Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carltonblues View Post
    Good to see the rider is ok, group ride last sunday bickley brook rider hit gravel kicked the bike back up lucky.
    Best to change line if possible if not push on the bar to keep the bike from sliding same for wet roads and oil.
    Back home tramlines and ice in high Country are far worse.
    Thanks Carltonblues. Honestly. It's a 50/50 chance if you going to make it or not. I opted for the pickup and picked a line between the trees. I didn't thought nor see the ditch on the side of the road. It was covered with vegetation.
    If I opted for a slide It might have turned out different. Beter or worse????? No one would ever know.
    The last week all I heard from people and mates was.....You should have and if it was me I would have...........bla bla bla.

All I'm saying is. I fucked up. I'm glad to have a second chance and still be alive. And to be able to tell yous guys what had happened. And also please be careful out there. I got cocky/complacent with the road and I payed the price. And like all of you I use to go there every chance I get. 99% of the time always on my own. The worst part about it all is. I didn't stack it on a hairpin. I came off it on virtually a bloody straight road. I feel like an idiot.

Also what I can add is. ABS on an old BM trouble U sux. Haha. The Brembos on the front will stop a freight train. But the rear is bloody useless. On the gravel the brakes is non existent.

Regards
    G
    Likes shortSteve, nos, Nudge, Carltonblues, Mr Bean and 2 others liked this post

Motorbike
    Street Triple R. Bye bye bandit :(
    Liked
    126 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep it was that moment, that circumstance and that choice. The could haves the should haves are from the wannabes.

You are owning it. And living it and better yet sharing the experience. Hope your convalescence goes to plan, the insurance pays out and then you get the chance to swing the leg over again.
    You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?
    Likes spudda liked this post

Motorbike
    Ninja 250R
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been following this post closely and glad to see you post up here and are on the road to recovery.
    Reminds me of my front end slide not so long ago coming out of an uphill hair pin bend, just past Peter Brock memorial, consequently fracturing a vertebrae. I attribute it to my lack of experience and trying to push hard.

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you never cock up you don't know where your limits are, aren't trying, or you're Jesus on a bike.
    If you cock up and don't own it, things will progress until you're someones bad memory.

Thanks for the honesty '77, hope to catch you out and about at some point.

S (for cockS up on occasion, lives to tell the tale).
    Buy my KTM RC8. Stunning condition. Stock as a rock. https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=186147

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Motorbike
    Twins
    Liked
    491 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on the bike gohard. Well done surviving. Like others have said, sometimes stuff happens
    When it happens, it is so quick. Good you had the thing pointing in the right direction when it did.
    Try the quiz - http://www.wisdomofchopra.com/quiz.php
    Likes =Maz= liked this post

Motorbike
    2010 repsol cbr1000r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohard77 View Post
    Thanks Carltonblues. Honestly. It's a 50/50 chance if you going to make it or not. I opted for the pickup and picked a line between the trees. I didn't thought nor see the ditch on the side of the road. It was covered with vegetation.
    If I opted for a slide It might have turned out different. Beter or worse????? No one would ever know.
    The last week all I heard from people and mates was.....You should have and if it was me I would have...........bla bla bla.

All I'm saying is. I fucked up. I'm glad to have a second chance and still be alive. And to be able to tell yous guys what had happened. And also please be careful out there. I got cocky/complacent with the road and I payed the price. And like all of you I use to go there every chance I get. 99% of the time always on my own. The worst part about it all is. I didn't stack it on a hairpin. I came off it on virtually a bloody straight road. I feel like an idiot.

Also what I can add is. ABS on an old BM trouble U sux. Haha. The Brembos on the front will stop a freight train. But the rear is bloody useless. On the gravel the brakes is non existent.

Regards
    G
    The main thing is you are able to tell the tale, there are two types of rider's those who have come down and those who may do.
    Get back on and put it behind you.

Motorbike
    Bmw , Honda
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carltonblues View Post
    The main thing is you are able to tell the tale, there are two types of rider's those who have come down and those who may do.
    Get back on and put it behind you.
    Thanks.

Liked
    2779 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. Yes I'm very very VERY lucky to be able to talk about my lil mishap. And yes. Been riding bike since the age of 6 and yes owned heaps over the years and rebuild 19 so far. So. Shit happens!!! Or happened.
    That's terrible, I haven't seen jarrah leaf miners that bad in a long time.
    -

Motorbike
    Bmw , Honda
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Can't wait to go and have a real look at the Beemer to see if its repairable or not. Might pull the inside out of the engine and make a nice patio table with a glass top and caster rollers.

But thats just all dreams. Still a long long way from being mobile.

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regards
    G
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T

Motorbike
    Bmw , Honda
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Brilliant. Just f........ng brilliant.

Hahahaha

A mate visited me in hospital last night.
    Known him about 11 years. Great bloke.

BUT........

He told me I should have dropped it and kick myself away from the bike.

He said. The motogp boys always do it.

Do I say more?????
    He has ridden a bike when he was in high school. Was his best mates 50cc. He has never owned a bike in his live. I changed the subject to beers and bbq and the weather.
    Likes Green Trident, westy74 liked this post

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor guy should know that's Targa territory not a track....
    The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
    G T
    Likes Gohard77 liked this post

Motorbike
    Bmw , Honda
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Trident View Post
    Poor guy should know that's Targa territory not a track....
    Whats Targa territory?

Motorbike
    Triumph Trident
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats Targa territory?
    Targa West was the event Brock was competing in when he died.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Targa

On a bit of a side note, there's a small section of a tree branch hung up on a power line over the road. It's been there for at least 18 months, sometimes the weather pushes it over the road and sometimes it hangs over the verge. I would NOT recommend keeping an eye out for it while you're riding.
    I have driven all these roads a few times at about 6K's spraying the road shoulders for weeds, sometimes I stop and hand spray eucalyptus and other self sown bushes, especially on the left hand bends. There are quite a few that have died off but haven't dropped their foliage yet.
    Last edited by Green Trident; 23-11-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    Likes Gohard77 liked this post