User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front sprocket - genuine or aftermarket?

Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Just called Tsubaki in Welshpool and the chain I was quoted on is their Alpha XRS range

So an X-ring chain, suitable for up to 120HP (waayyyy more than the Gladius could ever produce) and a potential 30,000kms lifespan if maintained properly for $132incl GST seems like a pretty good deal to me.....so the final set up will be a genuine front sprocket, Tsubaki Alpha XRS chain and a JT rear sprocket

I guess time will tell if its the best way to go for the Gladius

Thanks to everyone who posted tips and info
    If you haven't already bought it, I've been running these for a while http://www.peterstevens.com.au/genui...eet-bikes.html

Works out about AU$105~ to your door including master link (as it comes with clip link) and postage last time one I ordered from there.
    Ride to feel alive.
    Likes Sword liked this post

Motorbike
    2006 CBR1000RR ... 2005 ER6-n still in pieces
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by claymen View Post
    If you haven't already bought it, I've been running these for a while http://www.peterstevens.com.au/genui...eet-bikes.html

Works out about AU$105~ to your door including master link (as it comes with clip link) and postage last time one I ordered from there.
    Thanks claymen ......already bought the Tsubaki one now....will keep the info for next time though thanks
    God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.

Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks claymen ......already bought the Tsubaki one now....will keep the info for next time though thanks
    No worries, yer I looked at Tsubaki but when the DID was that sorta price delivered.. And I didn't have to go anywhere..
    Ride to feel alive.

Motorbike
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Saturday morning fitted the bits.....so Gladius now has a genuine front sprocket, Tsubaki chain and a JT rear sprocket....no horrible noises anymore and hopefully it will stay that way for a while
    God gave Man both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.
    Likes Para045 liked this post

Motorbike
    Hooligan bikes
    Liked
    20 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    On Saturday morning fitted the bits.....so Gladius now has a genuine front sprocket, Tsubaki chain and a JT rear sprocket....no horrible noises anymore and hopefully it will stay that way for a while
    Regular cleaning and lubrication and you'll get a good run out of most chains
    Ride to feel alive.

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by claymen View Post
    Regular cleaning and lubrication and you'll get a good run out of most chains
    +1 If you aren't getting well over 40k from a decent brand of chain and steel sprockets then something is wrong

My BB has a Supersprox Stealth 46T Rear Sprocket, 17T Front Sprocket & DID Gold 530ZVM2 Chain on it, fitted @ ~78 000km and she now has over 145 000k on her and still only ~1/2 worn which is great considering the bike, my heavy arse and the way I ride Part of that I reckon is the Scottoiler which keeps it constantly lubed
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Liked
    18 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    +1 If you aren't getting well over 40k from a decent brand of chain and steel sprockets then something is wrong

My BB has a Supersprox Stealth 46T Rear Sprocket, 17T Front Sprocket & DID Gold 530ZVM2 Chain on it, fitted @ ~78 000km and she now has over 145 000k on her and still only ~1/2 worn which is great considering the bike, my heavy arse and the way I ride Part of that I reckon is the Scottoiler which keeps it constantly lubed
    I was looking at getting a Scott oiler Para045 as I do around 400kms per week just commuting and then whatever extra at the weekends so an oiler might be a good investment.....especially if it helps with the chain longevity

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking at getting a Scott oiler Para045 as I do around 400kms per week just commuting and then whatever extra at the weekends so an oiler might be a good investment.....especially if it helps with the chain longevity
    If you are doing heaps of km's then they are well worth the investment When I put mine on I was doing ~550km a week just to and from work plus any other riding on days off so well worth it to reduce the hassle of getting on my hands and knees every couple of days to squirt chain oil on the chain and sprockets

The only downside if you can call it that is that with mine as it is run off engine vacuum it does drip sometimes if left running in on spot for any length of time and you get a bit of fling onto the rim which collects dust and looks a bit grotty so if you are an OCD sort that always wants the bike looking spotless you'll be doing a lot of washing

Saying that they also do an electronic version eSystem which appears to be an upgrade of the Pro-oiler idea and I believe regulates the oil flow a bit better as it's electronically controlled rather than vacuum

As stated above my chain has done over 60k and still only stretched 1/2 way and looks as good as new (when cleaned of course ) and a lot of that I put down to the Scottoiler

I was at one stage looking at adding a Lube Tube at one stage as I was doing so many km's but I'm not doing so many now so haven't bothered as the standard reservoir will let you get well over 2000km depending on flow rate/oil viscosity etc before needing to be refilled
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator