ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw a guy on a green bike of some kind go through a speed camera on the top of greenmount hill yesterday at about 150, didn't even brake just kept on going not causing accidents or killing kittens
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post
    I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever to anyone affected by such things, but that is happening anyway and already contribuites to the reason why there is a push for change...be it decreased speeds, increased vehicle automation/safety and/or increased fines etc...
    Decreasing speeds isn't going to solve the issue. Overtaking on a hill with low visibility - well that's darwinism. Countless times driving down south you'd be going 90 in a 110 zone because the muppet in front wants to be the speed controller. Hit the overtaking lane and the muppets speed up! No chance to overtake unless you exceed the speed limit, and that's in a "safe" location as it is.

Shit, if the cop can "safely" travel at over 200km/hr to catch up to someone hogging the right lane in NSW....
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)
    Likes BusaSteve liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! there are too many non cops trying to force their feeble driving skills on all and sundry....how many times I wish I had a grenade launcher mounted on the front of my vehicle.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked
    130 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh for sure!!! let's mount weapons on vehicles so everyone can play cop based on their own perception of driving habits of others. Now there's a sensible solution
    Less cars on the road, government tax on weapons and ammo. Win win
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    "No, no. Not Sawyer like the valley. Sour like sweet and sour, only European"

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauer View Post
    I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever to anyone affected by such things, but that is happening anyway and already contribuites to the reason why there is a push for change...be it decreased speeds, increased vehicle automation/safety and/or increased fines etc...
    This vv pretty much! The reason for a great many head on collisions at the moment is because the dickheads in power have arbitrarily low speed limits in place and then decide to limit the numbers of places to overtake when some fuckwit goes even slower I'd hazard a guess the recent crashes on Indian Ocean Drive are likely related The road as it is has a stupidly low speed limit given where it is away from major population, they have no proper overtaking lanes and then they put double lines all over the place and have small numbers of short overtaking areas which actually encourages people to speed and risk getting pinged by the constant patrols or overtake in dangerous spots

The wankers in power are doing the same with roads like Gt Eastern Hwy and Toodyay Rd Over the years they have lowered the speed limits on Toodyay Rd while reducing the numbers of spots you can "legally" overtake on and then put radar cameras or cops with lasers on the overtaking lanes

This has actually made it MORE dangerous to try and get past the numerous trucks that use TR and actually means that the "safest" place to overtake from a licence protection perspective is on one of the numerous straight stretches with double lines telling you not to

Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post
    Speed cameras cause more accidents than they prevent, people are focusing on their speedo, looking for cameras - not paying attention to the road and the task at hand, driving. Inattention is the biggest cause, speed may be a factor in a death but the root cause remains the same. Pretty sure there was a study in the UK or US where they showed speed cameras being ineffective.

If they wanted people to have less accidents, they'd raise the speed limits. I love going on the freeway at 6am and 7pm, everyone's doing 110-120, no cops, no cameras - the traffic just flows beautifully. Soon as there's a cop car - 90, brake checks, random sudden braking, irrational driving maneuvers. Essentially - stupidity abounds. God forbid there's cops on bikes running their tag team operations - hell ensues.
    +1 The traffic in the early mornings on TR usually is travelling at ~115-120kmh because there are rarely cameras at that time and less trucks on the road, overtake across double lines and very rarely are there accidents at that time, usually they are later on when traffic numbers (especially trucks) and cameras/lasers increase and it gets harder to overtake slower moving vehicles
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post

The wankers in power are doing the same with roads like Gt Eastern Hwy and Toodyay Rd Over the years they have lowered the speed limits on Toodyay Rd while reducing the numbers of spots you can "legally" overtake on and then put radar cameras or cops with lasers on the overtaking lanes

(
    dont get me started on toodyay rd! double white central.. i only head down there a few times a month and it can be painful in a car

however the ZX knows not your double white laws
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    dont get me started on toodyay rd! double white central.. i only head down there a few times a month and it can be painful in a car

however the ZX knows not your double white laws
    I've been going that way for 12+ years and it has become worse and worse and more dangerous due to more traffic, the lower speed limits/increased enforcement and more white lines being painted Thankfully I do it early mornings/evenings and usually against the traffic

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When are those hover bikes coming out...surely if you are not actually on the road surface they cant fine you for speeding?...or can they??

Motorbike
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaSteve View Post
    When are those hover bikes coming out...surely if you are not actually on the road surface they cant fine you for speeding?...or can they??
    Well technically I guess you'd come under the control of the Aviation Authorities CASA and NAA and be in even more shit than a speeding fine

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But wouldnt they be the ones to have to catch you?....or would the filth drop you in it??

Motorbike
    Twin
    Liked
    122 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But wouldnt they be the ones to have to catch you?....or would the filth drop you in it??
    All depends if there's money in it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gippo
    cuntoxly

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! there are too many non cops trying to force their feeble driving skills on all and sundry....how many times I wish I had a grenade launcher mounted on the front of my vehicle.
    Many times I've thought the same and instantly thought the roads would be the equivalent of what we see in the movie Death Race (Statham one from memory).

People can't even understand merging, and that's just in the horizontal plane. Imagine adding a vertical one, actually the whole sphere of movement that would be available. People would be dropping out of the sky.
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm low flying near a road, the worst of both worlds.
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    Honda CBR 1000 RR. CBR 600 RR track
    Liked
    695 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    Well technically I guess you'd come under the control of the Aviation Authorities CASA and NAA and be in even more shit than a speeding fine
    Isn't there a rule about being under a certain height, there is no CASA restrictions, unless near an airport?
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Motorbike
    848,748r,900ssfe
    Liked
    950 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Isn't there a rule about being under a certain height, there is no CASA restrictions, unless near an airport?
    Can you imagine the total fuckup our leaders would turn this into , allow 50 years for approval at least .
    Likes Stephan liked this post

Motorbike
    ER-6N 2005
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The speed limits on many roads are pathetic...they are purposely set at speeds suitable for the 50's to gain revenue.
    I'm 50 and I got done for speeding recently!!!
    God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.

Motorbike
    ER-6N 2005
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    i saw a guy on a green bike of some kind go through a speed camera on the top of greenmount hill yesterday at about 150, didn't even brake just kept on going not causing accidents or killing kittens
    Hey RockChick.....you still got the green machine then??!!??
    God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    I'm 50 and I got done for speeding recently!!!
    You probably thought you were speeding when in actuality you were doing 10 to 15 under like all the other old farts...me included....
    Likes Sword liked this post

Motorbike
    ER-6N 2005
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably thought you were speeding when in actuality you were doing 10 to 15 under like all the other old farts...me included....
    I was actually quite impressed as I was in my old L300 4x4 rust bucket!!