User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does it work - bike knocked over whilst parked - person has left without a note

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fingers crossed the same result here.

i think star trek couriers are generally private contractors? so should be a personal vehicle not a company car?
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Motorbike
    Harley Davidson FXSB, Ducati 916S, Piaggio MP3 250
    Liked
    5055 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shifted View Post

i think star trek couriers are generally private contractors? so should be a personal vehicle not a company car?
    Hopefully it's star track since they're linked to Australia post and even a sub contractor has people to answer to
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah apparently it was a star track courier but I'm not sure how it works with witness word against their drivers word. Given I wasn't there. I guess I have to wait for the police to review the report and make some calls?

Motorbike
    Honda VFR 800 2016
    Liked
    42 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any reputable links to sites you're aware of, please?
    I've used www.partszilla.com & www.motorcyclespareparts.eu previously. Haven't tried a Japanese supplier yet, I imagine they'd save you $$$ as well.

Quick shifter for my VFR, about $520 locally, $250 plus shipping from the above sites. Shipping was fairly quick and no hassles with the suppliers.
    Likes shifted liked this post

Motorbike
    Aprilia SXV550, KTM250EXC-F & Kawasaki Balius
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah apparently it was a star track courier but I'm not sure how it works with witness word against their drivers word. Given I wasn't there. I guess I have to wait for the police to review the report and make some calls?
    Two years ago a taxi backed into a car of mine and did a runner.

Thanks to my knowledge of taxi infrastructure, I knew about the GPS tracking, cameras, etc.

The car and driver were easily identified. The camera footage showed the impact.

Despite this, police refused to take action. Apparently they don't give a shit about hit-and-runs. "Doesn't fit their criteria."

Do 20ks over the speed limit and you're a child murderer. Actually smash into something and that's perfectly fine.

So, don't get carried away day dreaming that police will look into this much.

However, if it's a courier vehicle then it's possible that there's some GPS tracking on the vehicle.

There will also be a record of a parcel being delivered to that location. Maybe go door knocking and see if you can find which place had the parcel delivered?

The vehicle may also have a small dent on the rear bumper from the collision.

The driver deserves to be fired, so if you can identify the vehicle then it's worth pushing for that. Damaging someone's vehicle and then pissing off anonymously is a cunt act.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.
    Likes Halo_2, Para045, henrys liked this post

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a heap of 2012/13 R1 parts still... Let me know what you need, or drop by and have a look
    Sponsored by:

Aussiesportsbikegear.com.au, AARK Suspension & Tuning, YAMALUBE
    Likes Tron liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't sound promising Phildo. What's best then, do I call Star Track and ask them who was scheduled to deliver packages to this address on Tuesday? Do I report it to them or let insurance do the running around (if they will??)?

I've sent an email through to QBE asking if I need to do anything like the above.

BlackFZR will send PM once I know what will happen with the claim through insurance, if that's ok - appreciate it!

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't sound promising Phildo. What's best then, do I call Star Track and ask them who was scheduled to deliver packages to this address on Tuesday? Do I report it to them or let insurance do the running around (if they will??)?
    Forget about insurance. Investigating stuff like this takes time, and no-one is going to spend money (ie staff time) on this except for you.

I actually had a delivery from StarTrack a couple of hours ago and asked the driver about this.

He said that the vehicles aren't GPS tracked, but the equipment is, ie that little handheld gadget that you sign your name on. That's traceable.

I am curious that if given the location, whether StarTrack would be able (and willing) to identify which gadget (and therefore driver) was in that area. Their software should be able to do this in seconds.

Oh, and the driver I spoke to assured me that it wasn't him.
    One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

Likes Tron, shifted, Para045, Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, well I've called up Star Track and emailed their collision assistance based on their advice, they will then look into whether it was their driver or an Australia Post driver linked with the fleet. I've provided the registration plate to them also and a time and date. They reckon 24hr turn around time.

I've asked within the commercial tenancies of the building and maybe someone on L2 had a package, we may also have had a package internally however L3/L4 is residential.

Guess it's hopes and dreams at the moment.

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think star trek couriers are generally private contractors?
    That fucking cunt Lt Sulu, can fly a fucking starship all over the galaxy but can't reverse park a ute

#1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    MT-09
    Liked
    85 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StarTrack drivers have set runs with clearly defined boundaries and GPS tracking.

If you think it was one of their subcontractors, call and ask to speak with the Fleet Manager.

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoke with Star Track and emailed their collision department.

They've confirmed it's a Contractor for AusPost and that a primary contact will be in touch with me today to discuss.

Fingers crossed it's a simple "here's his details, give them to your insurance company" and it's sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

Any recommendations for motion/tilt/knock alarms?
    Likes sporti liked this post

Motorbike
    Honda CBR500r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fingers crossed it's a simple "here's his details, give them to your insurance company" and it's sorted.

- - - Updated - - -

Any recommendations for motion/tilt/knock alarms?
    Good luck.

Alarms for bikes are really tough, many of them are too sensitive and will go off when people walk by. If youíre in a bad area this might actually encourage yobbos to set off the alarm on purpose.

Something high end like the Scorpio sr-i900R or other equivalent (not sure if itís available in AUS) may serve you better than the cheaper ones or it may not.

The main issue people have with aftermarket alarms is that they can fail while youíre riding and cause a hazard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motorbike
    BMW R100RS, K100RS
    Liked
    59 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of something that happened years ago. I was in the motor registry in Wollongong and some old bloke came up to me and told me he had just knocked my bike (XS 400) over. Poor old bastard was shitting himself. So I went outside to check the damage and it was only a broken clutch lever, so I told him I appreciated his honesty and not to worry about it.
    Likes Tron liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will have a look into that alarm - thanks for the suggestion.

If he had come up and was honest, and it was just a broken clutch lever - sure. I wanted different levers anyway.

Thing is, 3 people out front the building, he could have reversed as no one was behind him, instead he plowed through - got out - lifted the bike up and left. No note. I'm not a fan of that type of dishonesty. Fair enough spur of the moment and a lack of judgement can occur - but go back then later.

Spoke with the main contractor supervisor last night he is getting details to me today apparently. I appreciate the call, and that he was apologetic - I said shit happens and its fine but next time a note with details would be appreciated. Momentary lapse of judgement occurs and I'm not upset, just want it sorted asap.

Did laugh at his explanations though;
    "driver said he knocked the bike over, didn't see it"
    bike was right in front of the car mate so a bit difficult to understand how
    "driver doesn't know much about bikes, saw it but didn't think he damaged it"
    a bit difficult to miss a whole bunch of cracks in fairings, scratches and bent pegs
    "have you already filed a police report"
    yes, he didn't leave a note and time is of the essence so having no details apart from the registration I had no choice
    "you can't amend it at the moment?"
    I'm thinking fuck me, he did the hit and run, not my problem but yes I can still amend it if I get the correct details so it's no longer a hit and run.

We'll see what happens, she's going into Cully's shortly. The driver at least admitted he did hit the bike to the supervisor, and I've messaged Australia Post on facebook who gave me additional contact details so if this avenue doesn't work - I'll happily pursue it further. $3000+ in damage is not a happy sight. For the most part I can't thank Star Track enough for following it up and touching base with all the depots to pursue the information.
    Likes Benzo, Para045, Tron liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well out of nowhere, was walking past outside the building on a phone call and guess who rocks up!

The courier! On another delivery mind you.

Waited outside and had a quick chat, he apologised. Said he came back that night after 6 but the bike was gone, he was going to leave a note. That was probably the only night I made gym (was staying back late every night to get a project out otherwise).

Who knows, either way seems to be heading in the right direction.
    Likes Tron, Prefectionist liked this post

Motorbike
    A Monster and a Raptor
    Liked
    71 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well out of nowhere, was walking past outside the building on a phone call and guess who rocks up!

Waited outside and had a quick chat, he apologised. Said he came back that night after 6 but the bike was gone, he was going to leave a note. That was probably the only night I made gym (was staying back late every night to get a project out otherwise).

Who knows, either way seems to be heading in the right direction.
    Everyone's always sorry once they've been caught...
    Likes GTSam, shifted, Mr Bean, Green Trident, marras liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not wrong, he mentioned he lifted it up and didn't see any damage so I just stated that there was scratches all over the bike and cracked fairings - it was damaged so in future best to leave information straight away.

Motorbike
    Liked
    3434 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waited outside and had a quick chat, he apologised. Said he came back that night after 6 but the bike was gone, he was going to leave a note.
    He's had almost a week to get back there, and hasn't done so.

He didn't notify StarTrack about any incident.

What a crock of shit.

This guy deserves to be sacked.

Make sure he gets sent off to Centrelink.

Likes Benzo liked this post