Liked
    55 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride To Arrive (thanks RSC)

Thanks Road Safety Commission, because every time I ride, I don't plan on arriving.

https://www.rsc.wa.gov.au/Your-Safet.../Motorcyclists

Motorbike
    Cbr 500r, crf 250r, Daytona 675
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one needed to be reminded to live.
    Likes deadly like, Josh93 liked this post

Motorbike
    ZX10,CBR1000F
    Liked
    585 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol... how can they be so shit at ads so consistently
    they ought to just pay some other jurisdiction to use their ads and give up
    some good ones in UK I've seen, and NZ, even TAC Vic from memory

it does demonstrate the need to ride on footpaths though, clearly they don't suffer from magical growing pebbles or blackness death patches
    Likes Josh93 liked this post

Motorbike
    None for now.
    Liked
    247 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only just yesterday riding along Marmion Ave (80k zone) doing 83k's and a fucking massive boulder grew right in front of me. It's god damn uncanny how accurate this ad is in showing what is truly possible when being an absolute madman on these dangerous roads. I've since adjusted my riding so I only do 79.9k's on Marmion and I swear to fuck the boulders actually shrink in size, often down to mere pebbles. Try it guys, this is serious. I think the oil slick was made up though as that has not happened to me but I don't dare exceed the speed anymore so I know it will never happen.

Motorbike
    A Clockwork Orange
    Liked
    2173 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys... the video isnít pebbles and oil.... the first depiction is rapidly spreading road conditioner... the 2nd is what happens when they forget to apply conditioner... the road gets all hard and lumpy n shit.

Completely accurate... I often find myself drifting through conditioner patches or wheelie/jumping over those gnarly conditioner-deprived sections of road.

S is for stuntman.
    Buy my KTM RC8. Stunning condition. Stock as a rock. https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=186147

Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.
    Likes BillyBoof, GTSam liked this post

Motorbike
    Plausible Denial
    Liked
    609 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this one time, i rode and I came, i think thats similar to what they are saying?
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Likes INTJ liked this post

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah saw this on the weekend and wondered if anyone thought it was as shit as I did I'm guessing the idea they are trying to portray is that big things can look small at a distance but quickly be a much bigger problem if travelling at speed and come up quicker than you expect but TBH it's probably a bit too vague for a lot of riders especially new riders and just looks stupid
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    ZX10R, DRZ400SM
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get out of my way, im a motorcyclist! Beep beep... is how it should have gone lol

Hoonaholics Garage
    Likes Mr Nobody, Bazzel, Josh93 liked this post

Motorbike
    2 x R1's
    Liked
    646 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a bad ad, but the intended message is very vague. Or maybe the fact it can be interpreted in so many ways is actually very clever? If nothing else, it has got some of us discussing it.

Doing other day to day activities (rarely driving or riding, although it does occasionally happen), I'm amazed how often I suddenly realize that I'm operating on auto-pilot, and not paying full attention to the activity at hand. So often I'm planning or working out what I intend to do next, without actually paying attention to what I'm doing right now. It can be really scary when you consider what could happen to you as a rider if you miss those visual/audio cues that might indicate something going on ahead (or behind) because you are distracted.
    Sponsored by:

Aussiesportsbikegear.com.au, AARK Suspension & Tuning, YAMALUBE
    Likes eejay liked this post

Motorbike
    User is a dirty Perve
    Liked
    578 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFZR View Post
    It's not a bad ad, but the intended message is very vague. Or maybe the fact it can be interpreted in so many ways is actually very clever? If nothing else, it has got some of us discussing it.

Doing other day to day activities (rarely driving or riding, although it does occasionally happen), I'm amazed how often I suddenly realize that I'm operating on auto-pilot, and not paying full attention to the activity at hand. So often I'm planning or working out what I intend to do next, without actually paying attention to what I'm doing right now. It can be really scary when you consider what could happen to you as a rider if you miss those visual/audio cues that might indicate something going on ahead (or behind) because you are distracted.
    The problem is with external opinion, perception. The ad implies it is always the riders fault, and/or responsibility.
    I believe they should target driver awareness first, and then rider awareness.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .
    Likes Para045, BlackFZR, shifted, GTSam, Loges and 3 others liked this post

Motorbike
    '13 YZF-R1
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^this (driver awareness).

I'd be more concerned with the amount of people that change lanes and don't look for a bike, or see a bike and change anyway for shits and giggles.

Such changes
    Much wows
    Many WTF head shakes and death stares
    '13 YZF-R1 // '00 RZ Supra // '72 XA Fairmont Sedan (Resto Project)

Motorbike
    98 TITANIUM CBR1100XX SUPERBLACKBIRD
    Liked
    1150 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady7/8 View Post
    The problem is with external opinion, perception. The ad implies it is always the riders fault, and/or responsibility.
    +100 This was the thing that annoyed me the most, it reinforced the general publics view that motorcycle riders are just reckless hoons and that speed is the main contributing factor in MC accidents

Not one mention of other road users (cars/trucks etc) or badly designed and maintained roads just that if you exceep the speed limit you're going to die
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Motorbike
    Z800
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady7/8 View Post
    Agree, and they should promote Advanced motorcycle training or something to better your skills. That is if we had a track that we could actually do Advanced motorcycle training........

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Para045 View Post
    +100 This was the thing that annoyed me the most, it reinforced the general publics view that motorcycle riders are just reckless hoons and that speed is the main contributing factor in MC accidents

Not one mention of other road users (cars/trucks etc) or badly designed and maintained roads just that if you exceep the speed limit you're going to die
    And how many non-bike riders would cheer when Mr Gullible hit that rock at the end.?

Yeh the ad simply reinforces the negative already focused on riders by Mr Fukkin-Cage
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    K 1200 r
    Liked
    0 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the rider in the video, displays he's body position leaning forward, to act out he is in a hurry.
    The term.(ride to arrive) yes,possibly fit that ad well. But it's a media driven misapprehension that only motorcycleists need to be made aware.
    Yes it might help some young bloke considering he options before he walks into D.O.T. to get a permit.
    What's would be more realistic is a go pro video from someone is just riding home after work.
    I can't see that happening, cause all car Drivers are so well behaved an never cause accidents whist their trying to (die to arrive)

Motorbike
    ZX10 B1, DR650SE, 250 trackie
    Liked
    371 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen a decent ad from RSCWA.

A bunch of old, pickled fuck heads that probably have to crank the lever at the front of their automobile each time they start it, know absolutely fuck all about what it is they're trying to address.

Bunch of useless c*nts. Your ads are shit. They have never been effective, because none of you have any fucking balls. Stop tiptoeing around the issues, stop pitting one group of road users against the other, maybe instead just tell everyone to pay fucking attention and don't be a dick. Invest the money saved by not airing these useless fucking ads into safer road infrastructure (Indian Ocean Drive, anyone?). Fucking dickheads.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapacrap

Motorbike
    (TY-250- RD350LC- Gsx 750 esd) Current -Gsx 250 SSM GSX 1100 EFE
    Liked
    304 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not wanting to speak for PSB, or assume we all think alike .

Is it OK to email ACA and have them look into the waste of money that these so-called 'safety adverts ' have become.

I was almost ready to hit send and had second thoughts.... What kind of message do we want to send?

Do we engage cagers ? or suggest a better method to get the attention of riders..that hits all the spots inc scooter kids..returning riders...old hands etc ?

Waddayareckon?
    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Motorbike
    Street Triple R. Bye bye bandit :(
    Liked
    126 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I speed then the ride gets more exciting. Eye popping even. I get it exactly.
    You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Liked
    416 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Blazon; 02-11-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Likes Nudge, Known, Shady7/8 liked this post

Motorbike
    MT09
    Liked
    317 times
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another idiotic waste of taxpayers money designed to make all motorcyclists look irresponsible. They should show the increasing number of dozy inattentive dimwits in cars that pull out hitting motorcycles and all the other crap that drivers pull...and do in a shocking manner. That ad is as weak as the old farts who run the show....and I am an old fart....so I know what I'm talking about.
    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast