shit me. So I've never really felt the love.

Same goes for this new thing. I was so disappointed, to dump all the v-twin expertise and development to become just another 4 cylinder sportsbike, not mention it just looked crap. It still looks crap after watching this:

https://youtu.be/yXB4eXXD0wI

Unlike earlier Duc's plain red just does the fuggin' thing no favours at all to my rheumy ol' eyes.....

....and then I saw this:

[IMG][/IMG]

and the Lord (that being Claudio Domenicali, Ducati CEO) said "Let there be wood!"

Fark, I'm confused.......

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell slowpoke , fishing is usually good with Ducati owners/fans but you took the bait hook, line, and sinker this time

I'm sure Ducati (like Aprilia with the Tuono, Triumph on the 765) are bumping up the ccs on their road bikes to make it easier to pass Euro emissions standards.
    Rest in Peace

A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking hell slowpoke , fishing is usually good with Ducati owners/fans but you took the bait hook, line, and sinker this time
    Yes, that was quite amusing. I learnt a few years back to just ignore the jibes, but sometimes it ain't easy...
    cuntoxly
    Likes Ryanoceros liked this post

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200, Tryhard Gayowner, and a tractor with sik scooter wheels
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pnork View Post
    Yes, that was quite amusing. I learnt a few years back to just ignore the jibes, but sometimes it ain't easy...
    You're probably used to ignoring all sorts of weird noises, seeing as you own(ed) a Duc yeah ?
    Rest in Peace

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're probably used to ignoring all sorts of weird noises, seeing as you own(ed) a Duc yeah ?
    I still can't get used to the sound of the clutch...

Still own it, just rarely get out on it.
    cuntoxly

Motorbike
    2007 RSV1000R Factory. 2012 ZX10RR Endurance Special.
    Liked
    3663 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    v-twin expertise
    I laughed harder than I should have at this.

Don't worry, these guys are quite good with twins as well.
    https://www.atlascopco.com/en-au/com...air-compressor
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    VFR800+Tenere660+Postie Bike
    Liked
    72 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This bike is the "road" version, next year is a under 1000cc version [ for WSB ] with an even higher state of tune, so lets all not get in a tizz about capacity. I reckon they'll obliterate the competition too.

Perfectly reasonable to have different capacity's based on cylinder no's, the more manufacturers the better IMHO

Motorbike
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Ducati (like Aprilia with the Tuono, Triumph on the 765) are bumping up the ccs on their road bikes to make it easier to pass Euro emissions standards.
    Haha, you can tell it's nightshift by the permanently bunched panties under the overalls. Still, I wouldn't be without a nice satin/polyester blend against my chafed sweaty bollocks.

I know most of it is just taking the piss, but idjits tipping sand down my crack completely ruins the soothing satin/polyester experience. The nerve! The urge to right the scales of natural justice drives a primal urge to fill the room with uppercuts....or stuff my face with something from the cake-fridge in the galley. But an expanding arse only exacerbates the panty bunching. So it's a diliemma.....an increasingly uncomfortable dilemma.....and hence the dummy hit the dirt and the bike went in the bushes.

Weird noises? You mean something like this?

Nah mate, it always sound's like that......

M6 screw securing an air runner and filter came adrift (aftermarket carbon airbox/air runner/filter, non OEM screw/nylok nut, so nothing to do with Ducati's workmanship/design) right above the front cylinder inlet trumpet. 3 valves bent, 4th seat/valve buggered, destroyed piston, damaged cylinder head and barrel....yet it never missed a beat. Don't let anybody tell you Ducati's are fragile, the desmodromic levers were still strong enough to open and close the bent valves so it ran perfectly fine right up until I shut it down in the pits.

The problem only became apparent when it only fired up again on one cylinder because the spark plug was equally damaged. So technically it was an "electrical fault".

Motorbike
    Liked
    2 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
    I laughed harder than I should have at this.

Don't worry, these guys are quite good with twins as well.
    https://www.atlascopco.com/en-au/com...air-compressor
    Fuck off, not even I'm dumb enough to have a lousy twin cylinder compressor!

Motorbike
    Expensive Espresso Machine
    Liked
    389 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidf View Post
    This bike is the "road" version, next year is a under 1000cc version [ for WSB ] with an even higher state of tune, so lets all not get in a tizz about capacity. I reckon they'll obliterate the competition too.

Perfectly reasonable to have different capacity's based on cylinder no's, the more manufacturers the better IMHO
    Iím betting will see another MotoGP replica, V4 already has MotoGP tech reverse rotating crank and same bore.
    Last edited by Halo_2; 08-11-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"