5260 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Nah.

The SXV is probably the only thing around here worth touching.
    When I get a chance you need to let me get my hands on it...

The SXV...

Get it sorted for you...

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich... View Post
    When I get a chance you need to let me get my hands on it...

The SXV...

Get it sorted for you...
    Done. Let me know when to bring it to you (along with your oil pressure sensor).
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Motorbike
    Honda '04 CBR600RR, 80' CB750FZ
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Useless information:

The 900R has the adjustable forks, whereas the 900 has non-adjustable forks. Ok, so I found some brand new non-adjustable forks in Poland for an ok price. Might as well buy them and transfer my adjustable cartridges over, right?

The fork foot on the standard 900:

The fork foot on the 900R (ie adjuster on the fork foot):

So, stuff that... let's go find something off another bike that I can use.
    If you're only talking about the machining for where the adjuster bolt/screw goes. Surely that would be easy enough to get a machinist to replicate ? You've got the one with the adjuster already in (albeit bent) to jig up off. Might cost you another $100/fork to machine, but could be a real option if no other fork fits.
    Mind you, plenty of cafe racers do front fork swaps, if you could find something off a motard that might go close for length, machine a new head spindle and swap it all over. Not exactly Nuda then, but ...

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mika79 View Post
    If you're only talking about the machining for where the adjuster bolt/screw goes. Surely that would be easy enough to get a machinist to replicate ? You've got the one with the adjuster already in (albeit bent) to jig up off. Might cost you another $100/fork to machine, but could be a real option if no other fork fits.
    Mind you, plenty of cafe racers do front fork swaps, if you could find something off a motard that might go close for length, machine a new head spindle and swap it all over. Not exactly Nuda then, but ...
    Yeah, drilling a hole and tapping a thread to fit an adjuster on a non-adjustable fork foot would be easy enough.

It's a damn shame that the brand new forks that I found in Poland are the base model non-adjustable ones, instead of the better adjustable ones on the 900R. http://www.ebay.it/itm/291181268829

I dropped the forks off at Dyno Time today and will get feedback tomorrow on how bent and salvageable/non-salvageable each component is.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

Motorbike
    Kwaka ZX9R, Husky Nuda
    Liked
    38 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there is a online company in Europe (Holland)?? Who still sells Nuda parts and accessories for a reasonable price. I've picked up a fair few items from them back when I owned a Nuda a few years back.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Solrak View Post
    I'm sure there is a online company in Europe (Holland)?? Who still sells Nuda parts and accessories for a reasonable price. I've picked up a fair few items from them back when I owned a Nuda a few years back.
    The concepts of "Nuda" and "reasonably priced" do not exist together in the same universe.

Everything about this bike is a pricing rort.

For original parts, the place that you're thinking of is NudaParts.com, which is in The Netherlands.

I'll be ordering a bunch of new parts from them once I've got the front end sorted out and can finalise a list of what new parts I need.

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah an obsolete bike from a manufacture that no longer exists was always going to be a tuff one, hope it works out well for you phil..

will prob end up like delorean parts, the place in holland will have like 150 l/h side panels But only 20 r/h side the lefts will be cheap but the rights will be 6 times the price lol
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    '14 MT-09 El Trippo, '09 R1 El Bango, '08 CBR1000RR El Tracko,
    Liked
    820 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be checking that frame and headstem of yours before going and spending anymore money on that Phil after our convo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillz View Post
    yeah an obsolete bike from a manufacture that no longer exists was always going to be a tuff one, hope it works out well for you phil..

will prob end up like delorean parts, the place in holland will have like 150 l/h side panels But only 20 r/h side the lefts will be cheap but the rights will be 6 times the price lol
    The Nuda makes getting Aprilia SXV stuff seem like a luxury in comparison.

There's bugger all information out there about them. There wasn't a whole lot of chatter going on when they were current, and there's zero activity on the Nuda forums now.

I've just about figured out sources for all the parts I need, but it's taken a hell of a lot of hours.

Forks and triple clamps will most likely be arriving tomorrow.

I've got a front brake lever and a front axle sitting at Shipito in the US. I figured out the current Ducati Hypermotard SP uses the same front brake lever, and the BMW R1200 uses the same front axle.

The back wheel had minor damage and has been repaired.

The front wheel has major damage and can be repaired, but I've found another wheel in Melbourne so am making plans to buy that one. The same guy has a headlight as well.

With the triple clamps and forks coming from Poland, I'm getting dodgy phone calls and emails claiming that I need to pay GST before it arrives. Seems like a scam, but they emails contain a scan of the address label. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by DQ View Post
    I'd be checking that frame and headstem of yours before going and spending anymore money on that Phil after our convo
    Already done. I've had two people who know this stuff well look at photos and both have said that it's good to go.

Motorbike
    Honda CBR500r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Husqvarna Nuda 900R

If the goods were over $1000 then you’ll have to pay GST last time I imported something over 1k I seem to remember an email or letter asking for payment

Call customs and you’ll get your answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSam View Post
    If the goods were over $1000 then you’ll have to pay GST last time I imported something over 1k I seem to remember an email or letter asking for payment
    I was getting phone calls and emails all week from an Indian call centre demanding that I pay $197.22. I paid $1193 for the forks and freight (ie $119.30 GST), and there wasn't a breakdown of what the $197.22 was comprised of.

I thought it was likely a scam, but it turns out that FedEx have subbed some stuff out to a call centre full of dumb staff, even by Indian standards. You don't expect crap spelling and grammar in an email from FedEx.

I decided that the only way that I was going to pay FedEx was to do so in person. Did that this afternoon and now I have a set of new triple clamps and forks sitting in my kitchen.

Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a stat write off nuda at the auction, forks look good.

might be worth a look
    Hoonaholics Garage
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a stat write off nuda at the auction, forks look good.

might be worth a look
    That one is the base model, so has the crap forks. Those forks are easy enough to find overseas.

It would be interesting to see how much that wreck sells for - it's pretty much useless.

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-ve...uda-motorcycle

For my bike I ended up buying a set of brand new base model forks and triple clamps out of Poland. I then had someone transfer the 900R internals into the base model forks (ie same external parts), thus ending up with a new-looking set of 900R forks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HUSQVARN...72.m2749.l2649

My front axle is bent. Husqvarna's price locally for a new axle is $244.55. Screw that. I got clever and figured out what other BMW-made bike uses the same axle - a BMW R1200. Bought an axle on eBay US, only to find that it's a different length. Bugger. So much for being smart. The bent axle will get straightened instead.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-R1200...72.m2749.l2649

Had a win with the bent front brake lever. Husqvarna want $230.45 just for that lever. I figured out that a current model Ducati Hypermotard SP uses the same brake lever, so tracked out of those down in the US for $US30.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ducati-Hy...72.m2749.l2649

--------------------------------------------

Another Nuda 900 got crashed in Queensland recently (head-on with a car) but I don't know when that one's going to auction or whether it's a stat or repairable write-off.

Motorbike
    '14 MT-09 El Trippo, '09 R1 El Bango, '08 CBR1000RR El Tracko,
    Liked
    820 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Nuda 900 got crashed in Queensland recently (head-on with a car) but I don't know when that one's going to auction or whether it's a stat or repairable write-off.
    Kaemen's mate

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Rest in Peace
    Brother Ryad

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so it would appear if you ride a nuda based on percentage manufactured and the number written off, you would be guaranteed to write it off 3.21 times a year. it would be safer to fly cheap Asian airline or stick your dick in a bull ant nest.

might need some flashing lights & caution signage to advise other motorist to stay at least 30m away
    Hoonaholics Garage

Motorbike
    Gpx 250 suzuki bandit 1250
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so it would appear if you ride a nuda based on percentage manufactured and the number written off, you would be guaranteed to write it off 3.21 times a year. it would be safer to fly cheap Asian airline or stick your dick in a bull ant nest.

might need some flashing lights & caution signage to advise other motorist to stay at least 30m away
    and they say ducatis catch fire for no apparent reason and only manage to get from one late cafe to the next before breaking down but people still buy and ride em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraletic View Post
    little end bearing. best describes as the sound of 'A little black man with a hammer in your engine'. big end sounds like a bigger black man...

Motorbike
    KTM Duke 200
    Liked
    56 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothing to do with the bike, just the people that buy them..
    Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    A note for CM's. Don't be fucking girls. You can pass anything. Just fuckin' "Nail It". Take ya panties off you faggots.